How long did it take you to figure out

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Metroid
  3. How long did it take you to figure out

User Info: Master75

Master75
8 years ago#1
-spoilers-

-
-
-
-

that you need to power bomb the glass tube? I know it's vague... but it's the water part of miridia.

anyways, it took me a good two hours and looking at the map... i feel foolish
- ><> - fish -

User Info: noneshallpass

noneshallpass
8 years ago#2
It took me a long long time. I believe years of not playing it for months and then finally going back to it and exploring, getting frustrated and putting it down for a few more months.

Then one day I was playing it with a friend of mine that loved the game like I did. I had narrowed it down to the small section of Meridia that you can explore, and finally put together the glass tube and the shattered one in a corridor near it.

"Wait...if that one is broken, then maybe..."
Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof

User Info: kirbymuncher

kirbymuncher
8 years ago#3
I knew it before I even had power bombs, because I had played metroid prime. There's a similar tube before you get the ice spreader.
So what happens after FE10?
Astrid becomes a professional comedian by showing off her base stats-WaterofDarkness

Master75
8 years ago#4
^yes, but in metroid prime, there's a scan vision to help you figure it out.
- ><> - fish -

User Info: videogamer1030

videogamer1030
8 years ago#5
Not long at all because I had played Prime 2 beforehand.

User Info: yellowshinygold

yellowshinygold
8 years ago#6
the glass tube is something a gamer has inside,and actually Metroid Zero Mission has a glass to be broken by the power bomb.

actually i started using Super missiles to see if it was like that,but then i used the power bomb.

Master75
8 years ago#7
Assuming one had never played the other metroid games before, could you see how it may seem difficult?
- ><> - fish -

User Info: Black_Mage_Nuke

Black_Mage_Nuke
8 years ago#8
When I got the Power Bombs. When I saw the glass tube, I did everything I could to break it, because I believed it could be broken.
Upon gaining new weaponry, I'd try it on the tube, even if it didn't make sense.
When I eventually got the Power Bombs (And tried one out.), I figured that if they couldn't do it, nothing would.
My Gaming Backlog.
http://backloggery.com/systemeth

User Info: BiscuitThi3f

BiscuitThi3f
8 years ago#9
I'd always known it. I saw my dad do it when I was like four. *Laughs*

No idea how long it took him, though.
"Medicine is the only profession that labours incessantly to destroy the reason for its own existence." - James Bryce.

User Info: stevegauch

stevegauch
8 years ago#10
heres a good question:
when you did powerbomb the tube, did you have the gravity suit, and if not, how long did you take trying to get back out of the room [assuming you were in the middle of the tube of course]?
I remember flying all around but never far enough up. too at least 15 minutes, maybe a half hour the first time XD
From Alfran: Watch me launch a nuke from 10 feet away and remain virtually unscathed!
From some I refute "this isn't fallout" thread
  1. Boards
  2. Super Metroid
  3. How long did it take you to figure out

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived