Random Discussion Topic v9.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v9.0

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
4 years ago#481
It makes it easier for me to log in now, so I'm happy with it.

A combination of the font size in my browser and the layer of content over the old login boxes meant that I used to have to find an area approximately 2x1 pixels in size with the text insertion cursor every time in order to enter my username. Or I could probably have just used the tab key. I wonder if I ever tried that.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#482
http://winter-confetti.blogspot.co.uk/

AIR IS BEING TRANSLATED AGAIN!
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#483
Great, it should only be another 5 years or so before we see the whole thing finished =T So...plenty of time to finish Kanon till then. And I'm still waiting on the last bits of MajiKoi to be finished =( Which is fine, really, because I haven't made any time for VNs at all except for that Kana jaunt. Too many other things going on at once.

User Info: virumor

virumor
4 years ago#484
I'm kind of done with G-Senjou. Finished two routes, and the remaining girls are incredibly annoying (or rather, stereotypes I dislike).

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#485
Wow. Okay, so I really DID dodge a bullet starting The Sagara Family with Ruruka and Emiru endings. Pretty much everything involving Arisa so far has been horrible. Though bizarrely, I'm liking Sanae more.

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
4 years ago#486
Wow. Okay, so I really DID dodge a bullet starting The Sagara Family with Ruruka and Emiru endings. Pretty much everything involving Arisa so far has been horrible. Though bizarrely, I'm liking Sanae more.

Why? Because Arisa is basically a doormat? Her good path wasn't so bad, but it's basically ero overkill in a game developed solely for that purpose.
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#487
Probably because the events in Arisa's story involve lots of unpleasantness, and Drow's inability to handle Virgin Roster means he'd probably have abandoned the VN if he'd opted for Arisa first.

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#488

Why? Because Arisa is basically a doormat? Her good path wasn't so bad, but it's basically ero overkill in a game developed solely for that purpose.

I can't even tell what's a good path and what's a sex path in this game, to be honest. I've gotten two Ruruka endings, but unlike with, say, Little My Maid, those endings and the paths leading up to them don't seem to indicate one way or the other (whereas LMM's endings are actually labeled, and you can tell which is which based on whether I want to congratulate Ohji or tear out his throat).

But no, it's not that Arisa is a doormat that bothers me. I totally understood her silence during her route's conflict. It's that she herself is firmly convinced that she's a doormat to such an incredibly disturbing level. Her whole "I can't trust myself not to have sex with any random guy, no matter how abusive they might be, so I want us to be permanent sex friends" spiel felt really out-of-place and too close to NTR for me to feel comfortable. I'm also having trouble reconciling the Yusuke who just accepts that at face value and acts on it with the Yusuke who was unnerved by some of Ruruka's and Emiru's whacked-out ideas on sex and love (and helped them grow out of them).

And since I've twice gotten the ending where they drag Sanae (who I'm honestly starting to like quite a bit, barring a couple of characterization moments I'm deliberately ignoring) into it, it pisses me off even more.

I know, I know, you're not supposed to take a nukige (and a ZyX one, at that) this seriously, but since the rest of the game has been an actually entertaining sex comedy, it's pretty jarring.

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
4 years ago#489
I can't even tell what's a good path and what's a sex path in this game, to be honest.

The "good" routes are the ones that lead to a monogamous relationship with the girl of your choice. The "bad" routes are the ones where you end up with two of the sisters instead, either Sanae and Arisa or Emiru and Ruruka. There's also two Maria endings, but I can't remember off the top of my head what's different between the two of them; I think in the "good" one the girls find out about her and Yusuke's relationship and are supportive of it. Then, there's the harem path you unlock after getting all the endings...

But no, it's not that Arisa is a doormat that bothers me. I totally understood her silence during her route's conflict. It's that she herself is firmly convinced that she's a doormat to such an incredibly disturbing level. Her whole "I can't trust myself not to have sex with any random guy, no matter how abusive they might be, so I want us to be permanent sex friends" spiel felt really out-of-place and too close to NTR for me to feel comfortable.

Given that NTR requires some poor sap getting Cuckolded I never got this vibe from her paths. Having said that, I do understand where you're coming from, what with the common theme in NTR of the female becoming "sex drugged" and losing control and all that. Aside from being only with Yusuke, she fits that role to a T (the director's scenes notwithstanding).

And since I've twice gotten the ending where they drag Sanae (who I'm honestly starting to like quite a bit, barring a couple of characterization moments I'm deliberately ignoring) into it, it pisses me off even more.

Yeah, this is one of those games where if you're not using a guide it's very likely you'd keep getting an ending you don't want. Some of the most arbitrary decisions lead to the various endings in this game. As for Sanae, I liked her as well, although the extreme tsun-tsun side of her tsudere nature can be a little jarring at times.
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#490

The "good" routes are the ones that lead to a monogamous relationship with the girl of your choice. The "bad" routes are the ones where you end up with two of the sisters instead, either Sanae and Arisa or Emiru and Ruruka. There's also two Maria endings, but I can't remember off the top of my head what's different between the two of them; I think in the "good" one the girls find out about her and Yusuke's relationship and are supportive of it. Then, there's the harem path you unlock after getting all the endings...

Really? I could swear I got two different monogamous Ruruka endings. I had to go to the guide after getting one of them so many times (the five-year timeskip, with the background cameo of Makoto from Do YOu Like Horny Bunnies? 2), but I think the other just ended on a sex scene.

Can't comment otherwise, though. The only harem scenes I've found so far are Arisa/Sanae.

Given that NTR requires some poor sap getting Cuckolded I never got this vibe from her paths. Having said that, I do understand where you're coming from, what with the common theme in NTR of the female becoming "sex drugged" and losing control and all that. Aside from being only with Yusuke, she fits that role to a T (the director's scenes notwithstanding).

I guess the cuckolding is in the definition (and what distinguishes it from straight-up mindbreak), though it's never the part I notice. Only the degradation.

Yeah, this is one of those games where if you're not using a guide it's very likely you'd keep getting an ending you don't want. Some of the most arbitrary decisions lead to the various endings in this game. As for Sanae, I liked her as well, although the extreme tsun-tsun side of her tsudere nature can be a little jarring at times.

I figured I'd go through as far as I could without a guide, just to see what I end up with. I think I'm at about the point where I'll shift.

The weird thing is, that tsun-tsun nature was what was driving me away at first, until I got hints that it was at least partly a reflection of strength, rather than only frustrated violence. I immediately forgave her any number of minor wrongs for how she handles the train chikan scene without Yusuke's intervention (and at the moment, I conveniently ignore the hints that she handled it assertively only because Yusuke's presence was making her angry; I pray this doesn't change). It feels weird to say, but the impression I get is that she's legitimately an independent sort of person, and she's struggling to get over how much Yusuke feels like an invader (with a significant amount of bad luck and later attraction exacerbating the situation).

It also helps that she's capable of acting like a decent person (puts her light years ahead of, say, Louise Francoise). She also seems more fun than her mother and sisters when just left to their own devices (Emiru's close, but something about her creeps me out).

I hope I don't get firmly disillusioned during Sanae's path. >_>
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v9.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived