Still worth buying?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rome: Total War
  3. Still worth buying?

User Info: Robertoey

Robertoey
9 years ago#1
Curious, is this still worth buying if I already own Medieval 2: Total War?

User Info: Deaconi

Deaconi
9 years ago#2
I'd say so yes. I always seem to come back to this game. It has some sort of hold over me I can't quite describe haha.
.:||:. PSN: SaintVectis .:||:.
"For a lonely soul, you're having such a nice time"

User Info: whatthehell

whatthehell
9 years ago#3
Yes. EB (Europa Barbararorum) is, in my opinion, a spectacular mod. I am stuck playing that. And I have M2 as well.
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive---Robert Heinlein

User Info: TheLunaDivider

TheLunaDivider
9 years ago#4

Well, you're asking a RTW forum whether you play RTW...

If you're already used to Med2, then I think it'll be hard to go back to the graphically inferior units of RTW. But EB is a great mod.

User Info: TheLastAvatar05

TheLastAvatar05
9 years ago#5
Agreed, once I started playing Medieval Total War 2, I could never have the heart to play Rome again as much as I did before. EB really wasn't my cup of tea to be honest.
What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz

User Info: C3rno

C3rno
9 years ago#6
Definitely worth buying. From what I hear, you can get the Gold Edition for only 20 bucks these days. I have both Rome and Medieval II and I find myself coming back to this more often due to Europa Barbarorum. I've probably played this game more than any other PC game out there.

User Info: narfman562001

narfman562001
9 years ago#7
It's 20 bucks for Gold edition on Steam but I reccomend buying a hard copy because it will probably be easier to install and use mods.

And yes, worth buying.
"We shall double our efforts."
-Moff Jerjerrod

User Info: Robertoey

Robertoey
9 years ago#8

Thanks everyone.

1. Boards
  2. Rome: Total War
  3. Still worth buying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived