About Them Pits

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fatal Labyrinth
  3. About Them Pits

User Info: markericks

markericks
2 months ago#1
I think those two FAQ/Walkthrough things did not say enough about the pits that can drop you to the previous floor. While each floor's plan other than 10, 30, and 31 is chosen randomly from a limited menu of floor plans every time you start a new game, during this one particular session you're playing the floors will be the same as they were. Some floor plans have pits and some do not. I've written myself a notebook with diagrams of enough of some floor plans for me to recognize them again, and given names to ones that have pits. One I named Bruce has a large room in the center with the upstairs case to the right, plus four smaller rooms to the north, south, east, and west of that large central room, and the pit is always in the central room lined up with the up staircase. Another I named Tillie has the upstairs in the northwest corner of the whole dungeon, and the drop-through pit is always against the east wall in a room reached by a kinked hallway to the south of the one with the stairs. RULES OF PITS: For example if you fall through one from Floor 6 to Floor 5, even if you hit the stairs early and missed some items, there can be no items to find on Floor 5, including food, so you'd better hurry to the stairs back up to Floor 6. It should help that those stairs are in the same position they were before. However, when you ascend back up to Floor 6, even if you gathered every item before falling through the pit, Floor 6 will be restocked and have items to find again. And Floor 6's pit will be where it was before again. You may wish to use this to repeat a floor several times in hopes of finding a particular item. But you also multiply your risks, depending on what part of Castle Dragonia it is. Example, if you repeat a floor that's 11 through 14 where Insects might be present, and don't have a Rust-Proof Scroll for abjuring their melting away of gear for every time you hit such a floor, be ready to settle for Wood Shield, Leather Helm, and Leather Armor for a while. Also, I've found the "Pit Cane" you may find later in the game makes a fake pit I and my foes have never fallen through, and it appears to me that in practice that one does nothing. Throw it at an enemy when you find another one.
  1. Boards
  2. Fatal Labyrinth
  3. About Them Pits

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived