Curse you, Anniversary Collection!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man 5
  3. Curse you, Anniversary Collection!

User Info: Evil_Sponge

Evil_Sponge
6 years ago#1
For some reason that I no longer recall, I didn't like 4 when I first played it, so I never bothered to get 5 when it came out. Many years later, the Anniversary Collection appeared. As I'm sure was the case with many others I had a devil of a time getting used to the mirrored button mapping. I'd start to do well, then hit the wrong button in a clutch situation and die. I eventually got frustrated and cheated my way through the games just to unlock things.

The point being that I found 5 and 6 to be abysmal offerings to this series.

I just downloaded 5 from the Virtual Console this evening, and I'm not sure why I didn't like it before, other than the wonky controls. It was a blast, rather than a chore, to swoop through four robot masters before hanging it up for the night. A pox on ye, Anniversary Collection, for being backwards and making me think that this game was terrible!

Now I want 6 to show up on the VC so I can attempt to like that one as well. And 7, but only so I can see the ending.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines... www.the-evil-sponge.com

User Info: KingJames304

KingJames304
6 years ago#2
Should've gotten it for PS2.
Normal controls.
PSN: ModelJames13
Lords of Shadow is not Castlevania.
  1. Boards
  2. Mega Man 5
  3. Curse you, Anniversary Collection!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived