Error when game starts

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Error when game starts

User Info: MephistoXv

MephistoXv
5 years ago#1
I have the download version from J-List. It worked fine a few years ago when I got it.

Now on the same computer, when I launch it, my screen goes black and I believe it says "No input" or "Unable to display". I can hear the music though.

At that point nothing works. I can't Ctrl+Alt+Del or anything except hard power my computer to turn it off.

As it worked before, I'm not sure what is wrong. (the only difference is i did redownload the game since the V-Mate Pass is no longer used, I got the new version)
If Americans throw rice at weddings, do Asians throw hamburgers?

MephistoXv
5 years ago#2
After trying again (I did the codec fix on the troubleshooting page) it gives me Input Not Supported

I did get it where I can minimize it, and if i hover over it on the task bar I can see it. Just when I click it it goes to the Input Not Supported. I've used a bunch of different resolution and fresh rates with no luck.

I'm running Vista.

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
5 years ago#3
It sounds like KLS is trying to run full-screen (640x480), but your monitor doesn't like it for some reason.

Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Also, I know it's a dumb question, but did you install the game as an administrator?

MephistoXv
5 years ago#4
As far as I know I did. (I am able to minimize it when it is running now and when I hover over it on the bottom, I can see the image of it. Just when it goes to run. I can't see it.)

I do think it is in full screen, and since I can't see it. I can't get it off there. (Private Nurse also insists on full screen but that one works fine)

As far as I know my drivers are all up to date.(I will go check again though)

Darkling183
5 years ago#5
I did a bit of poking around and apparently the (non V-mate) download version of KLS can't run fullscreen in Vista.

What you need to do is right-click on the shortcut to KLS and select 'Properties'.

Look for the box that specifies the location of the EXE file. After the file address, add a space followed by -W

That will make the game run in windowed mode.

MephistoXv
5 years ago#6
I normally launch it by going directly to the Exe file in the file. (I don't have a short cut for it).

If I just create a shortcut base it on the exe and modify it like you said, that should do it?
(and I appreciate all the help)

MephistoXv
5 years ago#7
Just tried that and worked great! Thanks again for the help

Darkling183
5 years ago#8
Cool, I'm glad to hear that it worked. =)

User Info: Stealthlys

Stealthlys
5 years ago#9
Hey if you're have problems try this http://www.the-z-projects.com/kana/misc/troubleshooting.htm and google as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Error when game starts

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived