Group Playthrough Chapter 1: Onett

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. EarthBound
  3. Group Playthrough Chapter 1: Onett
Group Playthrough Chapter 1: Onett
------------------------------------------------------
Play through the start of the game and all the events in Onett. Stop once you get to the second town, Twoson.

- Post anything you’d like for discussion. All thoughts, theories, impressions, struggles, likes, dislikes, etc. are welcome and encouraged.

- Be respectful of future chapter spoilers. All previous and current chapter spoilers are fair game, but anything beyond that should be tagged accordingly.

- I highly recommend talking to all the NPCs throughout the game. The writing really sets this game apart, and reading all the great dialogue really enhances the experience.

**Helpful tips for the beginning of your journey**

If you find yourself struggling to progress, grinding out a level or two can make all the difference. Some of the early game sections might catch new players off guard. Things balance out much more once you get a second party member.

There are in-game hint locations throughout the journey where you can purchase a hint if you get stuck. You'll know when you find them. If you're trying to avoid spoilers, its a great option to help point you in the right direction.
Retro Revival: Group playthroughs of classic games, game discussions, and anything off topic is welcome - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
4 months ago#2
Hello All,

I moved my team into the hills to make the rescue and I'm now in the town of Onett err... something.

Anyway, I used the ATM to make a purchase however the big thumbed cashier is foisting cold meds on me. Stop lol skater43. Anyway, I'll be here until I figure out how to get what I want.

Btw, what is the purpose of the Bracelet? No my recon was not complete.

My stats so far:

Lev ------ 7
Equip ----- Cracked Bat
Goods ----- ATM Card; Sound Stone, Town Map,Cracked Bat, 3 Bread Roll, 2 Hamburger, 4 Cookie

Status

Off ------ 17
Def ----- 05
Spd ----- 04
Guts ---- 06
Vital ----- 05
IQ -------- 05
Luck ----- 05

HP ------- 75
PP ------- 25
Exp ----- 685
Next ----- 87

*Note: The hotel is $35 per night. Seaside towns... always a rip-off.

Thanks Hago...
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: skater43

skater43
4 months ago#3
And we're off! All right, so I've done little more than fire this up, name everyone (just went with the default names, makes it easier when referencing them), and play a few minutes to the point of King and Pokey joining me to go look for Picky, but we've officially started. In the morning, we'll see about getting past the intro stuff.

Was going to see about getting an item list, just to know what does what, but I see the game has an option to tell what stuff does, so points to the developers for that.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: kefkamademedoit

kefkamademedoit
4 months ago#4
I wonder if the guys that wrote stranger things played this game? Feels similar in some ways. Always reminds me of goonies. Ordinary kids find themselves in the middle of crazy adventures. Won't have time to start today but hoping to play later this week
Join us as we do group playthroughs for classic games! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival

User Info: Moonroof

Moonroof
4 months ago#5
Just did a playthrough of this game a month or so ago. I beat it for maybe the 10th time and would've enjoyed playing along with you guys. I'll follow along though, I'm interested in seeing how you guys interpret all the different parts.

User Info: seraphim2000

seraphim2000
4 months ago#6
Haven't started my new playthrough, but here's a little tip I heard of when I started playing a few years ago. Don't carry around too much money. You lose half of the money you carry when you are defeated. So carry only a little, and deposit what you dont. Something I've done is just carry a buck for payphones, since you'll usually find a phone by an atm. Just a little tip.

Have fun!
3DS: 5198-2484-8669
Xbox Gamertag: Foxboy Seraphim

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
4 months ago#7
bracelets hats and stuff increase defence and other things. you can get a better hat than the one at the store by finding the secret base with a kid outside and talking to everyone inside. dont forget to talk to the entertainers on the way back from the first dungeon before they leave, theyll give you a present

User Info: Danimal7200

Danimal7200
4 months ago#8
Annnnnddddd were off! Can't wait to get home from work tonight to start my journey. Loving the posts so far

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
4 months ago#9
seraphim2000 posted...
Haven't started my new playthrough, but here's a little tip I heard of when I started playing a few years ago. Don't carry around too much money. You lose half of the money you carry when you are defeated. So carry only a little, and deposit what you dont. Something I've done is just carry a buck for payphones, since you'll usually find a phone by an atm. Just a little tip.

Have fun!

ya, you should only take money out when you are shopping, then put it back. in onett, your mom and frank are free heal points, so you dont need to pay hotel fees

everyone should call mom so you can unlock escargo express before you get far from home. if ness has too much stuff, going to see his sister or calling escargo express will let you clear up inventory space

User Info: kefkamademedoit

kefkamademedoit
4 months ago#10
Thanks for the tips everyone! Happy to have such a big group to tackle his game. It should be a lot of fun for those who have played it and for those who are playing for the first time.
Join us as we do group playthroughs for classic games! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival
  1. Boards
  2. EarthBound
  3. Group Playthrough Chapter 1: Onett

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived