Single Character Challenge, the return.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Legend II
  3. Single Character Challenge, the return.

User Info: gxx

gxx
4 years ago#21
DragonAtma posted...
I never thought of that; the final boss is fond of Dk-Force, and I saw this happening easily:

Robot uses Excalibur! 1000 damage!
Final boss uses Dk-Force! 800 damage!
----
Final Boss uses Dk-Force! 800 damage! Slain!

You know FFL3 lets you use inventory items in combat right? Including Elixirs? I suspect that might have made things easier for you...

As for FFL2, I'm up to Venus (irony!). No, I don't need advice; I merely need to be less busy with other projects.

What could be more important than playing arbitrary challenge modes of a 20-year old game? ;)

User Info: DragonAtma

DragonAtma
4 years ago#22
Yes, I do.

I also know that if he uses Dk-Force again, you're again one hit away from death.
Nagas on a plane! ^_^

gxx
4 years ago#23
Sorry, I interpreted the "----" in your hypothetical battle as "several rounds later."

Anyhow, yes, you will sometimes die fighting Xagor; IIRC he can critical with Dk-Force, which means instant death. But it didn't take too many attempts, and getting lucky is always a big part of single-character games anyhow.

DragonAtma
4 years ago#24
True, true; in solo FFMQ's first non-tutorial battle, you MUST get a critical hit on the first turn, or else you'll be slaughtered --and even then victory is not guaranteed!

And then you must do the same thing AGAIN, at which point you reach level reach elvel 2 and the first "dungeon" is manageable.

(if you want to test that, try "cheat" code 7E10A140)
Nagas on a plane! ^_^

gxx
4 years ago#25
I think I'll have to try FFMQ sometime.

It's funny, I really don't like the core FF games at all. But I like anything I've played with the Final Fantasy title appended on to ship more units, and I like most of Square's other older stuff. So it would be interesting to see whether I take to MQ or not.

DragonAtma
4 years ago#26
I was up to the third world when, to gather data, I sharked the hero to max exp... and only then realized it would affect every save I had x_x

So I had to start over...

(levelup formula for level x, btw, is 13(x^3)+61(x^2).)

EDIT: To clarify, the sharking was in a new game that was NOT planned to be saved; the only code I'd ever use in a challenge game is the one necessary to establish the challenge (here, the ally petrifier).
Nagas on a plane! ^_^
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Legend II
  3. Single Character Challenge, the return.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived