Definitely worthwhile ... (Spoliers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Definitely worthwhile ... (Spoliers)

User Info: Idaeus_004

Idaeus_004
4 years ago#1
Got this because I was sick of the usual 'f***-fest' games (I'm looking at YOU Zyx!) & Wanted something with a real story too it.

... Was not, however, expecting I'd find it as emotionally powerful as I have & am not ashamed to admit that more than once I sobbed like a little child.

Was so happy when I got the 'Best' ending (The First Farewell), after having got endings 2, 3, & 4 beforehand; to actually have an ending where she lives & is happy. If I'd had to go through her death another time, I think it would've destroyed me, tbh ...

(In case anyone cares, I think the reason Kana survives in ending 1 is that unlike 2 or 3, you keep Yuta away from her, who probably confuses her, & stay away from Yumi as much as possible, as well as Kana not being unfortunate enough to walk in on Taka & Yumi; all which means Kana becomes more hopeful of being with Taka (no one pestering her, & less competition from Yumi), so she has a stronger desire to keep living so she can be with him; which lets her survive the transplant & pull through (Seriously, one of the biggest factors in major surgery can actually be the patients own will to live). Also, I'd like to think that at the end they don't break up, but she leaves home so that they no longer have to be siblings under the same roof, even if they aren't actually related; but can be true 'lovers' instead. Wouldn't make sense otherwise as to why they finally get together only to separate soon after.

... That's my two-cents anyway for what it's worth)

So, yeah. Loved this, hugely emotionally powerful, & would strongly recommend it to anyone interested in the game for it's story rather than sex scenes (they are well-done, just not the 'focal' part of it all).

Peace :)

Idaeus_004
4 years ago#2
Btw, if anyone knows the path to get the 5th ending, could they let me know? Finally gave in to following the walkthrough featured here, but that just gave the ending 6 route for both 5 & 6 for some reason ... Would like to get KLS fully completed ...

think it definitely deserves it ...

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
4 years ago#3
Welcome to KLS fandom, Idaeus - you'll find a lot of kindred spirits here. =)

In Davzz's walkthrough, the difference between Endings 5 and 6 is whether or not you choose to give Yumi the button from your uniform. (I'm pretty sure that the difference between Endings 5 and 6 is how many 'pro-Yumi' choices you make, in general.)

I agree about Ending 1 requiring you to keep Yuta away from Kana and turn down Yumi at every juncture, but there's another aspect, too - you can't make Kana overly smart. You have to give her age-appropriate things (comic books, toys, etc) so she doesn't start thinking too much about her own mortality.

Idaeus_004 posted...
Also, I'd like to think that at the end they don't break up, but she leaves home so that they no longer have to be siblings under the same roof, even if they aren't actually related; but can be true 'lovers' instead. Wouldn't make sense otherwise as to why they finally get together only to separate soon after.
Well, after you've finished Endings 5 and 6, you might like to check out this website for a fan-made continuation of the story. =)

http://www.the-z-projects.com/kana/

Idaeus_004
4 years ago#4
Lol, already been reading 'em ^_^ (I'm 'Yggdrasill' lol. Made my GameFAQs account ages ago, don't go by this tag anywhere else anymore. Derp :p )

I do find it interesting that throughout the game one key pjnt that seems to get missed is that ultimately accepting death results in death (to put it at its simplest), & although in the intellectual endings Taka definitely handles Kanas passing (whenever I think about that I still immediately start tearing up btw. Doing it now, haha); it has ultimately been that they accept her death; & she dies.

Whereas; when you get her to fight for life, & love; there's a chance, at least, for her to live & survive; even if in the 2 & 3 endings when she does die, her death has a much more devastating effect. There's still the point that If you accept death, you will die; but striving to live, can at least give you a chance to keep going.

Considering that these were divided into the intellectual & energetic (or 'heart') endings; I definitely take it as a good point that, ultimately, you have a better chance at living happily if you follow your heart over your head :)

... At the end of the day I guess it all goes back to the old saying that love conquers everything eh? lol

Darkling183
4 years ago#5
Yeah, making Kana more well-read leads to her being more philosophical about life and accepting that she has to make the most of what time she has, whereas keeping her vital and young at heart reinforces her will to live (but may also inadvertently contribute to her wanting to experience life for herself in Ending 1).

Taka seems to cope a bit better with Kana's passing in the intellectual endings, as if some of her acceptance has rubbed off on him. Compare that to Ending 3, where he's so desperately bound to his hopes regarding the transplant that his mind falls apart when Kana dies.

But in every ending, Taka ends up 'losing' Kana. Perhaps that's something that the game is trying to convey. You can love someone, but you can't hold onto them forever, no matter what you do.

Idaeus_004
4 years ago#6
Yeah I get what you mean; but I would definitely say that no matter what, they would without a doubt end up together again. After all, I stand by my saying that there's no way that they would be happy with anyone else besides each other.

I think it's most likely that she just feels a need to go out & live for herself for a while, for her to become her own person, so to speak. After which I think it's a pretty solid bet that they'd end up back together; she just wants to live a bit for herself first; so she doesn't just become Taka's shadow.

But yeah, their feelings for each other definitely mean that they'd wind up together after Kana feels a bit more comfortable as an individual. It's the only outcome that the two of them would ever really want...

Darkling183
4 years ago#7
Idaeus_004 posted...
After all, I stand by my saying that there's no way that they would be happy with anyone else besides each other.
I agree up to a certain point. Over the years when Taka was a self-imposed outcast from romantic relationships, a deep and enduring bond developed between him and Kana. They'd be happiest if they were together.

But I don't think that means that they'd be incapable of finding happiness in other relationships. (After all, in a couple of the endings, the game strongly hints that he's going to get back together with Yumi.) There just wouldn't be that same history and profound understanding of each other that Taka and Kana share.

Idaeus_004
4 years ago#8
Haha, think I overemphasized what I was trying to say there, my bad.

What I meant was that they COULD be happy with other people, but I doubt they would ever be AS happy as they would for each other. In their hearts they would always yearn for each other (Chapter one of your first fanfic story put it quite well I think when Kana talks about the other relationships she's tried; saying that it was never 'the same', that she could never find as strong a feelings for them as she did Taka).

Also, in the endings where it hints that Taka may end up with Yumi following Kanas passing away; I always have to note that this is a version where Taka & Kana haven't been together as lovers for at least a few years like in the true ending; so it'd be a lot easier for Taka to move on to someone else. But after being truly together for a while following Kanas recovery, I think they'd have a lot of trouble finding a relationship with anyone else that measured up to what they had with each other.

Maybe I'm just hung up on what I really want to happen, I dunno; but the two of them ending up together in the end is definitely the way I see it ultimately turning out :)

Darkling183
4 years ago#9
Hmm, you make a good point. Moving on from "Kana died and I'm unhappy" to try to find a new relationship would be a lot easier than moving on from "Kana moved out after we were lovers for a year, and I could still get her back maybe/somehow/hopefully".

After having had the freedom (if you can call having to sneak around behind their parents' backs 'freedom') to explore and express their feelings for each other both physically and emotionally, it would be that much harder for them to pull back. (That also made it that much more of a kick in the guts to me when I first got Ending 1. They had it all. Just like Bogie and Bacall.)

Idaeus_004
4 years ago#10
Haha, yeah exactly :)

Ah well, I'm currently planning out my own fanfic idea for it now anyway, got ideas for the first half a dozen chapters, & looking forward to properly writing it up once it's planned... Finding it's helping me deal with the turmoil I got from the endings better for one thing, lol. And since my university work covers game design, It should be easy enough able to make it into a flash once it's written like how you & zero did :3

Now, don't get me wrong, you did an awesome job with your story (though I will admit I almost wanted to kill you when Taka lashes out & tells Kana to leave & that he doesn't love her, as well as when it looks like she's leaving again. Though you made up for it when it was pointed out that she wanted him with her. That part had me dancing around the room, lol). I just felt like doing my own story ^_^

May have to include a bit of 'closure' for Yumi tho'. Although I didn't like her too much, (I wholly agree that she basically date-rapes Taka, after which he feels obligated to go out with her) but feel that she gets hurt so much by him, however unintentionally; that she deserves some sort of ... I dunno, apology? or something along those lines.

Weird how I've never felt like writing a fanfic before, now matter how much other stuff I've written... Guess it shows how powerful Kana LS actually is (Especially something making me willing to use Flash again, I normally avoid it at all costs, lol)

... anyway, rambling done, back to planning chapter 07 ...
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Definitely worthwhile ... (Spoliers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived