Wow...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: PIM-001

PIM-001
1 year ago#11
Wow darkling, you seemed highly knowledgeable about this vn. You still played it?
Two vocal songs? What's the other one?
I have shiroi kisetsu (one of the best ost i've ever heard, and i've played xenosaga, .hack series, persona, and more...), tsubura na hitomi, and anata e.

User Info: BookwormDolaDe

BookwormDolaDe
1 year ago#12
Shiosai No Melody is about 11,5 MB. As far as I know, you can't add any attachments to private messages sent via this board. So I think it would probably be best if you send me a PM with an e-mail address where I can send the file.

The second additional song is called Message, but I can't remember where exactly it plays in the game.

And you're right, Shiroi Kisetsu is simply wonderful.

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
1 year ago#13
PIM-001 posted...
Wow darkling, you seemed highly knowledgeable about this vn. You still played it?

I've been a huge fan of KLS since I first played it in 2004. Because the translation of the 1999 game was the first version I played, I still greatly prefer the original character designs (in which Kana has brown hair and violet eyes). I think the voices in Kana ~Okaeri~ are good, but they don't match well with the character designs from the 1999 version, in my opinion (perhaps because the 1999 version didn't include voice acting, so I ended up imagining that Kana sounded like the vocalist for Shiroi Kisetsu).

There was a version of Kana Little Sister released for the PSP in Japan that used the original 1999 character designs with newly recorded voice acting (different from the 2004 version). From what I've heard of it, I think the voices in that version match up more closely with the character designs from the original 1999 release, and I wish there were some way for me to play it (since I can't read Japanese).

This may be a little jarring for you, since you've only played Kana ~Okaeri~, but here's some footage from the PSP version of Kana ~Imouto~ (featuring the original 1999 character designs):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F22fo-laE0

I love Shiroi Kisetsu as well. Before I actually bought the game in 2004, just reading a translation of the lyrics was enough to bring me to tears. It was about that time that I knew that I had to play this game. I've never regretted that decision.

PIM-001
1 year ago#14
Done, bookworm ;) where did you get that song anyway? I was going to brute-force search the game files myself 😅

PIM-001
1 year ago#15
Since...2004,Darkling? Wow...
Well i've seen the previews and, dang, for a vn made in the eldritch year of '99, the graphics were good...
I like kana's violet eyes better, although i prefer the okaeri's graphics...but maybe that's because i played it first...:D
The translation? All i could find were the japanese lyrics...but even by listening, i knew that the song's more meaningful than some romance novels out there...

Darkling183
1 year ago#16
Yep, I'm a long-time Kana fan, since way back in the old days. =)

In 2004, before I played the game, I saw samples of Okaeri's graphics (then intended for a PG-rated Xbox port of the game) and I thought that black-haired, brown-eyed Kana was cuter, but then I played the translation of the 1999 original and I was completely hooked on Kana's brown-haired, violet-eyed appearance. I haven't been able to picture her any other way since.

Promise me you won't dig any deeper into this website until you've seen the ending where Kana lives, but here are translations of the three vocal songs from the original game (The White Season, Tsubara no Hitomi, and For You).

http://kana.darklingnet.com/lyrics.htm

PIM-001
1 year ago#17
Eh no worries mate. I don't like spoilers anyway, and i never looked for guides when it comes to vns. It kills the thrill, especially this one. I like to savour it personally :p
Albeit that does raise a question : was KLS influence THAT strong that you still liked it long after you've done?

PIM-001
1 year ago#18
It said site not found ._.
But i look for myself using google and your username, and i found shiroi kisetsu's lyrics. Damn, i've always thought that shiroi kisetsu's lyrics were sad, but what i thought had nothing compared to the original lyrics...

Darkling183
1 year ago#19
PIM-001 posted...
Albeit that does raise a question : was KLS influence THAT strong that you still liked it long after you've done?

Um, yes. KLS had a deep and profound effect on my life. It's still my favourite bishoujo game (not that I've played a huge number of them), and I was obsessed with Kana (the character) for years after I played the game. I'm not obsessed anymore, thank god, but the game and Kana herself still hold a special place in my heart.

Weird that you can't access the lyrics page - I have no trouble with it. Is anyone else having trouble accessing the site? =/

When I first ran across the lyrics to The White Season / Shiroi Kisetsu, I cried, even though I hadn't played the game yet. I had read about the themes of the game and Kana's dependence on Taka, and the lyrics were just so evocative - quietly heartbreaking.

---
Believe

There is a row of roofs dyed deep red; I like the twilight.
We're holding hands
and we intentionally take the long way home.
The song you always sang to me, the song I just learned,
is like a warm wind.
The image of your kind, gentle smile is still fresh in my mind.

Since that time, we haven't spoken to each other.
Actually, nothing has changed; nothing has happened.

When I lie down in my bed, I remember your warm touch,
and I thought this innocent happiness could continue forever.
However, the twilight brings heartrending sorrow.
Round eyes, please tell me why you fill with tears.

The first time I saw the ocean,
I was afraid of the waves,
and when you held me
my heart began to race.

I believe, I believe,
even though we can't take time back,
the brilliance of that day remains in our hearts,
so stay here and don't leave me.
Round eyes,
oh, I want, I wish to keep
those distant memories.

Those distant memories.

---
For You

In the late afternoon, on the quiet table,
the lemongrass seems to be waiting for someone.
The rhythm of the ticking flutters.
I anxiously watch the clock's hands.

When you come up from the subway, you can see it right away:
the street, all aglow.

A shirt flutters in the sky, and the trail of clouds grows longer.
I open the window and reach out,
and I'm captivated by the bright voices outside.
Wearing white sneakers, I want to run as far as I can.

The smell of the wind, the feeling of the baby grass:
look – now I'm alive.

Even though I could choose this way or that way to tell you,
whichever way it is, it's the real me.
I'm sorry; I've troubled you so many times.
Your bright eyes turn away from me.

All of us need a place to rest.
I know it well.

I flip through the pages of the old diary;
I feel a little bit ashamed.
The faded characters take me back to the old days:
I was so innocent, and I miss it.
On the next lonely night, I'll ask you to stay with me.
I won't turn around; I won't get lost.
Those are beautiful memories.

A shirt flutters in the sky, and the trail of clouds grows longer.
I open the window and reach out,
and I'm enticed by the bright voices outside.
Wearing white sneakers, I want to run as far as I can.

I see myself sweating, I feel myself panting,
so I definitely know I'm alive.

I'll live for you till then.

PIM-001
1 year ago#20
Damn. If there's any song more touching than kana's ost, i would like to hear it.
I've played a lot of bishoujo games, and believe me, nothing came close to KLS in terms of impact. The second best one i've played sat idly when i've finished all endings...to be fair i've only got one ending so far but i got a feeling that when i'm done, i'll still be eager for more =)
Well duh, normally i would say that obsessing over a fictional character for years borders on pathological, but in this case, i think it's an exception. There's just something about Kana... =)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived