Random Discussion Topic - Redux

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#21
Merry Christmas to all!

You like Hollow Ataraxia so far?

I wound up getting distracted by FTL and some of the games I bought during the sale. And couldn't work up the motivation otherwise...keep hearing good things, though.

Glad I have ef in my playing list. I'd say something about moving it up the list, but I haven't been able to follow any kind of schedule on that thing ever.

No post editing here? After ranting a bit longer than expected, I forgot about JAST mentioning they were planning on releasing their Kana remake early 2015, and there is probably going to be a physical edition too.

Hmm...it's not like that one on the Xbox with the bad art, right? I admit, I found Kengo Yonekura's art the weakest aspect of the game, but I still liked it better than Kana: Okaeri...
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Don't worry. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
2 years ago#22
NeutralDrow posted...
Hmm...it's not like that one on the Xbox with the bad art, right? I admit, I found Kengo Yonekura's art the weakest aspect of the game, but I still liked it better than Kana: Okaeri...

I thought for a moment that it might be the PSP version from a few years ago that kept the original art, but it seems it is a translation of Kana Okaeri.

https://twitter.com/jlist/status/485106086270476288

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#23
Okay, so I've finally, finally, finally started back into Air, after an eight-month break apparently. And it's the first thing I've played in a while that inspires actual enthusiasm, which I also find kind of worrying.

Still trying to wrap my head around the protagonist, but at least he's softening up. Actually, both Yukito and Misuzu (who I'm assuming is the Ayu of the game) kinda waver back and forth, and my only conclusion so far is that Misuzu is despite her habits a lot more mature than I'd given her credit, and that Yukito despite his attitude is a whole lot less. And even though I've only seen her in one scene so far, I'm sorely curious about Minagi.

Michiru can f*** off, though. I wonder if she gets gutpunched in the anime, too, because that was oddly satisfying.

Darkling183 posted...
I thought for a moment that it might be the PSP version from a few years ago that kept the original art, but it seems it is a translation of Kana Okaeri.

https://twitter.com/jlist/status/485106086270476288

http://i.imgur.com/LZyq3It.png

"...being introduced to a new one at this late stage is like coming home from school to find a walrus sitting at the family dinner table and you're the only one who seems to notice."

Is about my reaction to that artwork. I wonder what she looks like as an adult in that style.

Darkling183
2 years ago#24
There are more screenshots here. Everyone has the same face. O.o

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/924554-kana-okaeri/images

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
2 years ago#25
Wow. Everyone has the same babyface. Comparing it with the pictures from here, I now see that this game didn't exactly have the best art in the world either, but I'd still prefer it over a round-faced everybody.
Guess I won't get it after all, then.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#26
I...guess that answers my question. She doesn't look like an adult as an adult.

I'm not above buying games I love twice, but I'll have to think about that. I get the feeling every time I looked at it, this would flash through my mind.

http://i.imgur.com/BRu2QoU.jpg

User Info: ifritsparda

ifritsparda
2 years ago#27
So we finally archived a Random Discussion Topic without reaching 500 posts, huh? Man, where have we all gone?

Anyway, I was randomly checking my rarely used email address, and I found out that an official English translation of 'Kana... Okaeri!!' is coming out soon. I don't really like the redone art, but I'm tempted to get it all the same for the additional features.

Edit: And I see, obviously, Okaeri was already a point of discussion. That's what I get for not bothering to read the rest of the thread :P
Neko wa ii desu - Tohno Shiki

Darkling183
2 years ago#28
Well, Kana Okaeri has gone golden master and should be released soon. For some reason, it's being bundled with Sensei 2, another D.O. game, which G-Collections translated in 2001 (a year before KLS). Maybe it's to add to the perceived 'value' of the package, though the two games seemingly couldn't be more different in tone - Sensei 2 is a dark, sadistic game more in line with Hitomi My Stepsister than KLS.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to bundle it with the original KLS or something? Or maybe JAST is hoping that people might buy KLS out of curiosity after playing Okaeri.

Okaeri has its own board here on GameFAQs, so it'll be interesting to see if there's any activity there after the game is released. =)

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#29
For some reason, it's being bundled with Sensei 2,

It is physically impossible for my conscious mind to contain both of those games in the same thought, so instead my mental processes default to a capybara hugging a cat.

http://i.imgur.com/vqpYmva.jpg
So we finally archived a Random Discussion Topic without reaching 500 posts, huh? Man, where have we all gone?

Young girls have picked us? ...wait, wrong song.

There's probably not as many of us now, nor as much to talk about, but I'll keep this thing going until I'm spotted. At the very least, it will be here and open for anyone to return to.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#30
Finished Skyward Sword.

...oh, right, I was playing Skyward Sword. I was pretty much of the opinion that, while I was enjoying it quite a bit, it wasn't really one of my favorite Zelda games. That opinion lasted up to when you complete the song of the Hero, whereupon all the way up through the epilogue my good feeling towards the game rocketed skyward. I honestly didn't think they could improve on Twilight Princess' finale, but they managed it.

Now, hopefully to complete a different air-themed game.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived