Hello, old board!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. Hello, old board!

User Info: Lontepark

Lontepark
5 years ago#1
This place comes to mind every now and then, usually when I'm procrastinating on something or other terrible. So I've come and lurked a few times before. I guess I tend to check it once a year or so.

I was really young when I first came here, much younger than all of you guys. I was just going through the transition from the private Christian middle school that I had gone to all my life into public high school. So, all the stuff I had learned in "Apologetics" classes and through years of being surrounded by like-minded Christians got regurgitated onto this board. And that was very important to me. Honestly, you guys were my trial run for going out into the real world and talking with people that had different beliefs. And I'm sure I offended you guys at some points, and I am sincerely sorry for that. It was very good for me to hear what you guys had to say and to talk to you all so that I could make an idiot of myself here instead of in high school. I had a great high school experience overall, I really did. I ended up with a group of friends that I'm still quite close with even going into my sophomore year of college. And I think it's partially thanks to you guys.

I see that you guys have moved to reddit, but I don't have a reddit account and I probably wouldn't post regularly anyone, so if I do try to contact you all, you know in another year or so, I'll probably do so here.

Travis, I'm glad you've kept this place alive! I really am. I've read snippets of a bunch of your posts and you're really a great guy.

Just an update on my life, I am currently a Theater major at USC, going into my sophomore year now. It's a lot of fun. I'm probably going to double major in something else, become a teacher or something. I have doubts every other week about it, but I always come back to being a drama teacher. It's the dream of giving a place to all the lost sheep in a high school somewhere, I think theater is important for that. I've been dating this girl all summer long, known her forever, she's wonderful. So that's a thing. One of my cats died, but we just got a new baby kitten. It's adorable. And I'm 20 now. I remember I was 14 when I first came to this board, so It's been six years, can you believe it?

I really only joined this board to write things, I wanted to be a writer for most of my life it seems like, without hardly ever writing anything haha. I've been writing a lot of play scripts lately which is really fun. And hopefully I won't ever fully give up on the dream.

Aaaand cause this is Gamefaqs after all, lately I've been playing terrible amounts of old shooters. You see I just got xbox live, really late to the game I know, so I've been playing Halo 3 and Call of Duty, MW2. Also I did just get Counter Strike GO. But yeah, playing call of duty makes me feel like a bro, its disconcerting. Fun game though. Also, how great is Minecraft? Right? It's the only place where you can build literal monuments to wasted time. I hate it. It stole way too much of my time last year. Also today. It's taking all of my restraint not to buy the Xbox version. I want another Fallout game. More than anything. Skyward Sword was cute, it was fun, it wasn't anything special. Skyrim was amazing and epic and got reeaally tedious after awhile. Assassin's Creed Revelations was alright. Expectedly good, but not great. I'm terribly excited for Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3. Those two will be beautiful.

But yeah, mostly they just need to make another Fallout. In Hawaii. Or Chicago. That would be awesome.

Also I appreciate all of you people, Travis, Ben, Dan, Zach, John (if you are still around). It's been good knowing all of you. Maybe I'll post again in another year or two. Then again, I'll probably check this thread for replies tomorrow. And in another week. So there's that.
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
-Groucho Marx

User Info: Trambient

Trambient
5 years ago#2
Wow, hey, Sean!

It's great to hear everything's working out on your end! I always knew you had a good head on your shoulders and things would work out for you. About half of my friends are either enrolled in or have graduated from USC, so I'm totally aware of how much of an accomplishment that is.

I feel pretty bad about the way I acted during the stormier times on the board. You were young, yeah, but we were all pretty young. It's awesome to hear that you used those experiences to your benefit, but I still wanna apologize if I was ever overtly combative, or just a dick in general.

It's weird that in the span of a few weeks, I feel like all the old regulars (now only excluding John) have been coming out of the woodwork and checking in and reconnecting.

I figure, as long as you and John aren't around, I'll take a peek at this board every once in a while just to check in. You're always welcome to join us on Reddit! I understand if that's not in the cards for you or your schedule right now, though.

Anyway, definitely keep in touch! It's great to hear from you!
A penguin?! And he's been drinking!
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. Hello, old board!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived