Random Discussion Topic v10.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

User Info: virumor

virumor
3 years ago#241
^From what I've read elsewhere, it seems the English version of the game was kind of butchered. I.e. Japanese version may have longer routes and/or decent epilogues.

This might be interesting for those planning to spend time in Japan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_zE2YWxZCA

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
3 years ago#242
I think the Japanese version is supposed to have whole other routes, if the CGs I half-remember seeing mean anything. I think I remember a younger Yuka and Miyu in a red dress. And alive.

In other words, DAMN THOSE BUTCHERS.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I think you're right.

Wikipedia
A 'Full Voice Version' of the game was released in Japan on July 25, 2003, including full voice acting (apart from the protagonist) and extended scenarios for each character. The voice assets from this version of the game, but not the extended scenarios, were utilized by G-Collections in their English translation of the game, which was released on October 20, 2003

Oh well, DAMN THEM NONETHELESS.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Don't worry. The worst that can happen is we all die."

virumor
3 years ago#243
Finished Edelweiss... two decent routes (out of five) but overall nothing special. I do like the music in Overdrive games a lot though.

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
3 years ago#244
The extra scenes in Crescendo seem to be 'what if' scenarios. Though some of them seem quite grounded (Ayame looking after Ryo after he presumably gets injured at his job; Kaori looking at coffee mugs with Ryo), others (eg Miyu's) obviously couldn't follow on from the storyline in the game. I guess the best description for them would be 'bonus content'.

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
3 years ago#245
Ending the game with a "The Truth is not yet revealed!"

Seriously? I also have a hard time believing the fetus killing Enomoto.. I don't even know if this is fact or the most accepted theory. Having to read theories and timelines and stuff outside the game because it is incomplete is frustrating.

I also don't even feel like getting the few last TIPs and bad endings. Can't really say I didn't enjoy it though.

virumor
3 years ago#246
Going through Crescendo again, I've found a lot more appreciation for Kaori's route.

And being more familiar with Japanese culture now, I also find it less absurd that she's still a virgin at age 25-30.

virumor
3 years ago#247
Article about schoolgirl skirt length: http://www.letsjapan.markmode.com/index.php/2009/03/23/teachers-promote-proper-schoolgirl-skirt-length-poster/

Sometimes they really are quite short.

In Europe I've never seen a girl school uniform with skirt that didn't go below the knees.

NeutralDrow
3 years ago#248
I've owned the Kanon OST for almost three years. I can't believe I never noticed before now that it has a hidden track. Maybe because I never feel the motivation to listen to the short version of the ending theme, and only hear it when I used the CD as a sleeping soundtrack. Then I glance and notice that a two-minute song has a seven-minute runtime on my mp3 player...

Trying to get back into Grisaia. Decided against my instinct to stop in the middle of Amane's route and switch to someone else; combination of sunken cost (I'll never be able to pick the mood up where I left off) and time letting myself recover from Amane's unexpectedly disturbing thought processes.

And yet, I'm uneasy. She and Yuuji have too good a relationship. They're playful, sexually-open, genuinely devoted to each other, and are talking about the future. It's like Kotori's ending all over again...except I can't be more than a third of the way through the route. I know things are gonna go straight to hell somehow, and I'm not looking forward to how.

Distracting myself with Dungeons of Dredmor and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night in the meantime.

virumor posted...
Article about schoolgirl skirt length: http://www.letsjapan.markmode.com/index.php/2009/03/23/teachers-promote-proper-schoolgirl-skirt-length-poster/

Sometimes they really are quite short.

In Europe I've never seen a girl school uniform with skirt that didn't go below the knees.

On the one hand, the impulse to suggest rather than command speaks well, that they're not going to force a specific style of dress onto girls.

On the other hand, my feminist impulse is shouting, "UP YOURS, you narcs!" In a way, it would almost be preferable if they explicitly altered the dress code, since at least they would have the excuse of it being a school uniform, rather than trying to indirectly enforce a societal standard of "dignity" at the expense of personal comfort and freedom, and the community complaints they mention just feel like it's their own damn problems, not the schoolgirls'.

Granted, I know that's also my individualist cultural upbringing talking, as well, but it's hitting too close to US "modesty culture" for my comfort, and controlling women's dress tends to feed into a host of other problems.

NeutralDrow
3 years ago#249
We interrupt this long stretch of no one talking to bring a special announcement.

http://winter-confetti.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/air-standard-edition-2005-english-patch.html

AIR IS TRANSLATED NOW! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!

virumor
3 years ago#250
I heard good things about Grisaia, I'll check it out at one point.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived