Why mod into RoTK2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Cao_Bao

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#21
Xu Guan Zhong is in Tian Hu's area but he rejected to become official.
This Xu Guan Zhong maybe based on Luo Guan Zhong.

Luo Zhen Ren, well, Zhen Ren means 'sacred man'.
Luo Zhen Ren is a powerful wizard, can teleport like M.Bison or Dhalsim, and completely immortal (like Yu Ji or Zuo Ci in RoTK novel)
Luo Zhen Ren is unarguably based on Luo Guan Zhong himself. This man could be a very close friend or maybe related to the author.

Li Kui most likely based on a beloved nephew or someone who is very young at those years but very brave or maybe very outspoken, which the author very proud of him.

Pan Jin Lian is based on consort Pan, from around Qi dynasty, which destroy his husband's dynasty.

However that Cui Dao Cheng and Qiu Xiao Yi mostly based on Xiao Dao Cheng, a general who destroy Liu Song dynasty, and build his own dynasty.
Maybe the author hates him so much, and put those Cui Dao Cheng and Qiu Xiao Yi as brigands and meet awful ends.
Somehow word Cui, Qiu, and Yi, maybe means something too

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#22
Right now I played RoTK2 Zhou Yuan.
From my observation, while trust is still 50s, all Zhou Yuan can recruit with better loyalty (65+) are only the bandits of Liang Shan.
I capture several Fang La top generals, example Qian Zhen Peng and Bai Qin, but they start with loyalty of 25-29, so it's useless rewarding them.
After the trust reach 90s, I start to capture and reward Fang La generals because loyalty become more stable.

However in original BKoAC, we can capture Qian Zhen Peng very early, and recruit him. Especially when we play Lin Chong.

In these mod, Fang La's generals are loyal to Fang La, Gao Qiu's generals are loyal to Gao Qiu, Liang Shan generals are loyal to Liang Shan rulers.

With Zhou Yuan, I start to do my bad habit, the worst habit, it's LiuBiaoing habit.
Recruit Wu Yong, Lin Chong, Gongsun Sheng, Zhong Qing, Dong Ping, and then Xiao Jia Sui, etc.
I capture many Fang La generals but then all lost because everyone steal them.
But now my trust is 90s, and I was able to resteal Fang Mao, and reward him to max.

Somehow this is a very different gameplay than original RoTK2 or original BKoAC.

Right now I'm interested of DragonAtma's population map.
Maybe I will try to examine the current map right now.

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#23
Here's list of BKoAC goodfellows:

Scenario 1:
Gao Qiu
Cui Dao Cheng
Wang Lun
Zhu Wu
Lu Zhi Shen
Shi Jin
Lin Chong
Wu Song
Yang Zhi

Scenario 2:
Gao Qiu
Yan Shun
Wang Lun
Li Jun
Shi Jin
Lin Chong
Wu Song
Lu Zhi Shen
Yang Zhi
Song Jiang
Chao Gai

Scenario 3:
Gao Qiu
Pei Xuan
Lu Zhi Shen
Zhou Yuan
Zhu Long
Li Ying
Chao Gai
Zeng Tu
Shi Jin
Li Jun
Li Kui

Scenario 4:
Gao Qiu
Li Zhong
Lu Zhi Shen
Li Ying
Song Jiang
Zeng Tu
Fan Rui
Shi Jin

Well, so here's the list of goodfellows:
1. Gao Qiu
2. Chao Gai
3. Cui Dao Cheng
4. Fan Rui
5. Li Jun
6. Li Kui
7. Li Ying
8. Li Zhong
9. Lin Chong
10. Lu Zhi Shen
11. Pei Xuan
12. Shi Jin
13. Song Jiang
14. Wang Lun
15. Wu Song
16. Yan Shun
17. Yang Zhi
18. Zeng Tu
19. Zhou Yuan
20. Zhu Long
21. Zhu Wu

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#24
With BKoAC has 21 rulers, it's very hard to accomodate them all into RoTK2 limited rulers.

And later I learned that Tian Hu and Wang Qing and Fang La are prominent rebel leaders, so it's very confusing to set the rulers colours and positions.

But finally I finished making mod with entering about 26 rulers or so.
Most of the rulers are appeared only once in the scenarios. But somehow most of them are playable, most of the Liang Shan bandits goodfellows are playable, include the crappy ones.

So that many people will try playing as Yan Shun, or Li Zhong, or maybe Pei Xuan, or maybe the great scholar Wang Lun.

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#25
The battle duels somehow a bit annoying.
Since almost every greater forces has their own champion, then there are lots of duels in this mod.
And the worst of the duel in this PC mod is: the outcome based on random. So in random timer, sometimes Qian Zhen Peng was able to defeat Guan Yu, er, Guan Sheng.

The duels are very often. When you invade Gao Qiu, that Wang Huan or Wen Da will accept you challenge.
When Zeng Tu, Shi Wen Gong will accept your challenge. When Wang Qing, there are several will accept your challenge, include Yuan Lang. When Fang La, there are so many will accept your challenge, he has lots of war generals. When Zhu Long, Luan Ting Yu will accept the challenge. So almost all major forces has their champion.
If you invade Song Jiang or Chao Gai, they have tons of best war generals. If you invade Zhou Yuan, he have Sun Li. If you invade Zhu Wu, he have Chen Da, and later Shi Jin.

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#26
If you see those 108 bandits, you will see there are so many Lis and so many Shis, but mostly not famous or just a plain ordinary member.
This makes conclusion that they are related to Shi Nai An or something. Maybe they are family member.

While Song Jiang is only followed by Song Qing.
It's not common for rebel leaders do not appoint their family members to the highest rank.

So if those Lis and Shis are related to the author, there will make some sense.
Maybe they are uncles, cousins, brothers, and maybe sons.

The war against Fang La is mostly not written by Shi Nai An, because the author is randomly appoint anybody to be killed, as the most awful is Shi Jin's death.
Looks like the later author doesn't care about any individual of bandits.
Shi Jin is very promising at the start, very promising talent and was introduced in very early story. This Shi Jin could be based on author's most beloved son, or maybe based on the author himself. But later he was killed by one single shot. So the later author maybe do not have knowledge of the backgrounds of each bandit based on whom, or maybe the author do not care about the background and just writing on his independent ideas.

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#27
If someone said that my mod is gonna kill the real BKoAC (everybody gonna leave BKoAC, and will play my mod forever), I think it's just too bombastic.

As what I said before, BKoAC fans loves strategy, and their playing method is "cautius speedrun"
While RoTK2 fans loves to play relax and accumulate great army, their playing method is "relax and build one million army"
These two type of playing methods is greatly opposite one another.
So BKoAC real fans will mostly love RoTK2 game because their cautius speedrun still can be used in RoTK2, while RoTK2 fans will mostly hate BKoAC game and prefer my mod.

But BKoAC fans will mostly never leave BKoAC because this is their first game before they meet my mod.
For BKoAC fans, my mod is only an option if they wish to play alternate rulers which cannot be used in BKoAC, and mostly is Gao Qiu, and or maybe Wang Lun.

My mod is only some addition to the former BKoAC for BKoAC real fans.
And also an option for those who hates BKoAC because hate speedrun too.

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#28
I already try almost all goodfellows in my mod, and here's some of my summary:

1. Gao Qiu.
Well, this guy is the strongest ruler in my mod, almost undefeatable and invincible when used by human players. Even unexperienced beginner maybe still can win using Gao Qiu of this mod.
I note that almost all bordering rulers offering bribes and asking alliance with your Gao Qiu (if you play him).
This guy can said proudly: can anybody provide me with a decent challenge?!

2. Chao Gai
I don't know but this guy is somewhat better than Song Jiang in the game (although novelwise he is some kind of Liu Zhang, just sit and let anybody do the dirty war job).
His greatest problem could be Gao Qiu's early invasion. And that invasion targetted his homecity or capital. One of the best move is moving or abandon the homecity before Gao Qiu invade.
But Chao Gai still have lots of advantage comparing to the early Song Jiang. For example is Wu Yong is his main advisor. And Wu Yong has the highest intellect in the whole game.
Chao Gai has lots of followers from his start. Include Wu Yong and Gongsun Sheng, and also Liu Tang and Yuan brothers.
Chao Gai's charm also one of the best, based on RoTK4 stats.

3. Cui Dao Cheng
I haven't try this scam bag, I think he is worse enough.
His main advantage is because he start on the rich province.

4. Fan Rui
I think he is the best crappy ruler if compared to all Liang Shan's crappy rulers.
His compat help him very well.
Using Fan Rui, I steal/recruited so many captured/POW generals
Fan Rui has higher charm, based on RoTK4 stats, and this very helpful to gain generals and expand quickly.

5. Li Jun
Start on the far south and far from conflict, this guy can steal POWs before he expands.
His starting followers maybe average stats but helpful.
His charm is quite good.

6. Li Kui
Well he has his brother Li Da. This guy is on danger of being invaded by Gao Qiu. He is the strongest in the game, based on RoTK4 stats. His charm is quite mediocre. It's fun to use him as ruler as Lu Bu. But since Gao Qiu is very powerful, he cannot speedrun crushing Gao Qiu.

7. Li Ying.
I don't know but this guy almost certainly crushed by Gao Qiu before harvest.
Although his stats is very good, but the aggresiveness of Gao Qiu will overwhelm him.

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#29
8. Li Zhong
This one start on the far north. Quite far from Gao Qiu, but very near to the major power Tian Hu.
I use this one several times, and was able to survive each time.

9. Lin Chong
With great war and good charm, this one is very interesting to start with.
Already destroy and killed Wang Lun in personal combat, now he is start very close to Gao Qiu.

10. Lu Zhi Shen
Start very strong, and supported by many powerful followers, and quite far from Gao Qiu.
In scenario 3, he can compete with other rulers.

11. Pei Xuan
Another crappy ruler. Start quite far from Gao Qiu, but still very dangerous.
Can profitting from Gao Qiu's wars by recruiting POWs.

12. Shi Jin
I think he is one of better crappy ruler.
Start directly beside Gao Qiu, he must prepare to face Gao Qiu's invasion.

13. Song Jiang
The major protagonist in the novel, but also have a very best compat because the compats of 108 bandits.
His brother Song Qing follows him at almost every scenario he appears, giving one extra loyal governor.
This guy become stronger very strong after the death of Chao Gai, and he was able to collect almost all best generals of 108 bandits.
If you never play this game before, this guy maybe recommended for earlier scenarios.
In middle scenarios, Gao Qiu mostly will target him. So you have no choice but to pay bribes to Gao Qiu.

14. Wang Lun
This one is totally stupid ruler.
Somehow difficult to play as him because his compat is an enemy of 108 bandits.
His two most loyal generals, Du Qian and Song Wan, are quite useless.

Cao_Bao
1 year ago#30
15. Wu Song
Wu Song start quite far from Gao Qiu, makes him another safe player.
He can search and find his brother Wu Da.
Although his brother is loyal, but somehow quite useless.
His arch nemesis Pan Jin Lian and Xi Men Qing escape far. Maybe he wants to chase and execute them.

16. Yan Shun
Start quite close to Gao Qiu, very dangerous.
His mighty general Wang Ying, and also Wang Ying's stressful wife Hu San Niang.
He can profit from Song Jiang's wars against Gao Qiu.

17. Yang Zhi
Start quite far from Gao Qiu. Another best ruler because of his stats and his safe starting position.
Can profit from other wars by stealing POWs, so he can quickly build his forces.

18. Zeng Tu
This guy is supported by his whole family. He has his four brothers with him, making four loyal generals from the start.
With this four loyal generals, he can do limited speedrun, exterminate one major ruler very quickly, maybe Chao Gai or Wang Qing.
His compat is somewhat close to Gao Qiu. In the novel, he is officially another governor under Gao Qiu.

19. Zhou Yuan
Start with several generals, also with his nephew Zho Run.
His forces is quite decent, but he is bordering Gao Qiu.
If Gao Qiu target him very early, then he is in deep trouble. Maybe he should bribe Gao Qiu.

20. Zhu Long
This ruler is not playable in my mod, unless use cheat.
His brothers Zhu Hu and Zhu Biao is quite good. And his mighty general Luan Ting Yu.
His compat is somewhat close to Gao Qiu. In the novel, he is officially another governor under Gao Qiu.

21. Zhu Wu
He start on the west, along with Chen Da and Yang Chun.
Although his starting position is safe, but he is not favorite ruler to play.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived