First playthrough

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. First playthrough

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
5 years ago#81
You felt like a couple with a small child perhaps? =)

LOL, almost. We even played card games together. ;)

all I can say is that I’m in no hurry to have kids…NONE.

Amen to that, sister!

Or the destruction of half my music CD’s.

*cringe*

I almost asked him why he was eating crayons at a time like this, when it hit me.

I love those absurd moments where our brains are completely focused on one thing to the exclusion of all common sense. =)

Sheesh, babies eat anything and everything. Why can't they be similarly unfussy when they grow up? I have two nieces and two nephews, and trying to remember their orders at McDonald's is a monumental task. "Okay, so you want the cheeseburger but without pickles, and you want apple slices, and you want nuggets but with sweet and sour sauce not barbecue sauce and GAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

And I’m sorry for not writing last weekend.

No no, studies come first. No need to apologise.

One of the disciplines I have is taking up a lot of my time recently

Speaking of absurd brain moments, I read the fourth word as 'disciples' and briefly wondered if I should start calling you 'Your Holiness' or something. =)

Your project sounds great! Constructive and good for the environment. Good on you, your holiness. =)

Darkling183
5 years ago#82
Green blood, running in the same ribbon pattern as before. As green as The Incredible Hulk's poop. Or somebody else's poop if they ate the Incredible Hulk. It doesn't matter.

I LOLed at this as well. You have quite a way with words, you know.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
5 years ago#83
Ah, but Katawa Shoujo is a free download. Not that I'm interested in playing it

...really, Dark? I'm honestly surprised, it seemed like something you'd be interested in.

Feel free to kick more reviews my way though. Ones you are proud of for a change. =P

I'll have to wait until...wait, Cambridge? Seriously? That's awesome!

Even though I get several scholarships the cost will still be significant, compounding that is the fact that my brother would have to leave his relatively well paid job here for an uncertain one in the UK (Because I flat out refused going without him). So… yeah, it’s probably not happening but it still feels good to dream. And have professors tell you you’re Cambridge material is really good for the ego. =D

Yeah, even if you don't go, being Cambridge material is pretty cool!

Erm, anyway, I have to be in the right mood. I tend to swing between wanting to show off and feeling guilty for wanting to show off. Or showing people things and feeling narcissistic afterwards.

*swallows guilt*

Well, you already read my Kana one. That's one I'm kinda proud of. The first one I wrote that I actually liked was my third, for A Drug That Makes You Dream (one of my three candidates for "favorite game ever," alongside Tsukihime and Kanon).

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.135672-Neutral-Drow-reviews-A-Drug-That-Makes-You-Dream

Speaking of, my review of Kanon didn't come out quite as well as some others (I got a little verbose, and may have overdone it on the images), but I'm not ashamed of it at least.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.163769-Neutral-Drow-reviews-Kanon

Strangely, I think Little My Maid turned out better...even though it's one of the few games I've reviewed that I was ambivalent about.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.148564-Neutral-Drow-reviews-Little-My-Maid

And I haven't reviewed many things that aren't visual novels (or Type-Moon related), but of those, I think my Suguri review turned out best.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.272426-Off-Topic-Reviews-Suguri

I have more that I'm not ashamed of, but I think my courage boost is running out, so I'll practice some restraint. v_v
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: redrosemagic

redrosemagic
5 years ago#84
“"Okay, so you want the cheeseburger but without pickles, and you want apple slices, and you want nuggets but with sweet and sour sauce not barbecue sauce and GAAAAAHHHHHHH!"”

I can most definitely sympathize, like I mentioned I have 9 cousins, only 1 is older than me( She’s 18), the others range from 4 to 14. I’ve had my share of experience in taking care of children. And quite a bit of embarrassment when dealing with those questions.

Two quick questions: at what age did you find out what a "blowjob" is? And who told you?

I'm going to guess about 1% of people heard it when their parents sat down to discuss it in a rational, adult way. And the rest heard it on TV, or in a movie, or in a book, or heard it from a friend on the playground. And most children don’t ask these things to their parents, they ask it to somebody they trust and admire… in this case the cool older cousin (I’m considered cool just by the fact that I’m older) who’s watching over them for a few hours. And I never see them coming, It’s like you’re a boxer and your opponent jumped you a month before the fight while you were still going over strategies with your trainer.

You'll wake up thinking, "Dammit, I expected a ring and a referee." And that's when you realize that you're playing by his rules, and that match starts when he goddamn says so. You can get blindsided at any moment.

For example I was at my aunt’s house this Wednesday afternoon doing my homework and watching over her two girls (10 and 12) when a commercial came on. For a vibrator. In the middle of the day. The short story is that they're able to get away with it because they say "massager" instead of "vibrator." And they never show the product out of the box. They claim that the sexual message is "subtle."

Now, my point isn't that the ad should be censored. It's just that the ad's "subtlety" is what caused the youngest one (Her sister was reading in their room) to ask why a machine meant to massage would "blow a person's hair back." My first instinct as a responsible babysitter was to tell her that it was because it gave really good massages. But before I opened my mouth, my human side slapped me in the face and reminded me that if I told her that, her next question would be directed at her mother, and it would end with the words, "...for Christmas?"

I stared in frozen horror at the thought of what she was about to learn, and with a deep sigh, I said, "Go get your sister. I don't want her hearing a grapevine version of this later from you."

And just like that, I was explaining the dirty intricacies of sexual stimulation to two people who just found out the truth about Santa a few short years ago. Suddenly that sugary, educational, PG-rated talk of procreation "between a husband and wife" my aunt had with them gets amended into something much, much grittier and graphic. And that's the thing about these conversations. They are never straight forward; cookie-cutter speeches that you can stamp "DISCUSSED" on and file away. They can and will likely return with a vengeance when you least expect it.

I’m not sure if handled it right but my aunt was like “It had to be discussed sooner or later. So I’m not too mad at you.”

I don’t know how old you nephews and nieces are, but if it hasn’t happened something like that already, it might very well happen to you so prepare. Prepare now before it is too late!!! ^^

“Your project sounds great! Constructive and good for the environment. Good on you, your holiness. =)”

Ohh, thank you! =D You don’t need to call me your Holiness…only if you really want too. =P

“LOLed at this as well. You have quite a way with words, you know.”

Thank you so much! ^^ Praise from Ceaser is praise indeed. =)

redrosemagic
5 years ago#85
“I'll have to wait until...wait, Cambridge? Seriously? That's awesome! “

Yeah it is! But like I said, it’s too much of a gamble and unless I get even more scholarships it’s unlikely that I’ll be attending it. Feels nice to dream though.

“Erm, anyway, I have to be in the right mood. I tend to swing between wanting to show off and feeling guilty for wanting to show off. Or showing people things and feeling narcissistic afterwards.”

I know I don’t know you personally but in the limited interaction I’ve had with you I couldn’t detect a hint of arrogance or narcissism. The very fact that you feel guilty about it speaks volumes. Evil doesn’t worry about not being good. =)

“I have more that I'm not ashamed of, but I think my courage boost is running out, so I'll practice some restraint. v_v”

Ohh, don’t worry. And now comes the time were I apologize, I just don’t have the time to read them right now, I literally need to leave in 5 minutes. But I’ll be sure to read every one of them before I post again. Sorry!

redrosemagic
5 years ago#86
“And quite a bit of embarrassment when dealing with those questions.”

Oh fudge, “those” is supposed to be in italic. I thought I’d mention it due to the fact that a lot of my younger cousins seem to come to me with that type of questions and it’s a big part of my experience with kids(And I assume it’s also part of yours). I thought I’d explain it since now that I’m rereading the post it seems like I mention it out of nowhere. Sorry ^^

Darkling183
5 years ago#87
Two quick questions: at what age did you find out what a "blowjob" is? And who told you?

Hmm, I was probably in my mid to late teens. And, as you said, I think I probably learned the term from movies or television. It certainly wasn't from asking my parents, and I didn't have much extended family while I was growing up, since most of them live overseas.

I don’t know how old you nephews and nieces are, but if it hasn’t happened something like that already, it might very well happen to you so prepare.

Well, the oldest is almost ten, so yes, I'm sure those sorts of out-of-the-blue questions will start coming up more often. I liked your little boxing analogy. =)

They are never straight forward; cookie-cutter speeches that you can stamp "DISCUSSED" on and file away. They can and will likely return with a vengeance when you least expect it.

Well, yes, it's like opening Pandora's box just a crack and letting them look in, then closing the box and taking it away. There's a whole world of 'adult secrets' in there that they're curious about, and that curiosity will only keep growing over time, especially as puberty starts kicking in.

I think it's fine that they get honest and complete information from a responsible person, rather than fumbling their way into it through peer pressure and random experimentation. You can not only tell them things, but you can also encourage them to have a positive, healthy attitude to their sexuality.

User Info: _Kaz

_Kaz
5 years ago#88
Whatever happened to the old subtlety:

(giant robot has been reprogrammed to return everything she's stolen)
Mega-maid has gone from SUCK to BLOW!
(running gag where naive-foreigner literally breaks out in dance when he's happy)
Wait, where are you going? Momma said I can't do the Dance of Joy by myself or else I go blind.

And if you get the references, you either have good taste, or man, you're too old. 8^P
Fighter: "Mr Pibb", "Dr Pepper".. I'm onto you..
Kaz Fact: Welcome to Version 2.0!
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. First playthrough

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived