Finally beat this game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fatal Labyrinth
  3. Finally beat this game.

User Info: SpiralDrift

SpiralDrift
1 year ago#1
This was one of my white whales of classic gaming. I first played it around 1994 and have gone back now and then then to try my luck, and so much of this game is about luck, but there's something very satisfying about it. Now that I've finally beaten it I feel like my appreciation of the game has grown.

Some info I dug up...

It was originally released in Japan on the Mega Net dial-up service as Shi no Meikyuu: Labyrinth of Death. This was a different version than the later cartridge release. The earlier version is worth checking out if you can find it. It actually plays a little closer to the GG/SMS sequel Dragon Crystal, which makes you wonder whether the sequel(?) was even the last of the three to be worked on.

Also, I wonder if this game not having saves was due to its origin on the Mega Net system, which if I were to guess probably didn't have a save battery like the Sega Channel did later on. I mean the system was released in 1988, so that's probably a safe bet.

Very underrated game.
Do unto others what your parents did to you.
  1. Boards
  2. Fatal Labyrinth
  3. Finally beat this game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived