Random Discussion Topic v9.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v9.0

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
6 years ago#1
...oh, come on, it would have been bad manners to double-post for the last message in the other one. As is, the conversation has slowed a bit, so I'm a bit starved for topics. Might be a good thing, considering that whole

"Discussions of current news stories, social topics, and random posts do NOT belong on gaming boards. "

reminder up there. Eh, why not? We're here, we like Kana in some way each. DOWN WITH THE MAN!
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
6 years ago#2
Damn this sell-out site! I was also hoping to start the new RDT, but I'm not the only vigilant one today/tonight it seems :P

Again, for the sake of 'might-not-be-seen-since-the-previous-RDT-has-reached-its-500-post-cap': I just pre-ordered School Days HQ and Saya no Uta/Hanachirasu and purchased a digital download copy of Yume Miru Kusuri. Helping the economy through my favorite hobby!
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

NeutralDrow
6 years ago#3
Don't worry, I've done it once, and I'm set for life.

Yeah haven't played Yume Miru Kusuri, yet?! Wow, that was the game that really got me into the genre; before then, I'd only played the Type-Moon games (starting with their fighting game spinoffs), so I was a bit limited.

...admittedly, I'd purchased it at Comic Con along with eleven others, so I was set to be a fan anyway, but still.

Sigh...speaking of Comic Con, I was pretty disappointed when J-List rolled out their catalog and all the interesting things turned out to be pre-order only. I didn't get to walk away with My Girlfriend Is the President or Eien no Aselia, and their only new stuff were Demonbane and Yukkuri Something I Can't Remember That Involved A Lesbian Catholic Schoolgirl Arcade Game.

Luckily, they'd started carrying MangaGamer titles, so I left with Higurashi Kai, Kira*Kira, and both Da Capo titles.

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
6 years ago#4
I was thinking about playing Yukkuri Panic Escalation until I found out about the arcade game element to it, after which I lost all interest in it. I've been burned by too many 'hybrid' bishoujo games (eg Pretty Soldier Wars, Lightning Warrior Raidy) to want to bother playing another one.

ifritsparda
6 years ago#5
No, I've played through Yume Miru Kusuri more time than I can count; Mizuki's path especially. It's just that I've 'sampled' it, and was long over due for an actual purchase. Besides, my current laptop was severely lacking in VN's. DYLHB?1 and Private Nurse can only last so long. I also took the liberty of buying Secret Wives Club. I've always liked the art in that game.

NeutralDrow
6 years ago#6
Ah, you had me worried. I've been tempted to replay that game entirely, myself, but I've had too many others getting in the way (had similar temptations with Kanon, actually). The only thing from YMK I replay every once in a while is from Aeka's route. The "Aeka: A Cry From the Heart" scene.

...I shouldn't have to explain why, I think.

A dozen games later, and I haven't seen anything to match it, though a certain scene in Symphonic Rain acted astoundingly like its dark mirror. That game had a few remarkable resemblances to YMK, come to think of it. I should have my review for it up on the Escapist in the next couple of days.

And I hear ya on the VN woes. I just replaced my old laptop last month, and other than the obligatory Type-Moon trio (I haven't installed Fate/Hollow yet), the only game I have loaded is Snow Sakura. I'm technically in the middle of that, Family Project, and The Sagara Family, and I've been wanting to return to the middle one. Almost did so today...until I was asked for the activation code, which wasn't handy during my lunch break.

Also, I might have to get it through my head that this computer has around 15 times the available disk space as my last one, and stop backing up and uninstalling all my VNs as I finish them.

NeutralDrow
6 years ago#7
Wrote a review of Symphonic Rain, if anyone's interested and hasn't played it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.308335-Neutral-Drow-reviews-Symphonic-Rain

Took me four months to write that thing, so I hope it turned out okay.

ifritsparda
6 years ago#8
1) Grave's among the worst fictional bastards in existence, and that's saying something! *strangle* *strangle*

2) The Shingetsutan Tsukihime manga elevates Arc's path to utter perfection. The ending was *sniff* beautiful. Totally leads into Tsukihime 2, don't it? :D

ifritsparda
6 years ago#9
Big hurricane's a comin'

[the very likely event of] no power = No VNs.

BOOOO!!

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
6 years ago#10
Raid the pet stores, steal their hamster wheels with a suitable number of hamsters to keep them spinning, and create your own power!
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v9.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived