Random Discussion Topic - Redux

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

User Info: virumor

virumor
2 years ago#41
Full Crescendo CG set: http://cgv.blicky.net/cre/

(NSFW warning)

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#42
Love that site. It's where I go when I want to be reminded of something in Yume Miru Kusuri, since I played that before my habit of taking screenshots when haywire.

Anyway...that's probably be the case, since it's all those H scenes at the bottom that I don't recognize. So yay, that means I didn't miss anything after all!

...actually, I know for a fact I missed two H scenes even in my normal game, but I wasn't in a hurry to go back and look. And I can't actually confirm without outright reinstalling my game. >_>
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Don't worry. The worst that can happen is we all die."

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#43
Almost finished with Mana Khemia. I'd forgotten what a character focus it had, or how much fun the alchemy is. After playing Dark Souls, I'd lost sight of how good it feels to actually look forward to entering a new in-game area, wondering what I'd find and be able to craft with.

Not having as much luck with Civilization, though. I wonder if I've just lost my taste for long, turn-based strategy games, since nothing after the original Age of Wonders can hold my attention and interest longer than a couple of hours at a time.

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
2 years ago#44
Have you been playing Civ5? Personally, I enjoyed 4 more, but the difference might not be all that great if you get bored of the genre quickly now.

The other day I finished Ever17 and I remembered it being recommended here, so I thought I'd mention it. I enjoyed it as a whole, but seeing very high popularity numbers and votes I think I might have gone in with too high of an expectation.
I read that many people found the character routes to be rather boring as they contain a lot of SoL scenes, but I really enjoyed the mystery in the setting and piecing together the small parts of the puzzle that were exposed in each route.
The final route, which is what the game is lauded for, was a really interesting ride that held my attention much more than the ones before, and the solution to the mystery initially presented was quite awesome and impacting. Despite all that, I never really felt engaged with the characters or cared much for their romances. Still, I'd recommend it and will probably put the other games of the series on the ever-growing to-play list.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#45
Zap0 posted...
Have you been playing Civ5? Personally, I enjoyed 4 more, but the difference might not be all that great if you get bored of the genre quickly now.

Both, though I've given 5 a few more chances than 4 (I bought the latter on accident, really; I noticed they were both on sale, decided on andbought one, then realized too late it was the wrong one). The latter felt mildly more intuitive to play, but also more potentially frustrating. I also tend to get discouraged easily, so the ease with which everything you worked for can fall apart at the slightest touch (like, for example, two hours into a game, four cities established, then suddenly Japan wipes me out because I have extremely few, stretched-thin warrior units) is another disincentive. I know it's intended to be part of a learning curve, and I used to be more able to tolerate it, but it feels too frustrating lately.

Started Kingdoms of Amalur recently. It's fun so far.

I read that many people found the character routes to be rather boring as they contain a lot of SoL scenes, but I really enjoyed the mystery in the setting and piecing together the small parts of the puzzle that were exposed in each route.

That sounds like the part I'd enjoy, to be honest. Slice of Life usually is. Sucks that Ever17 is pretty far back in my list...and I also need to track it down somehow, since didn't Hirameki go out of business? The only game of theirs I have is Hourglass of Summer.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#46
So, anyone played Huniepop? I keep hearing mixed things about it.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#47
Okay, so bought Huniepop. The puzzle's fun, but I think I was in the wrong mindset when I started playing. There is no non-harem option, and as soon as I started dating Beli, suddenly it felt too uncomfortable to pursue anyone else.

Also, pretty fun seeing all those visual novels being released on Steam. Still have a couple that I need to play, myself, but I'm still waiting impatiently for Clannad...

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#48
No one told me Grisaia was on Steam! Now I finally have a way to pay for it.

Also, seriously wondering if I should just get off my ass and play Go Go Nippon first, or just bite the bullet and watch the Steam Train LP of it. I don't usually like watching Let's Plays of games I'm planning to play but haven't yet...well, story ones, at least.

NeutralDrow
2 years ago#49
So I come back from Comic Con and learn that Satoru Iwata is dead. After spending the last few days on an extended geek-out, that's about the most unexpected and worst non-family-related news I could have received.

In VN news, I've since picked up Littlewitch Romanesque, ef: A Fairy Tale of Two, and Hanachirasu. Ran out of money before I could buy Demon Master Chris. They were actually selling Kana Okaeri at the J-List booth (as a double-pack with Sensei 2, of course), but it wasn't hard to resist temptation. Even if I could make myself play again, there'd be too much dissonance without Yonekura's artwork...though the guy at the booth mentioned there might be a patch at some point.

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
2 years ago#50
A patch for the old artwork? I'd certainly like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived