Cannot play online, tried everything

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rome: Total War
  3. Cannot play online, tried everything

User Info: dzini

dzini
9 years ago#1
I cannotplay online no matter what, my firewall and internet modem/router network everything, I checked them and they are fine, I used to be able to play online a few years back, then i stopped playing, and now I'm playing again and cant play online.
I can connect ot he lobbies, chat even, but when I try to host a game no one can join and when I try to join a game, it always says no response from host or failed to join game or failed to join game (gs)

please help

User Info: SpartanWave

SpartanWave
9 years ago#2

I think i know wwhat is your problem maybe you have to update your game to 1.5 then you can play online i did it to.

when you go to options then you see to the right ver. and the 1.1 1.2 1.3 or 1.5 take a look.

-

You Want War I Give You War !!!!!

dzini
9 years ago#3
yes I updated :(
checked EVERYTHING
trust me

dzini
9 years ago#4
help please :(

User Info: ng1294

ng1294
9 years ago#5
On the multiplayer screen hit the change CD key button and type in your key with hyphens and everything and make it look exactly the same. If this doesn't work I don't know what to tell you bud. Too bad if it doesn't, I bet you'd be pretty good online

User Info: TheDarkarch

TheDarkarch
9 years ago#6
I played Rome Total War for years, constantly getting booted off or disconnected, i tried to get people to hurry and build their armies before i was kicked, i could never figure out why i couldnt play online, most of the time i couldnt get on at all, then i tried something one day that worked...its your router... you need to directly hook your dsl to your computer, not through the router, for some reason playing on a router messes up the whole thing, same way on AVP2 cant host your own server if ur on a router, so try that

dzini
9 years ago#7
thanks, will try! :D
anything's worth a shot at this stage, and I'll report back..
  1. Boards
  2. Rome: Total War
  3. Cannot play online, tried everything

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived