First playthrough

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. First playthrough

User Info: redrosemagic

redrosemagic
6 years ago#1
I’m…speechless. This is one of the most moving stories I’ve ever read. It made me cry like a little girl several times. The first time little Kana smiles and say "I love you" was the first time. I finished it in one sitting. Hours later, I’m lying awake in bed trying to sleep but I just can’t, I keep thinking about Kana and Taka. I’m overwhelmed with sadness; I’m particularly affected since I’ve lost my parents in a car accident 2 years ago, this game just stirred everything up again (and I’m crying again… ). It’s nearly 2 AM, I’ve got school tomorrow and sleep refuses to come. =(
How long does this feeling last? Because I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be able to focus in school tomorrow. Did anybody else get this affected? If so when did you start feeling better?

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
6 years ago#2
You finished one path or completed all 6? How long it lasts will vary, but it definitely won't end till you see it all =T

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
6 years ago#3
You...you finished it all? Like, every ending? How are you still upright?!

On topic...how long does it last? I'll get back to you on that; I played it April last year. The emotions of the situations have settled for the most part. The emotional attachment to Kana has not, and probably won't so long as I remember the music. This is still one of only two games where a random thought about it, months after the fact, has made me spontaneously start crying.

And believe me, I do know that feeling of not being able to focus during a day after completing a game route. KLS isn't unique, in that regard (Yume Miru Kusuri, Kanon, and Symphonic Rain managed it particularly strongly), but it certainly did cause it. I sympathize entirely.

Of course, it wasn't all sadness. Think I damn near burst with pride when she started showing signs of being a true nerd (and fighting game fan, in that one part), there were the festival and beach visits, I still want to kick that bastard Masa for touching her ass once, and ultimately...well, if you've seen it, you know, if you haven't, I won't spoil it.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: TheRealZ3ro

TheRealZ3ro
6 years ago#4
I felt like that for a whole week before I started to calm down. Like Drow, I've settled now, but I'll always have that attachment to it.
[] Kana: Fanfic Flash & Kana: Eternity [] --- http://www.the-z-projects.com/
[] My YouTube Channel [] --- http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealZ3ro

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
6 years ago#5
Well, there are a lot of people here who felt the same as you do, so hopefully you can draw some comfort from that. =)

If you haven't finished all the paths of the game yet, then you're probably going to find more tear-inducing moments as you continue playing, so that'll probably figure into how long it takes for the sadness to pass.

For me, I know the game hit me hardest on the first playthrough (where I was in the stage where you are now, capable of thinking of nothing else except Kana). After that came a period of a few weeks where I just sort of wandered around missing her, and scouring through the game to make sure I saw every little part of her life that was possible to see.

But eventually the sadness did go away, though it left me a changed person.

redrosemagic
6 years ago#6
“You...you finished it all? Like, every ending? How are you still upright?!”
“You finished one path or completed all 6? How long it lasts will vary, but it definitely won't end till you see it all =T “
Oh, no no. I got one ending. I got ending 5 if I’m not mistaken.

“On topic...how long does it last? I'll get back to you on that; I played it April last year. The emotions of the situations have settled for the most part. The emotional attachment to Kana has not, and probably won't so long as I remember the music. This is still one of only two games where a random thought about it, months after the fact, has made me spontaneously start crying.”
I’m probably going to regret asking, but which is the other game? (I’m not planning on finding it anytime soon, but if it’s as impactful as Kana then I will play it…eventually)
“I felt like that for a whole week before I started to calm down. Like Drow, I've settled now, but I'll always have that attachment to it.”
Thank you. But I do hope I get my focus back enough to be able to work soon (I’m posting on this board while I’m supposed to be doing research about the Carolingian Empire -.-) even if I’m still sad.
“Well, there are a lot of people here who felt the same as you do, so hopefully you can draw some comfort from that. =)”
A little bit, I’m happy to see that I’m not the only one this game had such a large impact in (Schadenfreude? O_o)
“If you haven't finished all the paths of the game yet, then you're probably going to find more tear-inducing moments as you continue playing, so that'll probably figure into how long it takes for the sadness to pass.”
I figured that. Do the other paths vary much from the one I took (I got Ending 5)? No spoilers please, a yes or no will suffice- =)
“After that came a period of a few weeks where I just sort of wandered around missing her, and scouring through the game to make sure I saw every little part of her life that was possible to see.”
I suspect I’m not going to leave this game alone until I’ve found out every possible ending as well. But I do hope I can get a little more…”stable” before that.
“But eventually the sadness did go away, though it left me a changed person”
Yes… like I said before it’s good not be alone in this. This is such a great story.

redrosemagic
6 years ago#7
Oh. For some reason my message got clumped together. I’m sorry if it’s hard to read, I’ll be more careful next time.

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
6 years ago#8
Ending 5 was my first as well, so I always feel a certain kinship with those who got it their first time. =)

Ending 5 is one of the 'intellectual' paths of the game (4, 5 and 6), which don't vary much. The other three endings are variants on the 'normal' path of the game.

Anyway, it's great to have another KLS fan in the fold. Please keep posting about your experiences with the game! You're not alone! =)

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
6 years ago#9
Oh, no no. I got one ending. I got ending 5 if I’m not mistaken.

Close to mine, I got ending 6 first time through. I think it's cause I never really found it in me to disappoint Yumi...until after that night at the bar, granted, but it was a bit late by then.

Anyway, it's basically ending 5, but with something extra. My run wound up being 6, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, which worked pretty well.

I’m probably going to regret asking, but which is the other game? (I’m not planning on finding it anytime soon, but if it’s as impactful as Kana then I will play it…eventually)

Oh, that's Tsukihime, and technically I started crying for reasons unrelated to impact (though it's still a great game). It's just the opening theme that triggered it, reminded me of where I was when I first played the game, and I got hit with a surprisingly strong nostalgia attack. >_>

(Schadenfreude? O_o)

Empathy.

I suspect I’m not going to leave this game alone until I’ve found out every possible ending as well. But I do hope I can get a little more…”stable” before that.

It did take me a couple of weeks after getting my first ending to get back into the game, though I somehow managed to get through the others fine in a row.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

redrosemagic
6 years ago#10
“Ending 5 was my first as well, so I always feel a certain kinship with those who got it their first time. =)”

=) . I tried to make Kana as wise and gentle as possible. It just seemed like the best way to use her time in the hospital. I thought she could do all the “normal” stuff when she got better. Even when it started becoming clear she probably wouldn’t survive I still thought it was the best route to take. And I just couldn’t force myself to be mean to Yumi, she was just in love with somebody who didn’t love her back and I was sympathetic for her… Right up until she basically forced herself on Taka at least.

“Anyway, it's great to have another KLS fan in the fold. Please keep posting about your experiences with the game! You're not alone! =)”

Thank you! Its great finding a responsive community for such an old game. I’ll be hunting for the other endings with the help of a walkthrough and maybe post what I thought of each one in a few days. I need to…recover some more.

“Close to mine, I got ending 6 first time through. I think it's cause I never really found it in me to disappoint Yumi...until after that night at the bar, granted, but it was a bit late by then”

We think alike. =) I tried to be nice to her, but then the night at the bar happened. -.-

“Empathy.”

I prefer your theory. =)

“It did take me a couple of weeks after getting my first ending to get back into the game, though I somehow managed to get through the others fine in a row”

I hope I can do it too. I know I’ll still be affected each time but hopefully not this much.

One last thing, the friend who lend me the game says there is one ending where Kana lives but that you have to achieve some of the other to unlock it (She wasn’t sure which though) . Do any of you know which endings I specifically need to get before unlocking the one where she survives? (I’m still going to try to get all the endings but I really want to see Kana pull through).

Thank you in advance. =]
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. First playthrough

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived