The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Md. Tanks vs Neotanks?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: biggestnoobever

biggestnoobever
5 years ago#1
I hope this board is not dead enough to get some replies.

As we all know and Md. Tank costs 16000
and NeoTank costs 22000

In other words, you can get 8 Neotanks
with the same amount of money to buy 11 Md. Tanks

Lets assume that for some reason you are going to constantly build either Md. Tanks and Neotanks, but only one kind, and you are not drowning with money to build Neos very often (or Md Tanks for that matter)

I was looking at the damage chart
http://warswiki.warscentral.com/Damage#Damage_Charts

Remember than money wise 11 Md. Tanks = 8 Neotanks

if you were to battle against Neotanks, the Neos would do 55% damage in certain conditions, and an Md. would do 45% in the same conditions. You are doing 10% more damage with the Neos and you have 8 of them, that means you do 80% more damage than with 8 Md Tanks.

But if you have enough money for 8 Neos you can have 11 Md., that means those 3 extra tanks do 45% X 3 = 135% more damage and obviously 80% < 135%

Having more units would let you distribute the damage, both taken and given, more efficiently, and probably you would have more possibilities to survive to an attack or get to a city. Of course Neos have one more space for movement, but you can produce Md. faster.

Oh and I usually use Andy for whatever reason (probably because he is neither the best or a bad CO), and I am thinking its powers would benefit more from having more units.

Here are other comparisons for damage given

-----------------11 x Md Tank-----8 x Neotank
Infantry-------........1155..................1000
Mech----------.......1045....................920
Light Tank---.........935....................840
Md. Tank-----.........605....................600
NeoTank----.........495.....................440
Recon-------.........1155.................1000
Anti-Air-------........1155...................920
Artillery------.........1155...................920
Rockets-----........1155.................1000
Missiles-----........1155.................1000
APC----------.........1155.................1000

If this WERE a fair comparison, your money seems to be better put into Md. Tanks than Neotanks, of course Neos would still be better under certain circumstances

Either ignoring or taking my CO preference into account, would Md. Tanks be a better option than Neotanks?

User Info: Yargitsu99z

Yargitsu99z
5 years ago#2
Don't be so stats-obsessed: produce a clever, balanced force under the terrain's conditions.
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]

User Info: lDarkdrak

lDarkdrak
5 years ago#3
Neotanks moves faster, have more ammunitions and more gas. That is one thing, also, the usufullness of the units changes a lot depending on the map, your income, your current army, the opponents army and your CO. Do you need faster units? do you need to break through a small choke??? in some situation md tanks are better but in others neotanks are better. Advance wars is not a game where you can say x unit is always better than y.
Beware, I live!

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
5 years ago#4
One more neotank = one less artillery compared to a Md Tank.

It's not really much of a trade beyond the situation where you NEED that OHK.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived