So how many of you got stuck on the barrel of doom?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  3. So how many of you got stuck on the barrel of doom?

User Info: Jimmy___

Jimmy___
6 years ago#1
I was able to pass it on my first playthrough but a few weeks ago i was replaying this game on the PS3 and i got stuck...i had to google the Carnival Night zone to find the answer to my problem.

Did you guys get stuck as well?

User Info: DoughBoy319

DoughBoy319
6 years ago#2
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/586472-sonic-the-hedgehog-3/51145854
Michigan Wolverines: 7-4; next opponent: @ Ohio State. Hopefully we will win this time.
Pittsburgh Steelers: 7-3; next opponent: @ Bills.

User Info: newxskin

newxskin
6 years ago#3
up and down and up and down and up and down and right. or is it left? When i first played this game, I was in tears at the rage the section caused. When i figured it out i was like "derp derp". one of the easiest hard parts in gaming history

User Info: MahouShounenEL

MahouShounenEL
6 years ago#4
I got stuck on it EARLIER TODAY

;_;

User Info: tumven7777

tumven7777
6 years ago#5
to this day, i still feel bad for kids who rented this game way back when and had no idea what to do there.
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

User Info: theanimelink

theanimelink
6 years ago#6
Dude, I played this back in 1994 and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Alas, I never passed that level legitimately until 10 years later when I bought the game, and figured out that the up and down on the d-pad was the answer to success. :)
Hello.

User Info: Retro_collector

Retro_collector
6 years ago#7
When i first got the game I was stuck there to. Took me a week to figure it out. Getting to ice cap was worth it though
---
" Broken, as in fall to our deaths broken?"- Ratchet "uh... yes."- clank

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
6 years ago#8
I had lots of trouble, I think it was over a week I was stuck there then I noticed as I was hammering away at all the buttons one time it started to go up then down lower so I kept fiddling until I found out why then I was like "OMG!"
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.

User Info: Tmk

Tmk
6 years ago#9
I never figured it out on my own. Apparently, back then, it was a simpler idea for me to make sure I get a water shield to that point, and use a turbo controller. >_>
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Over an evil. A cherished vehemency ovation ::)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  3. So how many of you got stuck on the barrel of doom?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived