Wow...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: PIM-001

PIM-001
11 months ago#191
Good to hear that you're still normal. And you know what? You're the one whom should buy me chocolates. That was literally the only thing i waited when my cousins came back to good ol' country =))

And yes, blinding white's beautiful, even though Kana still died. I wonder how'd Rika and Sara looks like though.

Damn...it took me 5 minutes to figure out what cosmic arena in fishing sea means...i thought that was in Dragon Ball or something =))

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
11 months ago#192
These images are pretty close to how I picture Rika and Sara:

Rika (Ai Shinozaki)
http://i.imgur.com/oBw3NEq.jpg

Sara
http://i.imgur.com/8TeP2kx.jpg

Damn...it took me 5 minutes to figure out what cosmic arena in fishing sea means...i thought that was in Dragon Ball or something =))
I guess I have to hand in my KLS fan club membership card, but I don't remember if the term 'chronic renal insufficiency' is ever used in the game. (It must be, or I wouldn't know it, right?)

User Info: BookwormDolaDe

BookwormDolaDe
11 months ago#193
Darkling183 posted...
So I'm a siscon and a lolicon (to an extent), with a definite penchant for yuri. When I put it that way, it almost makes me worried about myself.

What's there to worry about? We're only enraptured by fictional little sister characters, while we don't have incestuous feelings for our sisters in real life. So I don't even think the term 'siscon' applies here.

And being a lolicon is nothing dishonourable in my opinion. We just wholeheartedly admire the youthful innocence and graceful beauty expressed in young females.

PIM-001
11 months ago#194
Well you got a point. But bookworm, some thought lolicon as pedophiliacs.

Wait, there's such a card? How come i'm not issued one yet? *deep sorrow

Darkling183
11 months ago#195
Well, Wikipedia says (and yes, I'm citing Wikipedia; someone shoot me):

The term lolicon is a portmanteau of the phrase "Lolita complex"; it describes an attraction to young or prepubescent girls, an individual with such an attraction, or lolicon manga or lolicon anime, a genre of manga and anime wherein childlike female characters are often depicted in an "erotic-cute" manner

That definition (especially the words 'attraction' and 'erotic-cute') runs disturbingly close to the Western definition of pedophilia. I guess I'm not really a lolicon by that definition, though, because my preferences run towards girls who are at least in their mid-adolescence.

The terms 'hebephilia' and 'ephebophilia' come in useful here, though both refer to an individual's primary sexual preference being for girls in early adolescence (hebephilia) or mid to late adolescence (ephebophilia). Since my primary preference is for adult women, I really don't qualify as either, though I can and do find teenage girls sexually attractive.

As for my being a 'siscon', I still think it implies an acceptance of incest as a concept (heck, see my diatribes above about 'incest' being a crime), and that's not something that I'd feel comfortable bringing up in casual conversation with my friends.

Me: "Oh, yeah, by the way, I think the idea of a romantic and sexual relationship between a brother and sister is kind of hot."

Everyone else: *stares at me in stunned silence*

Me: "So... these nachos are great, aren't they?"

I think I'm basically just saying that having any 'complex' is kind of, well... complex. =P

PIM-001 posted...
Wait, there's such a card? How come i'm not issued one yet? *deep sorrow
Well, you are responsible for starting a topic here that has almost two hundred posts, so I think you qualify. Welcome to the KFC! Wait, that doesn't sound quite right. O.o

PIM-001
11 months ago#196
Coming to Melbourne right away =)) do you prefer 9mm or .45? Other types aren't cheap down

Well if i have to pick then i guess what drew me in is late-adolescent to young adult with petite proportions. Not necessarily dwarfish, but you get the idea.

Well it depends. Maybe siscon's used for blood siblings, or are they used for adopted as well?

That's right there in it's name.

And yes, ARD's mentioned about 4-5 times in KLS.

Although honestly most of those 200's just you and me with a hint of bookworm, and even then some's been deleted. But eh, better than nothing.

KFC? Wow. As far as Kana's concerned...

BookwormDolaDe
11 months ago#197
Darkling183 posted...
That definition (especially the words 'attraction' and 'erotic-cute') runs disturbingly close to the Western definition of pedophilia.
In my opinion the important point is something different: it's necessary to distinguish between a lolicon as a person with pedophilic inclinations, who idolizes little girls and loves them wholeheartedly, on the one hand - and an abuser, who carelessly uses children as means for satisfying his own desires without consideration for their well-being, on the other. The feeling of attraction is one thing, but the decisive factor are your actions.

Darkling183 posted...
As for my being a 'siscon', I still think it implies an acceptance of incest as a concept (heck, see my diatribes above about 'incest' being a crime), and that's not something that I'd feel comfortable bringing up in casual conversation with my friends.
That's understandable; at least you have us to discuss about these topics without being frowned upon. ;)

But I'd rather say that you have an incest-fetish; since it's just the concept that's interesting to you, while you have no incestuous feelings in reality.

Darkling183
11 months ago#198
PIM-001 posted...
Coming to Melbourne right away =)) do you prefer 9mm or .45? Other types aren't cheap down
9mm, please. I'm Australian and I much prefer the metric system.

Well it depends. Maybe siscon's used for blood siblings, or are they used for adopted as well?
I think Bookworm's right - I'm not a siscon. You're only a siscon if you have lustful feelings for your actual sister (whether biological or adoptive). So yes, I have an incest fetish. But... um, that's still kind of an awkward icebreaker at parties. =/

Although honestly most of those 200's just you and me with a hint of bookworm, and even then some's been deleted. But eh, better than nothing.
I just mean you've stuck around for that long, and that shows dedication to Kana. So here, have a grape - you're now another one of Kana's honorary oniichans!

KFC? Wow. As far as Kana's concerned...
Where exactly do you plan to put those fingers...? On the other hand, wait, no. I don't want to know.

BookwormDolaDe posted...
In my opinion the important point is something different: it's necessary to distinguish between a lolicon as a person with pedophilic inclinations, who idolizes little girls and loves them wholeheartedly, on the one hand - and an abuser, who carelessly uses children as means for satisfying his own desires without consideration for their well-being, on the other.
I think there's a dual distinction here: pedophile/lolicon and abuser/non-abuser.

Yes, there are 'abusers' who use young children with no concern for their feelings or welfare. But I also think there must be a subset of sex offenders who view children in the same loving and reverent light as lolicons do.

Basically, I think not all pedophiles are lolicons, and not all lolicons are pedophiles.

Right. How do I explain that.

* Pedophile - someone whose primary sexual attraction is to prepubescent children. They may hide this tendency, be ashamed of it or outright hate children, but it's a part of their psychological makeup that they cannot change.

* Lolicon - someone who adores and reveres prepubescent children, and finds them sexually attractive, but for personal or aesthetic reasons.

You can be one or the other, or both. But I'm sure there are both pedophiles and lolicons who sexually abuse children, just as there are both pedophiles and lolicons who do not prey on children.

Does that make sense?

PIM-001
11 months ago#199
9mm? That will be five dollars. American ones =))

Well yeah...then i guess i have that fetish as well...good lord, we're going to hell =))

Grape? I thought you're going to crown me with a wreath made of parnassus =)) and besides, that would'nt been possible without Bookworm, JPOP, Z3ro and our favourite sheep shagger =P

You sure you don't want to know? I guess she's mine then ~🎵

BookwormDolaDe
11 months ago#200
It looks like we're getting slowly closer to figuring out the definitions.

Darkling183 posted...
Yes, there are 'abusers' who use young children with no concern for their feelings or welfare. But I also think there must be a subset of sex offenders who view children in the same loving and reverent light as lolicons do.
Certainly there are sex offenders who try to justify their deeds by saying that they didn't use violence, and that the child agreed to the sexual acts, and that they did it only out of love... But is that convincing? If you really love a child (and not only desire its body), you will take care not to hurt it, impair its development, manipulate it, nor use it for your own benefits. So I'd say there's no way for a sensible and accountable adult to genuinely love and abuse a child at the same time.

Darkling183 posted...
* Pedophile - someone whose primary sexual attraction is to prepubescent children. They may hide this tendency, be ashamed of it or outright hate children, but it's a part of their psychological makeup that they cannot change.

* Lolicon - someone who adores and reveres prepubescent children, and finds them sexually attractive, but for personal or aesthetic reasons.
I'm not really convinced of this differentiation. If the lolicon finds children sexually attractive, where's the difference to being a pedophile? And what is meant by 'personal reasons', other than this attraction?

In my opinion pedophiles are rather a subgroup of the lolicons. A lolicon can be someone who shares a certain fetish, but he doesn't necessarily show an attraction to little girls in real life - similar to you having an incest fetish, but not harbouring incestuous desires in reality. A pedophile, on the other hand, would feel attracted by the concept in theory as well as by real children. By the way, I'm only talking about heterosexual inclinations here, since otherwise it would have to be called shotacon.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived