Random Discussion Topic v10.0

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

User Info: Shoot the Works

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#41
As someone who has one of those ergh laptops, it's not so bad once you get used to it. You just have to...get used to it. I miss my start button T_T

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
4 years ago#42
Darkling183 posted...
Ergh, if you get a new laptop it'll come with Windows 8. I hope you can find a way around that!

I'm actually prepared to threaten a sales associate with bodily harm if they try to offer me anything with Windows 8 on it. The family computer uses Windows 8 and it is a nightmare. I could always shop around the interwebz for a Windows 7 laptop instead, and it'd be cheaper too. Hell, I could even try to find the same model of Asus I have now and work from there.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-U52F-BBG6-Refurbished-Notebook-PC/dp/B004VD2RJ4

If I don't mind going refurbished, it's available.

Also, I have a question for the more technologically knowledgeable of us: A bit of research revealed that taking a hard drive from an old computer and installing it into a brand new computer is, if even possible, a difficult endeavor, due to the drivers and other elements. However, if I were to take another of the exact same model and plug in the old hard drive would there be less complications, or are we still looking at a FUBAR situation?
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
4 years ago#43
Well, you could probably still find OEM copies of Windows 7 at a computer store. The store where I bought my most recent PC still sells it. Then it would just be a matter of installing the correct drivers for your new laptop's video card, sound, ethernet, etc. Those should come on a CD with the new laptop, or at least be downloadable from the company's website.

Trying to put an old hard drive in another laptop of the same model sounds iffy to me. There might have been slight upgrades to the hardware or drivers since then, so god knows what might happen. Besides, Windows 7 is much better than Vista (or so I've heard, having avoided Vista like the plague like so many others). Come join us. We all float down here.

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#44
And when you're down here, you'll float too.

Or something. I forget the exact line and don't have the book on hand to check.

ifritsparda
4 years ago#45
Shoot the Works posted...
And when you're down here, you'll float too.

Or something. I forget the exact line and don't have the book on hand to check.
]

It?

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
4 years ago#46
Wow, I thought that reference would go over everyone's heads.

I do have the book on hand, so here's the exact quote:

"They float," it growled, "they float, Georgie, and when you're down here with me, you'll float too--"

And later:

"Everything down here floats," that chuckling, rotten voice whispered.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
4 years ago#47
Only reason I know that reference is through the Nostalgia Critic review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFcC5xi2W1o

Ouch. Does Windows 8 allow for any kind of virtual machine setup? I'm trying to get my 7 laptop to run either XP or Vista so I can play the Ai Yori Aoshi VN, but it's slow going.

Also, skydiving sounds fun.

Also, finished The Swapper. Kind of fun.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Come now. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
4 years ago#48
What happened to Potemkin.

Shoot the Works
4 years ago#49
The same thing that happened to Ky.

ifritsparda
4 years ago#50
I received an email today saying I got denied NeoGAF membership. Wasn't very serious when I made the account in the first place, but considering I did have a legitimate business email I figured I had a shot.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic v10.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived