New CO ideas?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: duh1177

duh1177
4 years ago#11
Higgs - A Black Hole CO who has mastered the art of mind control. Counterpart of Kanbei.
D2D - Due to most troops being mind controlled, units disband when the HP counter reaches 2 or less. Units are 120/120.
COP - Mind Control - 100/110 for all units. The three most expensive units are converted from any opponents side to your side. Tie breakers are determined by shortest distance to an allied unit, followed by least spent ammo, followed by most full fuel tank.
SCOP - Master of the Mind - 100/110 for all units. All opposing units lose 2 HP, and spawn an identical unit adjacent to them on your side with 2 HP.
xxxxXXX Star Meter
EDIT: In hindsight, giving a CO a SCOP that is essentially Sturm's wet dream for only 7 stars seems just a tad bit overpowered.

Jim - A wandering rouge who is skilled at guerrilla tactics. Joined Orange Star when they offered him a place to stay.
D2D- Adjacent units of the same type will increase attack power by 5% per adjacent HP. If a unit has no allied unit adjacent to it, attack power drops by 10%.
COP - Strength in Numbers - Attack and Defense are increased by 1% for amount of units you control
SCOP - Power of the Horde - Attack and Defense are increased by 2% for amount of units you control
xxxXXXX Star Meter
Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer and that means I solve problems.
OK, so I'm not an engineer yet, but I'm on my way.

User Info: OutlawCorwin

OutlawCorwin
4 years ago#12
You got some cool concepts. Higgs feels perfect for Black Hole, though I'd fear a major rivalry with Hawke as well. He doesn't seem the type to appreciate higher ranking people, or even competition for being the best. But maybe I just got the wrong image of his personality in mind, that's easily possible.

As for his powers, his passive is fun. Effectively has 8 hit point units. I'd change the fluff storyline for it some tho. Such as, he doesn't actually mind control his men. He instead unlocks limits or some such. But the drawback is destabilization at low hp, same as you said. Just different explanation. His COP stats look fine, but the abilities of both CO powers are definitely overkill. Especially in pvp he'd wreck. Perhaps make his COP convert units destroyed on that turn. So if you bombed a neotank w/5 hp left, instead of destroying it, the neotank becomes yours. But still with 5 hp. Similarly, his SCOP would not only convert the unit, but then allow that unit to be moved. Frankly it's hilarious to imagine the domino effect possible. Bomber converts a neotank converts a tank converts a missiles converts an b-copter converts a mech etc. Hard to pull off w/lower & lower hp, but still!

Oh, and Jim looks pretty much perfect. My god I can't believe it. Kudos
Something relevant.

User Info: duh1177

duh1177
4 years ago#13
OutlawCorwin posted...
You got some cool concepts. Higgs feels perfect for Black Hole, though I'd fear a major rivalry with Hawke as well. He doesn't seem the type to appreciate higher ranking people, or even competition for being the best. But maybe I just got the wrong image of his personality in mind, that's easily possible.

As for his powers, his passive is fun. Effectively has 8 hit point units. I'd change the fluff storyline for it some tho. Such as, he doesn't actually mind control his men. He instead unlocks limits or some such. But the drawback is destabilization at low hp, same as you said. Just different explanation. His COP stats look fine, but the abilities of both CO powers are definitely overkill. Especially in pvp he'd wreck. Perhaps make his COP convert units destroyed on that turn. So if you bombed a neotank w/5 hp left, instead of destroying it, the neotank becomes yours. But still with 5 hp. Similarly, his SCOP would not only convert the unit, but then allow that unit to be moved. Frankly it's hilarious to imagine the domino effect possible. Bomber converts a neotank converts a tank converts a missiles converts an b-copter converts a mech etc. Hard to pull off w/lower & lower hp, but still!

Oh, and Jim looks pretty much perfect. My god I can't believe it. Kudos

I get what you're saying, but I've always hated the whole "if you destroy/kill it, it becomes yours" explanation in video games. It just rubs the wrong way when I see a unit explode in the battle animation, and then it pops up under my control on the map. And it also makes it seem more like he's commandeering the enemies' vehicles and I was kind of going for a more "mystical" approach.

Anyway, I was basically looking at Drakes and Olaf's SCOPs, and to a lesser extent Hawke's, and comparing it to Higgs. Drake and Olaf both get their SCOP at 7, but Higgs' not only smacks their entire army for 2, but he also has a pseudo-Von Bolt effect in their army has to now deal with an entire proxy army sitting right in front of them. As for Mind Control, I'm thinking maybe another star could balance it, so his meter will look more like xxxxxXXXX or xxxxxXXXXX.

Also, Master of the Mind would have to spawn units with 3 HP instead of 2, because otherwise they'd get wiped out by his D2D. Oops.
Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer and that means I solve problems.
OK, so I'm not an engineer yet, but I'm on my way.

User Info: Flow_149

Flow_149
4 years ago#14
Brick- A Large Black Hole CO who specializes in defense, slow but very methodical
Hit: Pumping Iron
Miss: Recklessness

oooOOOOO
All air units, tanks, cruisers and apcs are 100/130 at the cost of -1 movement speed
COP Heavy Metal: All units are healed for 2hp and receive a defense boost
SCOP Unstoppable Force: All units receive a massive defense boost and gain +2 to movement, the power of enemy indirect attacks is reduced by 50%

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived