Group Playthrough Chapter 2: Twoson and Happy Happy Village

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. EarthBound
  3. Group Playthrough Chapter 2: Twoson and Happy Happy Village
Group Playthrough Chapter 2: Twoson and Happy Happy Village
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Play through all the initial events in Twoson and the events in Happy Happy Village. Stop once you've returned to Twoson.

- Post anything you’d like for discussion. All thoughts, theories, impressions, struggles, likes, dislikes, etc. are welcome and encouraged.

- Be respectful of future chapter spoilers. All previous and current chapter spoilers are fair game, but anything beyond that should be tagged accordingly.

- I highly recommend talking to all the NPCs throughout the game. The writing really sets this game apart, and reading all the great dialogue really enhances the experience.

**Sandman's Tips for the Chapter**

You can read up on what your PSI powers do in the status menus of party members. Higher tiers of certain abilities can do different things.

Its been mentioned before, but try to keep the majority of your cash in the ATM machine. If you get KO'd and opt to continue, you'll lose half of the money you have on hand.

Escargo Express is very useful for storing items you can't sell, or key items you don't necessarily need to carry at the moment.

This one is a bit longer, but I think that's what most of you wanted. Fuzzy pickles!
Retro Revival: Group playthroughs of classic games, game discussions, and anything off topic is welcome - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival

User Info: Randomperson101

Randomperson101
2 months ago#2
Nice, I remember this part being the first real stumbling point as you still have only one character as well as several annoying enemies on the way to HHV. It's not a bad idea to invest in a few teddy bears as they can soak up status effects for no effect as well as act like a damage sponge. You can also find one for free at the Polestar preschool.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1987.
3DS FC:3222-5567-4564 Region: NA

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
2 months ago#3
also in twoson, you can get the pizza number (the one in onett is closed) borrow a bike for ness, sleep free at paulas house and the happy happy hotel after you finish that part, and invest in snapple kid and orange kid. the crazy ladies can drop handbag straps which do damage and cause solidification
sandmanofdarkdreams 2 months ago#4
Oh man how could I forget to mention the bike? Everyone should try out the bike at least once before they move on from Twoson. Try hitting the L button to ring the bike bell for that authentic experience!
Retro Revival: Group playthroughs of classic games, game discussions, and anything off topic is welcome - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1145-retro-revival

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
2 months ago#5
Morning Gamers, hope your day is going well.

Question: Is there a phone in HHV? If I need Escargo Do I have to hoof it back to Twoson?
Also, is their importance to the Picture Postcard?

Thanks...
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks
sandmanofdarkdreams 2 months ago#6
Golden_Torizo posted...
Morning Gamers, hope your day is going well.

Question: Is there a phone in HHV? If I need Escargo Do I have to hoof it back to Twoson?
Also, is their importance to the Picture Postcard?

Thanks...

Yeah there is a phone in the store. The picture postcard serves no real purpose other than checking it out.

User Info: Moonroof

Moonroof
2 months ago#7
You will want to store the bike in Escargo Express' inventory once you get Paula, so its usefulness is short-lived. Also, make a mental note to put the bike back into your inventory at the very end of the game, because you will be able to use it during the game's ending for fun!

User Info: Golden_Torizo

Golden_Torizo
2 months ago#8
Moonroof posted...
You will want to store the bike in Escargo Express' inventory once you get Paula, so its usefulness is short-lived. Also, make a mental note to put the bike back into your inventory at the very end of the game, because you will be able to use it during the game's ending for fun!

Howdy Moonroof what about the usefulness of the Cabin Key and Franklin Badge? I can maybe see use for the badge but not the key. Can it be dropped?

Btw, thank you sodd I found the phone. Do you know what i thought that was. an opened file cabinet. So phones can be hidden?

Thanks..
Go to FunTrivia.Com and play my quiz- Dragon Warrior I for Game Boy Color. Don't 4get to rate it! Thanks

User Info: skater43

skater43
2 months ago#9
Well, the mystery has finally been solved. Carly Simon's song is about Venus. Venus' mother confirms it: she's so vein.

Think I'm about done in Twoson and ready to head out to save Paula. Got mashroomized on the way into town, which was a little annoying. The controls weren't a big deal, at least, because I'm using a controller to play. Just a matter of rotating the controller so direction I push corresponds with the direction I want to go. Would have been much more annoying on a keyboard and having to remember that up is now left or whatever. And then have it change again once you get used to one set. But damaging myself in battle was the big deal. Didn't die, but came close. On the plus side, I made $50 selling the mushroom to a healer.

No trouble with Everdred. He grinned once, and stole three times (including two skip sandwiches, even though I only have one in my inventory. Since I had my full inventory after winning, I suspect the game doesn't actually take away the items until you lose, so he didn't actually take the sandwich? I didn't bother try using items in the fight, just bashed/psied him to end the fight as quickly as possible) and went down without me getting hurt.

Invested with both the inventors, so we'll see if I get any return on my cash. "Help!" is being less than helpful, so not sure what the Suporma actually does, but we'll see. Got the receiver phone because what kid doesn't have one these days?

Queen was right. I don't believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein or Superman, I just want to ride my bicycle. So that's what I'm going to do, east into the sunrise and a date with Destiny. Or Paula. Or any other girl I happen to meet.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: Moonroof

Moonroof
2 months ago#10
Golden_Torizo posted...
Moonroof posted...

Howdy Moonroof what about the usefulness of the Cabin Key and Franklin Badge? I can maybe see use for the badge but not the key. Can it be dropped?

Thanks..

Escargo Express the former item as soon as you use it but keep the latter item as it is useful throughout the game, but only for the one who has it stored in his or her inventory.
  1. Boards
  2. EarthBound
  3. Group Playthrough Chapter 2: Twoson and Happy Happy Village

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived