Random Discussion Topic v10.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
4 years ago#1
So I guess it's up to me to start the new random discussion topic. Here goes, then. =)

*sound of crickets*

Um... wassup?

(For everyone's edification, Ifrit has started four of these, Shoot has started three of them, and Zero, NeutralDrow and myself have started one each.)

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#2
I was tempted to start the next one, but couldn't think of anything to say. Seeing as I'm down one, I kinda wish I had.

So I fired up Katawa Shoujo again. Mostly because of Hanako. And Lilly. However, I'm kinda irritated because it seems I didn't think to keep a backup from the first time 'round. The perfectionist in me demands Rin/Shizune routes and all the minor dialogue choices being completed, but I just don't know if I can stomach that for a second time 'round. Except Misha's role in Shizune's path anyway. Emi will be fairly enjoyable, but I'm still basking in the glow of Hanako's. And my backlog still hasn't changed. /sigh If only it weren't so easy to default on old favorites.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#3
I had my completionist urge excised during Fate/Stay Night, along with chunks of my soul. I managed to get the good endings for everyone in Katawa Shoujo, and that's enough for me.

Especially since it would feel mean to go back and screw things up. >_>
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
4 years ago#4
NeutralDrow posted...
I had my completionist urge excised during Fate/Stay Night, along with chunks of my soul. I managed to get the good endings for everyone in Katawa Shoujo, and that's enough for me.

Especially since it would feel mean to go back and screw things up. >_>

Ever since I moved, I've lost track of my old laptop that had all my old VNs on it, including Fate/Stay Night. I can't bring myself to open up my imported copy and start over on this computer either; it's too pristine to open *drools*

And since as far as I know there's still not a complete English translation for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, that's also staying NRFB on my shelf...

While we're on the subject of the Nasuverse, how do you pronounce Tsukihime? I figured it's pronounced closer to 'Ski-he-may' than 'Sue-ki-he-may', as would be phonetic in English.
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#5
ifritsparda posted...
Ever since I moved, I've lost track of my old laptop that had all my old VNs on it, including Fate/Stay Night. I can't bring myself to open up my imported copy and start over on this computer either; it's too pristine to open *drools*

And since as far as I know there's still not a complete English translation for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, that's also staying NRFB on my shelf...

It's almost done, as far as I know.

While we're on the subject of the Nasuverse, how do you pronounce Tsukihime? I figured it's pronounced closer to 'Ski-he-may' than 'Sue-ki-he-may', as would be phonetic in English.

Either's fine, as long as you remember to pronounce the "t" ("Tsuki or tski") and don't outright enunciate the "u".

For my part, I pronounce it closer to "tski-he-may" to myself or friends familiar with Japanese phonetics, "tsooki-he-may" to others.

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#6
Okay, the pacing and everything in Hanako's path feels a lot more smoothly than Lilly's the second time 'round. Barring the random "I'll protect you" crap from Hisao in Hanako's path, anyway. That one moment really struck me as being weirdly placed and a little forced given the scenario at the time; a little too desperate to set up the last bit of conflict later on down the line. Other than that, I've no real issues with it. Meanwhile, Lilly's path doesn't seem to have held up as well, and is giving me strange vibes every here and there; things seem oddly timed and a little on the forced side. It also might just be my preference for Hanako's route, but Hanako in Lilly's path seems a little too ready to accept socializing with others much earlier on compared to the quivering, misanthropic mess of PTSD that was Hanako in her own path. I wonder if I had the same opinion before...can't remember, and can't be bothered to look through the old topics to find it.

Kinda curious to see what I'll think of Emi's this time 'round. Given that I'm feeling more critical of these now, I think it's for the best that I skip Rin completely. I may take a swing at Shizune's just for more Misha time. Still think they should've made her one of the leads.

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#7
I found Lily's route to have the weakest story arc in the first place, but I also found Lily herself so charismatic it didn't bother me at all. And since Hanako tends to wither under direct attention, it made sense to me that she makes faster progress in Lily's route. Hisao is less overtly interested in her (their connection was mostly mutual friendship with Lily) and there's no Misha-induced anxiety attack, so she doesn't really suffer any social setbacks. Actually, the fact that I did Lily's route first and saw that Hanako can do pretty well for herself colored some of my actions during her own route.

Not sure how they could have made Misha a lead, considering...

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
4 years ago#8
NeutralDrow posted...
Not sure how they could have made Misha a lead, considering...

Her sexual orientation?
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#9
I assumed that was a spoiler. And a fairly large one. But yes.

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#10
Hey, the girl's open to experimentation, or at least not completely against it. It would be beyond terrible taste, but they could even make that the big hurdle to overcome, as it were. Or just accept that she's a switch hitter and run with something else.

Hanako in the other routes bothers me because she goes against her concept with little "remedial work". This is a girl that actively prevented social interaction from occurring by heading people off at the pass and removing herself from the "game" before it could even take place. For years. To the point where others didn't bother trying to talk with her because they saw it as a pointless venture: "Ikezawa is Ikezawa". You don't change something like that after a few weeks, before any major relationship changes/upheavals, just because you have a second acquaintance who's treading into "friend" territory. If she was that open to forging new bonds, she'd have started becoming more open with others when she first became acquainted with Lilly. I'd actually believe she'd have opted to change sooner in her own route (and timeline-wise, she technically does, since Hanako's route apparently finishes before Lilly even returns from her trip, an event that is around the halfway mark in Lilly's own path), because nothing makes someone go the extra mile to change for the better and connect with another than developing feelings for them. And it certainly worked for motivating Hanako.

I'm willing to accept that she might've made the effort after Hisao and Lilly became an established couple because she wanted to give them space and not worry the one person who had been her social lifeline; we know from her own route that she hated being seen as weak and dependent (and finding out Hisao saw her as being such drove her to some pretty severe lengths to change that). But she was seemingly improving before any of that for no reason other than perhaps the writer worrying it'd be really weird to see her pull a complete 180 in going from skittish-to-the-extreme to "I found other friends, so don't worry so much about me" in world record time.

Crap like this is why Ryou doesn't have her own true route in Clannad =T
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived