Hiring

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
8 years ago#21
Happy to see you too. ^.^
The Threads of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
Firtenrosa-Quatensa

User Info: kawaiifan

kawaiifan
7 years ago#22
*bakes cookies, and shares* OO<(^.^<)
kawaiifan misses her gfaqs9 ;.;

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
7 years ago#23
mmm. I love your cookies! just as much as I love hiring Wyverns now.
The Threads of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
Firtenrosa-Quatensa

User Info: Ticondera

Ticondera
7 years ago#24
I always cringe when the turn passes after i hire warriors.. although they seems to like that Eadric, maybe lucky but they didn't abandon me, i was able to seriously kill old essy' before they left. (attacking everymonth), not much troops + warriors = fences ftw.

then again once you get the crown its gg.

Generally speaking fachan owns house. and i can't help but laugh when he's moving.
*waddles arm in middle of chest*

Lizards = worse than Fancis and Lenne's love child.

User Info: Seyal

Seyal
7 years ago#25
I don't do much hiring either.

About the only time I do is if it's Warriors, etc. Otherwise, I'll just wait for Pastha's until I get a gem and meanwhile bulid my army ASAP. (I usually play as Gweyn Tordin - so no gem, fame, or good generals)
And then, we do stuff like, "Persona!" with our Personas and beat the crap outta Shadows... - Yukiko

User Info: Waffen8888

Waffen8888
7 years ago#26
Gweyn is fun. Surviving at first can be a little tricky, but once you get going your nigh unstoppable. I make sure to take out Eselred first and get the crown hehe. After that it's all down hill.
"Now there's a face to break a few thousand mirrors!" - Shirox from Dragon Force

User Info: nakkanoodle

nakkanoodle
7 years ago#27
Thank you everyone for the Gemfire tips! *offers hugs* <(^.^<)

I always cringe when the turn passes after i hire warriors..

So do I -- it seems that I can't get them to stay, until I reach the point in the game where I don't need them anymore ;.;
kawaiifan on a donated account ^.^

Ticondera
7 years ago#28
Hiring merc's does make for a slower game if you plan on a "computer" mentality
(every province needs a 5th! even the ones that have no border!)

Olg-hai does look neat, Gargoyles are a great way to upset opponents early.

I'm a fan of "leveling the field" and making the grand family split, one in each province about 500 - 600 troops before the split + a merc, I may have the crown and gems (not being used) so its all 5th unit hires all the time. It spices the game up that extra little bit i like.

Although I do feel bad for the provinces stuck with only a bugbear before the split happens.

(when this is done while Anslem is alive i find he has the best "stats / province built" even if everyone started as equal as possible.)
This Message has been brought to you by Viking All Beef Cola!

Ticondera
7 years ago#29
Something weird happened last night i've never seen.

Scenerio 3: Owen [war88] vs Eselred [war46]-(himself) battling over province 21

I had hired Shooters and decimated a sad army, however Eselreds archers decided to make a retaliation, 8 archers frontal assault on 150 shooters. damage = 0

never before have i seen archers attack for 0, heck i've seen 3 archers do 2 damage to more men (usually knights), and i've seen footmen deal 0 damage, but never archers.
This Message has been brought to you by Viking All Beef Cola!

User Info: nakkanoodle

nakkanoodle
7 years ago#30
Welcome Ticondera! *huggles* <(^.^<)

never before have i seen archers attack for 0, heck i've seen 3 archers do 2 damage to more men (usually knights), and i've seen footmen deal 0 damage, but never archers.

Eek ^.^;;
I wonder if this was due to the difference in war ability, the frontal assault, the target being a fifth unit, that fifth unit being Shooters, the Shooters being numerous, or some combination of these ... or just one of those random occurrences?
kawaiifan on a donated account ^.^

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived