Random Discussion Topic v10.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
3 years ago#251
Air is pretty good so far, though it's a trip trying to get used to main protagonist Yukito. It's been a while since I've played a game with a protagonist like him, and I'm having trouble figuring out how sympathetic I find him.

virumor posted...
I heard good things about Grisaia, I'll check it out at one point.

It's pretty fun, and Amane Suou has the most magnificent chest of any VN character ever, though I've only finished the common route. Also a lot raunchier than I was expecting, but occasionally the humor avoids the sex and just descends to the absurd.

http://imgur.com/pvDdbLz

I refuse to put this in context.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Don't worry. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
3 years ago#252
*bump*

NeutralDrow
3 years ago#253
Man, I haven't been able to get farther in Air because Dark Souls II is taking up too much of my time.

That said...pretty great game. I like it far more than the original.

NeutralDrow
3 years ago#254
Okay, finally finished Dark Souls 2. Overall, much better than the first one.

Also played Transistor. Damn nice game. I don't think I like it more than Bastion, but Bastion just had great art direction and gameplay that could overshadow my complaints regarding the story presentation. With Transistor, I have no complaints at all.

In other words, I can finally, finally, FINALLY get back to Air. I think last I checked, I was listening to Yukito and Hijiri talk about how they have to save Lina and Gourry from Hellmaster.

Oh, wait, I'm thinking of the other time I heard Yumi Touma and Hikari Midorikawa acting together.

User Info: FFTHEWINNER

FFTHEWINNER
3 years ago#255
Hi guys! sorry for not posting lately lol. was quite busy. anyway,we just did a Top 10 about sad VNs. please check it out and tell me what you guys think. i am quite interested :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2700.html
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
(message deleted)

FFTHEWINNER
3 years ago#257
^so,what do you think? ;)
btw,kana is in number 1 ;)

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
3 years ago#258
This board sure doesn't waste time closing down inactive threads. I've certainly not forgotten about this place.

I played through all the story lines in Crescendo this week. It was very much enjoyable. I can't get the music out of my head, actually. In general I find games with good sound/music to be the most memorable, and these here certainly qualify. I went into it knowing there were more diverse but shorter storylines and that's just what the game delivered.
I don't feel like directly comparing it to KLS, but the longer storyline keeps you more attached to a character then it was the case in this game. In the end I found the amount of content in Crescendo not to be lacking. It seemed like every character had a reasonable depth and reasons for their actions and the end of highschool setting hit me pretty good as well since I'm at that stage in life right now.

The voice acting was a little weird in the beginning, the voices seem very unreal to me. Do japanese people talking really sound like this? While I didn't understand anything, the tone of their voices added something to it and helped differentiate between the characters.

Sometimes I wonder if 15 years from now I'll look through my old drives and think what a naive teenager I was for liking games like these.
I already knew about the movie easter egg from the Kana Fanfic Flash website, but I found myself able to identify with the main character here and in a couple other regards.

NeutralDrow, you mentioned that one story line in particular was terribly anticlimactic. Mind sharing which one you were referring to? I'm curious now that I'm reading about it.

Well. I only started this after I felt I had left KLS far enough behind me, but I'm thinking of starting Katawa Shoujo this weekend. A Drug That Makes You Dream and Ever17 are also on my to-play list and maybe Kanon. I heard there is an anime based on it. Have you heard of it? Any good?

I only recognized Kanon when I saw that one guy talking about it because I saw it on your list, FFTHEWINNER. I don't have much experience to comment on it otherwise, but I can understand KLS being number one. Looks like I hit the jackpot by randomly trying this game out :-)

FFTHEWINNER
3 years ago#259
^the Kanon anime(s,there were two)are good,but,just like any VN-Anime,the VN is much better and deeper.

Also,glad that my list helped you! What did you think about the list btw?any Comments/Questions? :)

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
3 years ago#260
You stated the list was partly to educate more people about this genre, but I don't know if anyone not interested would look at it in the first place. This is somewhat evident by that one comment in the lists discussion thread from that one guy who just classifies them as hentai games. Well, maybe constant exposure and the internet do desensitise you in a way that makes you disregard the sex as central element. Not saying it's not important in the games, but not really needed for the storytelling.

The only question I can direct at the choice of games is, why no Katawa Shoujo? I heard many good things about that game, doest it not quite fit the theme?
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived