Fog of War

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: silvermaiden

silvermaiden
4 months ago#1
I've been playing the crap out of Dual Strike, but decided to pick this one up again since I never finished the single player. Dual Strike has me spoiled. I love fog of war because of how strategic it is, but I'm really disappointed that they throw it all out the window in AW2. I didn't take long for me to notice that the computer cheats, and can see you if you're not in a forest. It's total bs, and as of now has ruined what was up to that point a good experience.

I want to slap the Japanese guy who thought that was a good idea.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
4 months ago#2
Honestly, it was likely for performance reasons.

The AI had some significant performance and capability upgrades between AW1/2 and AWDS. The AI already takes its time on the GBA games pathing and working out what its doing (and is still pretty dumb and a lot of its calculations are braindead simple). The significant RAM boost from the DS let them make things significantly more complex, having spent some time documenting the AI code it's much, much more complex which is why they now follow the rules (despite still cheating a little) in DS.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived