Random Discussion Topic v10.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
3 years ago#281
High-five, my brother. Did the same thing. Imported it last year or the year before, took it off the shelf a few days ago, blew off the dust like a cartoon sage, and installed...with a little help from my friends.

http://i.imgur.com/jBLXrgk.jpg

Having the three Fate heroines to assist you with the installation of FHA is a nice touch. BTW, is that Sakura from FHA? I do recognize that design from Battle Moon Wars, but I highly doubt that's the basis for the figurine.

Oh no, I'm more than happy for the new patch. If I'm reading that right, they not only added the original content back in as an option, they updated that content with the new graphics themselves. That's just awesome.

I think it was in the liner notes, but they also added the voice work from the non-H scenes into the H-scenes when they could, if only to have voice work where there originally would be none. The amount of detail and care that went into this project is very impressive. You can really tell they wanted to craft the definitive Fate/Stay Night experience.

Hmm...can't tell if the soundtrack listing has Mighty Wind or Sorrow. Those'd be sure giveaways. The Vita version is just remixes of the previous tracks (original and RN), but RN almost doubled the size of the soundtrack.

Unfortunately, I'm not nearly that far yet to have those tracks added to my list. I'm letting other distractions distract me from distraction that is F/SN, so I'm only past the prologue, and I mostly skipped through that since I've read it plenty of times before.

A video on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9NSQIV15uI) has 'Mighty Wind' listed as a track from the PS Vita version, so chances are decent it features the expanded RN track list. I'll post additional screen shots of the track listing if I get around to unlocking more songs for the menu.

...oh, right, I still have to finish Air. And Grisaia no Kajitsu. And Snow Sakura, Family Project, The Sagara Family, Go Go Nippon, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Planetarian, Narcissu, Eroge...okay, maybe not Eroge.

That's quite the list. I remember when I had a huge backlog of VNs to complete, but that was a computer or two ago, and other interests have largely supplemented my previous hunger for VNs. Right now, I'm obviously geeking over the latest FSN patch, and am playing through if not 100% enjoying the 'My Girlfriend is the President Fan Disk'. Aside from that, I'm also looking forward to eventually getting Hanachirasu - I heard it's ultimately boring, but the concept and setting intrigues me.

As for your backlog:

Air - Never played it

Grisaia no Kajitsu - Never heard of it

Snow Sakura - A personal favorite. I'm a sucker for slice-of-life romantic harem comedies, so this one's a no brainer for me. Rei is #1 (Search and destroy! Search and destroy!)

Family Project - I've written my distaste for this one before, so without such venomous words this time, I'll simply say I don't like it. It's supposedly the most popular VN of all time though, so different strokes for different folks, I guess. Maybe it's better in its original Japanese or something...

The Sagara Family - I like this VN. It was one of my firsts, and although it is basically a Nikuge, it does at least try to have a bit more substance. The art's also nice, which is pretty much common with ZyX games.

Go Go Nippon - Never heard of it

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Never played it

Planetarian - Never heard of it

Narcissu - Never played it

Eroge - Never heard of it (I think). What's wrong with it, if you don't mind me asking?
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

ifritsparda
3 years ago#282
Why am I just now finding out about these images:

http://seventhstyle.com/2014/02/07/tsukihime-visual-novel-remake-artwork/

Arc looks younger for sure. The new outfits are cool as well. Husui and Kohaku pretty much look the same, if more detailed.

ARRRGGH, I need remake nao!

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
3 years ago#283
Having the three Fate heroines to assist you with the installation of FHA is a nice touch. BTW, is that Sakura from FHA? I do recognize that design from Battle Moon Wars, but I highly doubt that's the basis for the figurine.

Yep. She was the version I found at Comic Con a couple years back. I have the chance to buy another of her this year in a yukata...but I'm generally reluctant to buy duplicates (it's the character I'm interested, not necessarily the figure itself), and it's $85. >_>
That's quite the list. I remember when I had a huge backlog of VNs to complete, but that was a computer or two ago, and other interests have largely supplemented my previous hunger for VNs.

For me, my hunger has remained the same, but now all my interests are competing for a lower amount of time available...in fact, that's actually not even my backlog. That's just the list of games I've already started and haven't completed. I still have things I bought in 2009 that are still unopened...and I just added to that list by buying Steins;Gate.

As for those games...Air is a Key game I've been looking forward to for a long time (I'm only a few hours in, trying to figure out what I think of the protagonist, but otherwise enjoying it). Grisaia is something I picked up through accidental peer pressure, and it's pretty good so far (and has a rather raunchy sense of humor, that I love).

I'm only 2/3 of the way through a single Snow Sakura route (Misaki's), and yes, I'm loving the comedy. I think we've argued about Family Project before, so I'll just say I'm through 1.5 routes (finished Masumi's and halfway through Aoba's) and still enjoying it...I stopped playing for painfully ironic reasons unrelated to quality.

I'm through a few stories in The Sagara Family, overall enjoying it, except for any part involving Arisa. Go Go Nippon is a VN/Japan travelogue, that I bought because I miss the country.

I'm barely into Higurashi, but I'm enjoying it, and I like Rena a lot. You haven't heard of Planetarian??? It's a Key kinetic novel, and supposed to be really good. Narcissu is supposed to be the same, except not Key. With those two, it's not that I've started and haven't finished, but that I've got them on my computer, and never felt emotionally ready to actually play them.

Eroge is...I dunno. I can't remember what my reasoning was for getting it (I have a suspicion, and if I'm right, it was a horrible reason), and it has the potential to get super uncomfortable super fast. Also, it reminds me of Bakuman in a way, which isn't a good thing.

Why am I just now finding out about these images:

I don't think I'd seen Akiha before. Nice to see she's unchanged.

I dunno, while I do like the designs overall...I really miss Arcueid's old ensemble. Not a fan of the high-school-age look. Luckily, Ciel more than makes up for that.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Don't worry. The worst that can happen is we all die."

ifritsparda
3 years ago#284
So.... ready for more news?

Ufotable animated adaptions of UBW and HF confirmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spseKv7jtmY - UBW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X7JEFF9mvs - HF

User Info: virumor

virumor
3 years ago#285
http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/tokyo-police-take-13-underage-girls-into-custody-for-jk-walking/comments/popular/id/3883622

Bit old, but a sign of the times. Economy that has been declining for more than twenty years, all the while materialism is on an all time high -- and teenage girls realize they can take advantage of perverts, being ogled/groped on subway/train daily.

High school prostitution is more extreme, but not exactly unheard of either.

ifritsparda
3 years ago#286
Here's your new assignment:

Go do something epic today, and having this blazing full volume in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4E83RKavUU
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived