Wow...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: PIM-001

PIM-001
1 year ago#41
Well, okay, maybe ending 4 isn't the bad ending, but that's the absolute worst i can get, right?
So is there any new vocal song in the special sound album that we haven't heard in KLS?

User Info: Darkling183

Darkling183
1 year ago#42
BookwormDolaDe posted...
And the two new songs on Okaeri are performed by Miu Arimura, who also did the title song for Snow Sakura.
That makes sense. Snow Sakura was also made by D.O., and it was released in 2003, about the same time that work was progressing on Kana Okaeri. I guess they'd lost touch with Naoko Futami by then.

PIM-001 posted...
Well, okay, maybe ending 4 isn't the bad ending, but that's the absolute worst i can get, right?
Yes, Ending 4 is the shortest ending in the game and doesn't give the player much (if any) closure. In that sense, it's the least satisfying ending in the game.

So is there any new vocal song in the special sound album that we haven't heard in KLS?
The five vocal songs from the special sound album aren't heard in the game; they were recorded after the game was released (as far as I know). I really like two of the ones sung by Naoko Futami.

PIM-001
1 year ago#43
Well then, i guess we got lots of work to do translating them, hm? :D
Btw, any of you (or any kana's fans out there) can draw digitally? I really wanted kana's disc art as my wallpaper :p

Darkling183
1 year ago#44
PIM-001 posted...
Btw, any of you (or any kana's fans out there) can draw digitally? I really wanted kana's disc art as my wallpaper :p

I found the image, but unfortunately it's tiny.

http://s288.photobucket.com/user/piscespeggy/GalGameSub/CDBROS/story

There has never been an English-speaking KLS fan on this board who has had the ability to draw. The Japanese KLS fan community has (or had) a lot more artistic members, as you'd expect. I ran across this little gallery of fan art the other day while searching for song lyrics, actually.

http://dic.pixiv.net/a/%E5%8A%A0%E5%A5%88%EF%BD%9E%E3%81%84%E3%82%82%E3%81%86%E3%81%A8%EF%BD%9E

PIM-001
1 year ago#45
The japanese fan community still exists?
Yeah, that's the problem. The only things made is about half the size of my laptop screen...
So in the whole time you're here, you've never met one fan who's capable of drawing?
Damn...

Darkling183
1 year ago#46
I don't know how big or active the Japanese fan community currently is, given that I can't read anything on the websites I've found. But I've definitely found quite a bit of Japanese fan art over the years.

There have been a few KLS fans who've contacted me over the years who have said they might try to draw something KLS-related, but nothing ever came of it. Maybe it's because English-translated bishoujo games are such a niche market in the west, whereas bishoujo games are more mainstream in Japan, meaning that there are more fans, more activity in the fan community and more chance of some of those fans being artistically inclined.

PIM-001
1 year ago#47
That's sad...but if you still found a few new kana fanart every now and then, then there's a good chance that their fan community still exists.
A few? When did you receive the most recent? Maybe we could convince him/her to draw one or two wallpapers?

PIM-001
1 year ago#48
The best i could do is open the gallery, print screen, and copy the picture to an image editing software, but eh, better than nothing i guess =)

Darkling183
1 year ago#49
PIM-001 posted...
A few? When did you receive the most recent? Maybe we could convince him/her to draw one or two wallpapers?
The most recent one was in 2007. She was interested in adapting my fanfics into a manga - a friend of hers would have done the art, while she did the toning and lettering. From what I saw of her friend's prior work, it would have been strictly black-and-white line art. However, after a while, as many KLS fans do, she vanished and I never heard from her again.

I made some KLS wallpapers a long time ago, using graphics from the game, but that was back when 1024x768 or 1280x1024 was the standard monitor resolution, so they wouldn't work well on today's 1920x1080 screens.

PIM-001
1 year ago#50
2007? That's...
Well, but when i used printscreen of okaeri's arts, they turned out fine in 1366 * 768, but i dunno whether it will fit in 1920 * 1080, but i'm guessing that it will be acceptable. Oh well, i guess i'll check it using my pc. I'll tell you how it goes.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived