I don't know what this board is, but...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. I don't know what this board is, but...

User Info: Gwelenguchenkus

Gwelenguchenkus
4 years ago#1
...th anks for the topic on Arc the Lad. I found it in a google search because I was frustrated with the low activity on the ATL boards themselves. The advice is solid.

Many years ago, I played a perfect file for Arc 1 and got partway through Arc 2 before getting distracted by something else. I think I've went through that process twice. As much as I loved Arc 2, I started to really get dragged down by its incredible length. But I think I can get through it this time.
Go forth, and do weird and difficult things!

Gwelenguchenkus
4 years ago#2
I kind of feel like 'that guy' who walked into a private party and nobody wants him there, except everyone is dead.

Well, since I've already violated the sanctity of a gravesite of a rare intelligent and decent community on GameFAQs, why stop now?

I was searching the interwebs for some kind of opinion on who I should be training up for my transfer to Arc 2. I'm thinking I might just go ahead and level everyone except for some of Chongara's more useless summons. Although, I'm not quite sure yet. I might put less effort into it. I'm only roughly 5 hours into Arc the Lad 1 and am already starting to feel impatient, which is not a good sign. Maybe I just need to chill out, drink a little, listen to a podcast and grind out those few hours keeping in mind that it'll all be worth it when the time comes in Arc 2.

Also, said topic I read said there was a gay romance hinted in Arc the Lad 3 between two characters. If that's true, I'm really impressed. I wonder if the couple is Shu and Tosh. Interesting if true. Very interesting. jRPGs disappoint me in terms of representing gay characters. I'd like to see less of SMT: Nocturne and Shadow Hearts representations, which more or less depict gay characters as clowns. More jRPGs should follow in the example of Sailor Moon.

/rant

User Info: Trambient

Trambient
4 years ago#3
Hey! Happy to be of help!

I wouldn't worry too much about Chongara's summons, the cast in 2 is so extensive that I just never found a decent place for them. I'd also refrain from leveling Choko at all. I think I covered this in the other topic, but leveling her in 2 is more beneficial to her stats. And even at level 1, she'll be keeping up with the other characters just fine.

Also, don't bother leveling Chongara at all, he's not playable in 2.

And yeah, you know, I might have read too much into it, but I got the strong impression that Shu and Tosh were a thing. No one ever comes out and says it, but it's implied that they have a bond that's more emotional and ingrained than a typical "bromance". The notion was refreshing to me because, like you said, most Japanese games treat homosexuality in the way they handled that wrestler guy from Shadow Hearts 2.

Anyway, again, happy to help! Let me know if you need any more.
A penguin?! And he's been drinking!

Gwelenguchenkus
4 years ago#4
Hey, thanks!

Well, I'm already in Arc the Lad: The Deuce. I ended up leveling all the humans and three summons to 60 in the first game when I got to the Forbidden Ruins level 43. I actually equipped the Necklace from a few floors down to get some extra HP per level-up, which oddly enough resulted my weakest mages with the most HP and my fighters with the least. In retrospect I feel a little bit weird about doing that - there is something very wrong/unnatural about Kelack with 300+ HP. I didn't think I'd bother with the summons, but my gut OCD 'might as well get the most out of this dungeon while I'm here' urge was extra high at that moment and I just couldn't stop. I spent a ridiculous amount of hours in that dungeon that I would not have done in the past without podcasts/TV/music keeping my brain from melting.

While halfway through leveling Fuujin I realized that Fuujin and Raijin's magic stat was actually already maxed out at 99 only a couple levels in, but I was still getting bonuses at level up. I don't know if I just wasted a ridiculous amount of time getting them to 60, or if their stats were actually still being counted but just weren't showing up. I pray it's the later.

Regardless, their ability Storm on the last battle did well over 1400 damage in one shot, which was very shocking.

Arc 2 Progress/Concerns:

I just got Shu back after he left for awhile, and when he came back he was level 28, 8 levels higher than my characters I've been using. Wow. I don't know if that was fixed or just added to whatever levels he had before, but that seems overkill.

The only concern I have at this point is that leveling up all the party members in the first game is going to bite me in the ass when I have to fight enemies in the Chimera Lab that are based on their levels. I don't know if I will be able to survive 5 Toshes. Maybe I can. Maybe I'll have to abuse some powerful equipment or Arena abuse just to get through it. I hope not because I'd really like to play a normal game.

User Info: guwa

guwa
4 years ago#5
I only played TotS. Awesome game.
http://i.imgur.com/TWSMj.png

User Info: guwa

guwa
4 years ago#6
Too bad the last one is crap.
http://i.imgur.com/TWSMj.png
  1. Boards
  2. The Arc of Yesod
  3. I don't know what this board is, but...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived