Random Discussion Topic v10.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#11
I also just noticed that Hanako's hair is referred to as being both purple and black at different points in the story. How'd I miss that? I guess it changes color depending on how she feels about you.

Anyway, to cease with the criticism - the supporting cast is still the best that I've seen in any VN. Especially the nurse. There's a man after my own heart. Oh god, that's terrible given Hisao's condition. Almost as bad as that (initially unintentional) horrible quip I made way back about Hanako being the most "well-done" character. Leaving this in as penance for the sin that is my accidental pun.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#12
That's why I assumed she was already on the path of recovery to begin with (trauma recovery, at least; she's still not going to be very social). We know she's in therapy, and we know she's been friends with Lily and Akira for at least two years, but her contacts have still been limited to just them during that time. In those lights, I could buy that Hisao being a fresh influence drawing her out even further over the course of a few months (especially since it's been years since any actively negative feedback, Yamaku's clique exclusion aside) would help. And our main evidence that she's starting to do better for herself is watching her plan a trip with those other club girls (newspaper club? Something literary? I forget at this remove), which wasn't quite as big a step as it seems, since they're people who share her interests. I speak from experience in that.

Really, the one thing I found separating Hanako's development in her own route versus Lily's (other than being shorter), is that her own route has active setbacks. Not just the negative things, like dealing with Hisao's patronizing or the anxiety attack (which would certainly knock me out for a few days even today, and probably even longer when I was Hanako's age), but the fact that she's opening up a lot more. She doesn't expose her scars and soul to anyone in Lily's route (not even Lily herself, who didn't even know the circumstances of Hanako's parents' deaths) to nearly the extent she does to Hisao in her own route. I didn't feel like she was really making more progress in Lily's route so much as different progress (which like I said, colored my actions in her own route somewhat, and made me frustrated that Hisao wasn't taking off the kid gloves).

Sorry, I know critique was aside, but consider it punishment for the puns. ^_^
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
4 years ago#13
NeutralDrow posted...
Sorry, I know critique was aside, but consider it punishment for the puns. ^_^

So, it's a justified example of punishment, then? ;-)
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
4 years ago#14
Shoot the Works posted...
I also just noticed that Hanako's hair is referred to as being both purple and black at different points in the story. How'd I miss that? I guess it changes color depending on how she feels about you.

I think that when she forgets to wash heir hair and the grease sticks to it, the shininess makes it look purple when it is normally black. Makes perfect sense.

And last topic reached 500 without me noticing. darn.

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#15
I hate you all :<

I actually lost interest in Lilly's route around 3/4 of the way there. I'm kinda surprised. Going through Emi's again, and enjoying the first bit, though I expect I'll probably abandon ship soon since I know how it goes and strangling Hisao isn't an option. Contemplating going through Hanako's again just because I like her and her route so damn much. And Hisao is probably the least offensive in it from what I remember, barring the one line that drives Hanako nuts. Would it have killed him to simply say "I'm here for you"? Same general intent as the "I'll protect you" crap without the inherent patronization.

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#16
Okay, I was worried getting on Miharu's route in Da Capo would be difficult, but apparently it's just one choice, the one I noticed while desperately trying to fix Nemu's ending. Or rather, that's what I thought, but apparently it takes one other choice, that my curiosity led me away from. I'm guessing, since I haven't seen her for a while, and another girl has shown up. A girl who's a, uh...well...

A cat-eared maid.

I say, like I'm actually surprised. DAMN THE ARTBOOK FOR SPOILING THAT!

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#17
Yep, no Miharu for you. Almost a pity, as I prefer her route of the two extras.

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#18
Oh wow. Just a heads up, you lot should go through Kara no Shoujo if you haven't yet. Yeah, it's been like... a year since I first dove into it, and just now got around to getting the true ending - the story is by far one of the most elaborately woven pieces of realistic fiction I've had the pleasure of reading. That one's going to be on my mind for a while. Also, that soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ogxj7nVeVk

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
4 years ago#19
It's a good albeit very depressing game.

Too bad i will never get to play the sequel or even that prequel with Shugo so soon, if ever.

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#20
Why won't you be able to play Kara no Shoujo 2? Does Mangagamer take that long to release things?
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived