Random Discussion Topic v9.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v9.0

User Info: Stealthlys

Stealthlys
4 years ago#471
Shoot the Works posted...
That is perhaps the most unfortunate order for viewing the endings.

I'd have 2 agree.

User Info: tripleh213

tripleh213
4 years ago#472
Just got done with ending 4 Snow. I cried on this ending a little.
"You gotta protect the one you wanna protect" Crocodile One Piece
Anonymous - Don't Mess With Us

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
4 years ago#473
Welcome to the KLS board. You're in good company - I think almost all of us have been emotionally affected by Kana. Good luck pursuing the other endings.

User Info: tripleh213

tripleh213
4 years ago#474
It is tough for me cause I played Katawa Shoujo last year and that left me emotionally drained.
"You gotta protect the one you wanna protect" Crocodile One Piece
Anonymous - Don't Mess With Us

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#475
KS (and pretty much every other VN for that matter) has nothing on Kana in terms of being emotionally draining due to splitting your attention between several girls, whereas Kana focuses on just one, over and over. You don't get to know the others nearly as well unless the VN has an obscenely long story (Clannad). Not that the others are no good, but I haven't seen one more poignant than Kana, though a rare few can be seen as being on that level, albeit for different reasons.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#476
Katawa Shoujo left you drained? KS is honestly one of the tamer VNs I've played, as far as it goes...unless you managed to get all the bad endings, I guess. I didn't get any, barring the Manly Picnic ending, so I can't comment.

But yeah, Kana...if I can't rank the game with my other favorites, it's only because it transcends whatever scale I could use, thanks almost entirely to Kana herself. It didn't give me all the emotions; Yume Miru Kusuri, Symphonic Rain, and Kanon all managed things KLS didn't possess, but only one of them had a character I loved as much as Kana, and none of them managed to evoke the same level of sheer grief.

...if any of that makes sense. Hard for me to tell, at the moment.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
4 years ago#477
KLS is pretty rad.

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
4 years ago#478
Man, this new layout is majorly ugly!

Plus, it doesn't even work with GameFOX anymore (as far as I can tell)...

Edit: Have the site on the 'Throwback Mode' for now, but according to the help notes it'll only be available for a few more weeks at the most.
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
4 years ago#479
ifritsparda posted...
Man, this new layout is majorly ugly!

Plus, it doesn't even work with GameFOX anymore (as far as I can tell)...

Edit: Have the site on the 'Throwback Mode' for now, but according to the help notes it'll only be available for a few more weeks at the most.

Came here to post that. It's gross.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#480
The flipping hell happened here? Aw, man, now I have to wait for another GameFOX update...

...then again, has that "Search Topics" bar always been down there?
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v9.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived