Random Discussion Topic - Redux

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

User Info: SidVanHalen

SidVanHalen
2 years ago#31
I am so looking forward to the english release of Kana~Okaeri. So happy for the release in English.

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
2 years ago#32
According to their websites the release was today. Still only says something about preorder tho, and the physical release (which I'm the most interested in) seems to be bundled with some other game, albeit for the same price.

User Info: virumor

virumor
2 years ago#33
Finished DearDrops: liked it, but not as much as Kira Kira (music was better though). It's probably the only VN where the main character is a spectacled nerd.

Replayed Crescendo: I again wish there was an afterstory where Ryo kicks the asses of those Yuka abusers. Though overall I think Yuka's other ending is much better --- at least it has a decent epilogue.

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#34
That was the one thing that kept me from declaring Yuka's route the best in the game. I just couldn't get over the fact that that incident is never, ever mentioned again. I didn't even need catharsis (though we'd already seen that Ryo's tough enough to give better than he gets in an unprovoked fight against three guys), just acknowledgement. Didn't help that all the endings came up too fast.

...if the other ending you're talking about it what I think it is, I can't agree, though. However much the Good Ending bugged me, at least it didn't leave her in despair. And both endings left the same amount of smug jerks behind.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Don't worry. The worst that can happen is we all die."

virumor
2 years ago#35
In the other ending there is at least a hint of a future friendship/romantic relationship.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#36
...we really have to be thinking of different endings. The bad ending I saw just has Yuka in a degrading job, with her superiors controlling her public life and locking her in a dead-end relationship, drinking with Ryo in a bar and begging to know why he wasn't there for her when she needed him most*, her emotional crippling complete.

Meanwhile, the good ending doesn't just have a hint, but a confirmation of a romantic relationship. It takes some doublethink for me to get over my other issues with the ending, but I find I can do it by just pretending her route ends with hers and Ryo's last sex scene.

* Hit a little close to home for me, since the answer was "I was trying to get on Kaho's route while avoiding Kyoko's, and somehow overshot badly without realizing it."

virumor
2 years ago#37
I think we're just having a different interpretation of that ending. She mentioned in the 'bad' ending that she'd quit AV. And Ryo admits he was a jerk.

I also came to prefer the Kaho ending without the hentai scene.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#38
Looking at CGs on the internet, I think I missed a Kaho h-scene. I somehow managed to find two different paths to her ending, one boring and one kind of interesting, but I'm starting to wonder if there's a third. Wish I could find the motivation to keep searching.

...same thing happened to me with Kanon, actually. Except it wasn't a whole route, just two CGs, but one of them was depicting sex between Mai and Sayuri, and I'm flabbergasted what the context of that could be.

Also, I feel like someone explained this to me before, but anyone have any idea why the alternate scenarios were left out of the English version of Crescendo (like the one with Yuka as a kid and the one where Miyu somehow survives)? I remember reading that the overseas release had only the original scenarios but took the voices from the later re-release.

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
2 years ago#39
Wasn't there only one Kaho H-scene? Where did you find the CGs that made you suspect there's another one?

As far as I know, G-Collections was already in the process of translating the voiceless version of Crescendo (which didn't include the extra scenarios) when the voiced edition came out in Japan. So G-Collections used the resource files from the voiced edition to implement the voices, but they didn't translate the extra scenarios.

virumor
2 years ago#40
I know there's a Japanese 2005 rerelease of Crescendo with extra scenes, it might be from that?

IIRC the Russian 2007 translation is also of this rerelease, but not too sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived