First playthrough

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. First playthrough

User Info: redrosemagic

redrosemagic
5 years ago#71
ďWell, actually that's 'assortative mating' - the tendency for an organism to want to reproduce with others similar to itself. It plays a big part in genetic sexual attraction, though, along with the Westermarck effect.Ē

Oh, ok, I must have confused part of the explanation, thanks for clearing it up! =)

ďI'm amazed that they mentioned something as esoteric as genetic sexual attraction in school - though of course if you're planning to study medicine, I guess you're studying subjects that have to do with biology and psychology?Ē

Well yes, I am but like I said genetic sexual attraction was only mentioned in passing. We were actually studying inbreeding and a classmate mentioned something about a couple in France who found out they were brother and sister only after she got pregnant. The teacher then quickly explained GSA. Like I said I didnít quite get it so I asked for a more detailed explanation after class.

ďI'll try to hold back on the cookies. Don't want to ruin your girlish figure, do we? ;)Ē

I swear I can gain weight just by looking at food sometimes. -.- Iím quite fed up with swimming but Iím afraid Iíll get fat if I stop doing it. =P

ďHmm, now that I think about it, my sister does have a lot of the characteristics I'd look for in an ideal mate tooĒ

Doesnít it feel weird to realize? I know I was weirded out.

ď though of course there are a lot of things she does that would slowly drive me insane as well. =)Ē

LOL. Yeah, everybody we live with has a few habits that get on our nerves. Putting up with that is an essential part of living with somebody. =P

ď*only child* *no frame of reference*Ē

Poor NeutralDrow is being left behind with this subject.^^ Sorry. Whatís it like to be an only child then? =P

ď Koi Kaze is a very well-told story, though, if the storyline sounds interesting to you.Ē

Eventually, I have so many things I need to get first just from your recommendations that I wonít get to that for a long time. ^^

Well, my vacation officially ends today. Iíve returned to school last week but weíre only really buckling down this week, with a test already scheduled for this Friday (Too soon -.-) so I wonít be able to come here nearly every day like Iíve been doing. But Iíll still come here in the weekends and Iíll be sure to respond to anything you post. Iíll just take more time. See you next time! =D

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
5 years ago#72
Hmm, so when does the school year finish for you? Here in Australia it's pretty convenient - summer comes over the Christmas break, so schoolkids get about a month off from late December to late January before returning to start the next grade. The school year here is literally a calendar year.

Iím quite fed up with swimming but Iím afraid Iíll get fat if I stop doing it. =P

LOL, well, calories have to be burned somehow, or they turn to fat, right? One of the tragedies of human existence. =)

Doesnít it feel weird to realize? I know I was weirded out.

I actually think I may have been subconsciously resisting it for quite some time now. Earlier in life I definitely didn't see girls similar to my sister as romantic prospects. But now that I'm getting a bit older, and mellowing a bit, I start thinking about what I'd want in a life partner, and my sister has a lot of the qualities I'm looking for. It could be because we spent a lot of time together as children taking care of chores and cooking in a domestic situation (both our parents working), so we learned to coexist and cooperate as a pseudo-couple?

But Iíll still come here in the weekends and Iíll be sure to respond to anything you post. Iíll just take more time. See you next time! =D

Catch you soon. Remember, studies come first! =)

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
5 years ago#73
Sorry for not getting back sooner. Triple distraction of work, Team Fortress 2, and Katawa Shoujo getting in the way...

Was this a Monthy Python reference? Youíll get a cookie if it was. ^^

Yep. Three times is always the reference.

Nah, he just showed more skin in the third one. That smoldering gaze in the second ones cover takes home the prize. *quivers*

Heh. Coming from the perspective of a straight guy, the skin is what does it.

Was that it NeutralDrow? Pff, you are not worthy as my opponent. ^^

...truly, you have bested me. I have worse reviews, but they're not bad due to numbing length, just bad writing. My first work didn't work out as well as hoped...learning experience, though. >_>

Oh incidentally, Katawa Shoujo? Play it.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

redrosemagic
5 years ago#74
Sorry I took so longÖ I got lazy last weekend. I didnít even turn on the computer, I pretty much only ate, slept and watched TV. I was taking a cold medication that left me nearly narcoleptic. My brother said that it was hilarious watching me nod off and fall asleep in the middle of a conversation. Good thing he doesnít mind carrying me to bed. ^_^

ďHmm, so when does the school year finish for you?Ē

6th of June (the classes began in early September). But the national exams extend well into late July (They have two phases one in June, the other in July) so as soon as the regular school is done is when Iím going to start really buckling down and studying (I already reserve 3 hours of my Saturdayís afternoons to solve exercises from earlier exams) so the school year will only really end for me in July (Unless Iím extremely satisfied with the results in the first phase, weíll see). These exams are of course of vital importance and will probably decide my entire professional future. No pressure. ^^

ďBut now that I'm getting a bit older, and mellowing a bit, I start thinking about what I'd want in a life partner, and my sister has a lot of the qualities I'm looking for.Ē

I got blindsided by the revelation but I guess it does make sense. Just hope I can meet somebody with all those qualities while at college. Iím not sure how much time free Iíll have as a pediatrician, especially in the first few years so it would be nice already have a relationship going in. Bah, Iíll cross that bridge when I get to it.

ďIt could be because we spent a lot of time together as children taking care of chores and cooking in a domestic situation (both our parents working), so we learned to coexist and cooperate as a pseudo-couple?Ē

Yes, that sounds familiar, =) like I said most of our relatives describe me and my brother as an old married couple. We divide the chores pretty much equally. He avoids cooking if at all possible but everything else we do in turns (For example: If I vacuumed this week, then next week heíll be the one to do it.). Oh and just for curiosityís sake, whatís the age difference between you and your sister? (My brother is 4 years older than me, if I hadnít mentioned it before).

ďCatch you soon. Remember, studies come first! =)Ē

Always. My brotherís gave up college so I could go to it. Iím sure as hell not going to drop the ball now!

ďYep. Three times is always the reference.Ē

Yay. Cookies to you. Nobody in my class knows about Monty Python other than me. My generation is doomed. <_<

ď...truly, you have bested me. I have worse reviews, but they're not bad due to numbing length, just bad writing. My first work didn't work out as well as hoped...learning experience, though.Ē

The first few times tend to be a mess on most things. Itís only a problem if you donít endeavor to improve. =).

Feel free to kick more reviews my way though. Ones you are proud of for a change. =P

ďOh incidentally, Katawa Shoujo? Play it.Ē

LOL. Eventually, Iím still working on getting my own copy of Kana (that takes priority), but I've already written down that game, Itís on the wish-list (which is getting way too big and my birthday is still far away. >_>)

Darkling183
5 years ago#75
Oh, believe me, I know all about start-of-year laziness. I'm actually supposed to be doing some work at the moment, but I'd rather potter around on the Internet. How on earth did people waste time before the Internet came along?

Bah, Iíll cross that bridge when I get to it.

It'll happen when it happens. =)

Oh and just for curiosityís sake, whatís the age difference between you and your sister?

My sister's four years older than me as well. Not quite a big enough age gap for her to have been an 'authority figure' to me as I grew up, but not so small that we were all that close as children either. Somewhere in the middle.

I've already written down that game, Itís on the wish-list

Ah, but Katawa Shoujo is a free download. Not that I'm interested in playing it, but if money is holding you back, let it hold you back no longer! (Though perhaps study commitments might hold you back instead, and with good reason...)

redrosemagic
5 years ago#76
ďOh, believe me, I know all about start-of-year laziness. I'm actually supposed to be doing some work at the moment, but I'd rather potter around on the Internet. How on earth did people waste time before the Internet came along?Ē

Probably sat on a circle throwing rocks at each other. Good thing we are far more civilized now. Now we just trick each other into visiting shock sites. =P But seriously, I tend to avoid doing research for school on the web if at all possible. I know that ďa quick look at a Wikipedia articleĒ turns into ďwaste 2 hours on Memebase/ Tv Tropes/ YoutubeĒ. Of course when I do have time to waste everything doesnít seem as interesting as It did when I had a deadline. <_<

ďMy sister's four years older than me as well. Not quite a big enough age gap for her to have been an 'authority figure' to me as I grew up, but not so small that we were all that close as children either. Somewhere in the middle.Ē

Honestly, my brother was never an authority figure (He was left in charge when our parents went out, but he left me do anything I wanted). Although Iím not sure why, we were always very close despite the age gap (Partners In crime, always covering for each other and doing most of our mischief together) . Even now he doesnít really act like an authority figure, we make all big decisions together (Moving to the capital for instance). I know some people think itís weird how much he trusts me. Maybe Iím just really mature. ^^

What about your little brother, who you had territorial wars over, are you closer in age? Just remembering what you wrote makes me happy that I always had my own room. Itís one of those things you can only appreciate in retrospective. I only shared a room when we were on vacation.

ďAh, but Katawa Shoujo is a free download. Not that I'm interested in playing it, but if money is holding you back, let it hold you back no longer! (Though perhaps study commitments might hold you back instead, and with good reason...)Ē

Damn. Why didnít I google it before answering? -.- Thank you Darkling, but donít worry, I take my studies very seriously, I try hard to avoid getting addicted to something during test season.

On unrelated news, if I can get a 19 or more average(Which I totally can) I am eligible to apply to Cambridge (Yes, the awesome university). Only 25 percent of applicants get in, and of those accepted only 10 percent are foreigners so my chances are still slim if I decide to apply. Iím giddy just thinking about it, although Iím not sure itís a realistic goal. Even though I get several scholarships the cost will still be significant, compounding that is the fact that my brother would have to leave his relatively well paid job here for an uncertain one in the UK (Because I flat out refused going without him). SoÖ yeah, itís probably not happening but it still feels good to dream. And have professors tell you youíre Cambridge material is really good for the ego. =D

Darkling183
5 years ago#77
Probably sat on a circle throwing rocks at each other.

LOL, yeah, that sounds about right.

Of course when I do have time to waste everything doesnít seem as interesting as It did when I had a deadline.

Oh, yes. Now that the pressure is lessened a bit, spending hours on Facebook games doesn't seem as rewarding anymore. I guess the perceived reward for time-wasting is proportional to the importance of the things you should be doing in that time instead. =)

What about your little brother, who you had territorial wars over, are you closer in age?

Actually we're even further apart in age - he's six years younger than me. As he got a bit older, my sister and I were often left on weekends to look after him. So I guess I quickly started getting used to operating as a 'domestic unit' with her, to some extent.

Thank you Darkling, but donít worry, I take my studies very seriously, I try hard to avoid getting addicted to something during test season.

Whee! Here's a cookie for your diligence! (You can swim it off later.)

Whoo, it's great that your teachers think you're Cambridge material. You can picture yourself in the long black gown and funny hat. It does sound like it wouldn't be practical, but you're right - it's always an ego boost to be told you're that good at something. =)

User Info: stage4saiyan

stage4saiyan
5 years ago#78
I just downloaded it. I never, ever, EVER got emotional during any game or movie, so I'm interested in seeing how I'm effected.
PACKER TRACKER: 15-1 Regular Season AARON RODGERS 2011-2012 NFL MVP
XBL and PSN: Lionheart2390

redrosemagic
5 years ago#79
ďActually we're even further apart in age - he's six years younger than me. As he got a bit older, my sister and I were often left on weekends to look after him. So I guess I quickly started getting used to operating as a 'domestic unit' with her, to some extent.Ē

You felt like a couple with a small child perhaps? =)

The only extended period I had taking care of child was when my brother agreed to take care of his goddaughter(1 year old) last summer for about a month (Her parents were on honeymoon)Ö all I can say is that Iím in no hurry to have kidsÖNONE.

I expected it to be hard. What I wasnít prepared for is the days the baby decides to evacuate 20 tons of waste from her system every 10 minutes for 24 hours straight. Or the destruction of half my music CDís. Or her attempt to eat everything that could fit in her mouth.
I came out of that month with a new look of admiration for all the parents who take care of their newborn baby and still manage to get any work done.

The most horrifying thing that happened on that time was about 2 weeks in. It involves a diaper change. Nothing was abnormal. No rash, no crying, no sign of pain whatsoever.

But her poop was streaked with blood. Of course we panicked. We called the hospital, who told us to bring her in right away; we called her parents who said they would start packing that very moment. So we packed up for an expected overnight stay, filled with tests, needles and terrified screaming. Just as we were about to head out the door, I smelled an inevitable delay.

We again pulled out the changing stuff, took off her diaper, and stared in the strangest mix of relief and confusion. Green blood, running in the same ribbon pattern as before. As green as The Incredible Hulk's poop. Or somebody else's poop if they ate the Incredible Hulk. It doesn't matter.

Before I could register even the most remote guess as to what was going on, my brother had already searched her toys and came back with two half-eaten crayons. One maroon and one green. I almost asked him why he was eating crayons at a time like this, when it hit me.

It turns out that crayons melt inside the digestive tract of a toddler, but they don't get absorbed into the system. I nearly cried with relief, I can almost laugh now when looking back, but these are not the sort of experiences Iím looking forward too again.

ďI just downloaded it. I never, ever, EVER got emotional during any game or movie, so I'm interested in seeing how I'm effected.Ē

Well, I hope youíll enjoy it, please tell us if you liked it after youíre done. =)

redrosemagic
5 years ago#80
And Iím sorry for not writing last weekend.
One of the disciplines I have is taking up a lot of my time recently (Itís name can be roughly translated as Project Area) which the point is to have the students develop and execute a project that benefits the community. My groupís project is to clean several dump sites in the woods and plant trees in them in order to leave our forests cleaner and healthier. We need the city councilís permission for some terrains, private ownersí permission for others, we need to contact environmental organizations willing to help (by donating trees or people willing to help) so the last few weekends have been quite the shuffle to talk to everyone needed and organizing everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. First playthrough

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived