SPQR mod

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ice_Cold1313

Ice_Cold1313
7 years ago#1
I'm thinking about grabbing a mod again and I was thinking about this one (I have played RTR and EB before). Can anyone give me a brief outline of what makes this mod different as well as some pros and cons? Also does it decrease the performance of the game like I found EB had done when I had it installed a while back?

Also if someone could give me a direct link to somewhere I could download it that would be cool, but that's not absolutely necessary, I'm just asking because I'm lazy lol.

User Info: ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter
7 years ago#2
I've never played SPQR, so don't take my word as gospel - I'm getting them secondhand:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4328577#post4328577

Should take you to post 3, which has download links.

SPQR is designed specifically for the player to be the Romans. Zero-turn Recruitment is on, so it's possible to recruit multiple units in one turn - this goes for the player and (much more importantly) for the AI. SPQR has a script, apparently similar to the one for EB in that it needs to be activated each time - two things that were noted in a 'help guide' is a 4-turn year and a 'Spawn Garrison' script that creates a full stack inside a city you besiege. Supposedly the battles actually require tactical skill as well, although I'm not sure how it's applied in-game statwise. Legion units seem to be 'numbered' somehow, although again I'm not sure how it works.

SPQR does require a clean install of Rome v 1.5 - unlike EB, it modifies certain game files and makes it incompatible with other mods.
"Akira! Oh, how that lonesome sound brings me back. At the end, I am an anime otaku at heart."
"... What?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived