Unanswered Question Topic II

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Lagoon
  3. Unanswered Question Topic II

User Info: StarFighters76

StarFighters76
7 years ago#161
Indeed, it lasted so long, and I was actually mentioning about when I first made an FAQ for this game, which was one of my earliest piece of works.
"How much is a large water? - 50 cents" "How much is a free water? - O_o"
1,000 maps goal achieved on 04/12/2010!

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
7 years ago#162
Oh my fault >.<

I'm REALLY hoping for a Virtual Console release on the Wii for this game someday. That'd be amazing.
I AM ERROR.

StarFighters76
7 years ago#163
Well we just did get Final Fantasy Mystic Quest yesterday, so anything is possible.

User Info: ChampionOfLight

ChampionOfLight
7 years ago#164

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was another that had some decent music in it.
Simplified RPG for sure, but not too bad a time-killer and escape from all the over-wrought serious nature of many newer RPGs out there.

It was just poorly marketed was all. I clearly remember it because all the discount stores in my area were carrying the title and hawking it, along with mall specialty stores like Software Etc and Babbages. SquareSoft was trying to throw something together for the kiddies, but it still didn't really catch on. The die-hard FF fans were seeking something after beating the previous year's FF IV (released as FF II originally) became the cult hit that it was then,

MQ and Lagoon made up my RPG slate in the first half of 1993. Good times those were.

StarFighters76
7 years ago#165
Yeah and now that Mystic Quest is on the VC, it just got better.

StarFighters76
7 years ago#166
Bumping again!

StarFighters76
6 years ago#167
Don't let me be the only one doing this now!

User Info: lagoon_remake

lagoon_remake
6 years ago#168
You are not the only one here =) Well I guess i have to sign myself up for a big fail. I had a good starting progress with the remake, but soon it became clear that I was missing how to structure a game in good way that supports all the complicated conditions and interactions. Just take the newer Street fighters game and look at the gameflow and interaction during a fight. There is not a single static context at all, different characters will play out unique combos or even quicktime events or mini-games. How do you structure your code so that you seemingless can insert these rules, special rules and exceptions to the rules O_o.

The fast answer is just to have a clear design of it and hardcode the crap out of it. But since i most definately would like to extend or create something new after the remake, hardcoding is not gonna cut it. So during the time I was trying research about this, school started again and I have been quite busy since then. But I will not back down on this. Somehow i will manage to recreate this dear childhood memory and give it the proper attention it deserves.

One contribtion that I can share for now, came to me while I was sleeping. I had a dream about Lagoon and a very clear memory of a particular level/area. It was called something in line with Path of Courage and was very similar to first path of dwarfens cave. You were just supposed to go upwards, and for each new screen transition, it got slightly harder. The lights started to pulse between complete darkness and light. There were disappering plattforms simliar to the ones in mega man that you had to memorize. I even remember roughly how the tileset looked like, being bricks of sandstone as main theme.

Anyhow, I need to sit down with a pen and paper, and define my first initial structure that seems plausible on paper that i can work on. Once I have it on a list, perhaps i can start the progress then.

Hope this thread stays alive as always =)

StarFighters76
6 years ago#169
Well hopefully you'll be able to come up with some good stuff.

StarFighters76
6 years ago#170
Super bump!
  1. Boards
  2. Lagoon
  3. Unanswered Question Topic II

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived