Random Discussion Topic - Redux

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

User Info: NeutralDrow

NeutralDrow
1 year ago#51
Huniepop completed. Once I got out of the monogamy mindset and turned off the voices, it wasn't bad. Had to learn an entirely new ruleset for Bejeweled, though. It was a lot more permissive with your moves than I'd realized.

Also, probably off of Terraria for another while. I think the only non-building challenges left (ie, not building my giant astronomical observatory mansion out of lunar fragment and luminite bricks) are soloing the Frost Moon up to wave 20, and beating the Moon Lord without my prepared arena.

That said, think I'll restart Go Go Nippon. Not that I got very far (just as far as setting the exchange rate), but still, I think I need something short that's not Narcissu or Planetarian, because I'm starting to wonder if I might be depressed, and no sense in aggravating it before confirming.
"Oh man, we're in trouble!"
"Don't worry. The worst that can happen is we all die."

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
1 year ago#52
I played Majikoi and Majikoi S recently. Really enjoyable, gorgeus and comfortable VN with a focus on lighthearted comedy. Also has lots of H-content and the routes have some nice character development. The characters are pretty amazing in general, and there are [i]lots[/i], which is only a good thing.

The sequel Majikoi S had a less favorable ratio of character development to H, but it piles even more characters on you which are all just as amazing. The translation was only completed around last month.

Still undecided on what to read next, though. Probably something more intense or dramatic, seeing how my funny bone has been tickled enough lately. (un-?)fortunatly, it's not like my to-read list is empty.

I also found a home on reddits /r/visualnovels and /r/fatestaynight over the past year. Kana didn't get much love in the ratings there, however. I guess we're just special :-)

NeutralDrow
1 year ago#53
If Kana doesn't get much love over there, I think I'll stick around here. Actually, I've found that my preferred method overall.

I don't know if I had Majikoi on my list, though. I'll add it.

NeutralDrow
1 year ago#54
*first impression of Sakura Clicker*

"...what the hell is this?"

*tenth impression of Sakura Clicker*

"I wonder how far I can get by only hiring allies, not upgrading myself.*

User Info: Zap0

Zap0
1 year ago#55
I read through the Muv-Luv trilogy the last couple weeks. Good stuff. I can see why there is a kickstarter for a western remake going on.

Here's a link to my recap, I also took some notes and screenies while playing, but it ended up being more of a recounting of events with some speculation thrown in when I felt like it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/3poeau/what_are_you_reading/cw88oow

NeutralDrow
1 year ago#56
Zap0 posted...
I read through the Muv-Luv trilogy the last couple weeks. Good stuff. I can see why there is a kickstarter for a western remake going on.

Here's a link to my recap, I also took some notes and screenies while playing, but it ended up being more of a recounting of events with some speculation thrown in when I felt like it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/3poeau/what_are_you_reading/cw88oow

Shoot, didn't see this. I'll check it out later, since Muv-Luv is one of those reputedly-good VNs I don't want to read, like Saya no Uta or Swan Song. For roughly similar reasons.

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
1 year ago#57
Huniepop completed. Once I got out of the monogamy mindset and turned off the voices, it wasn't bad

Really? I didn't mind the voice acting much since there was so little of it and the voices stop when you advance the dialogue anyway. I had a good time with it but I don't see myself playing the "sequel". It looks awful.

For roughly similar reasons

What reasons? I wish I could have backed the kickstarter but my country's money is completely worthless right now. Why do you have to be so successful america. The dollar is too strong.

AND the games are too long, I'm not sure if I'm gonna play them again on my Vita.

NeutralDrow
1 year ago#58
KOFXIII posted...
Huniepop completed. Once I got out of the monogamy mindset and turned off the voices, it wasn't bad

Really? I didn't mind the voice acting much since there was so little of it and the voices stop when you advance the dialogue anyway. I had a good time with it but I don't see myself playing the "sequel". It looks awful.

There's a sequel?

The voices hurt my immersion quite a bit. It was already taking me some time to actually enjoy the game, the voice work was okay without being good, and I talked to everyone in the game frequently. It was a real-world reminder that kept pulling me out and reminding me how absurd it all was.

For roughly similar reasons

What reasons?

My appetite for tragedy is fairly low and narrow. Personal tragedies, I can go for a little easier. Stuff where the entire world is ****ed is harder to deal with.

User Info: KOFXIII

KOFXIII
1 year ago#59
There's a sequel?

Yep and it has an "interesting" artstyle. It's coming out next year. Huniecam Studio I think it's called. More like a spiritual sequel

Anyway, after a long break from VNs, I'm playing them again. I stopped with Steins;Gate 2 years ago and started with Steins;Gate on the PS3. I'm going through Chaos;Head but I accidentally dropped it and it's hard to get into it again.

Can't believe they made a concept like magical mental swords boring, honestly.

NeutralDrow
1 year ago#60
Chaos;Head has magical mental swords?

I admit, I don't know much about the game. Is that the one where you can choose whether you have happy or disturbing hallucinations? Or am I thinking of something else?
  1. Boards
  2. Kana Little Sister
  3. Random Discussion Topic - Redux

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived