Gem Polishing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: CobraGT

CobraGT
5 years ago#1
Consider this. You have an A gem and you polish it repeatedly until it is Q. The most expensive polishing tier is the one for P gems. 1 1/2 million Gald. An A gem goes A -> C -> E -> G -> I -> K -> M -> O-> Q and skips the P tier. Polishing a gem from A seems to be cheaper than starting with a P gem and polishing a P gem to Q!

Geometric progression, hmm ... Anyhow polishing a gem from C to Q is cheaper than polishing a gem from P to Q.
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/PicsNao/

User Info: KryptoPyro13

KryptoPyro13
5 years ago#2
I'll keep this in mind.

...Too bad I'm bankrupt from buying the stupid worthless Eleth Mod titles. >_>
"I expected disappointment. In that regard, I was not disappointed."
Iwata: "Betrayal that makes the fans happy!"

User Info: mosspit

mosspit
5 years ago#3
CobraGT posted...
Anyhow polishing a gem from C to Q is cheaper than polishing a gem from P to Q.

C to Q? I think you mean C to P?

Anyways, I read a post from a gem polishing thread and it was good advice. To hit the higher gem levels for book completion, it is cheaper and faster to polish gems with skewed effects eg. Effect A[7] / Effect B[1] as far as polishing goes. Once level of the higher effects maxes or hits the level you like, use dualize to get gems you want. Need a little testing beforehand to check if the effects don't get messed up during dualize.

CobraGT
5 years ago#4
a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q

a -> c -> e -> g -> i -> k -> m -> o -> q

You skip from "oh" to "cu." You skip every other level.

Regarding dualizing vs polishing:

If your effects come off a weapon in short supply such as a weapon with random effects or you want a particular quality on the gem such as Nataliated, it is way faster to collect the Gald. Right now I know enough about dualizing that my Dreamer's Flange + 4 sold for over 800, 000 gald. I used garbage shards on the Dreamer's Flange (and the info in the dualizing faq ).
GoldenSun/Crossbone Isle diagrams/ 18 teams known http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/SwordOfWheat/Weyard/PicsNao/
(message deleted)

mosspit
5 years ago#6
Ok. I think i got what you are trying to say.

Edit: If refering to original statement of
Anyhow polishing a gem from C to Q is cheaper than polishing a gem from P to Q.

It kinda depends. If you start with a gem with Effect A [3] / Effect B [1], your actual progression is C (3/1) > E (4/2) > G (5/3) > I (6/4) > K (7/5) > M (8/6) > O (9/7) > P (9/8) > Q (9/9)

In this case, the P to Q step is not skipped even though you started at C so it is not cheaper. In this case.

mosspit
5 years ago#7
CobraGT posted...

Regarding dualizing vs polishing:

If your effects come off a weapon in short supply such as a weapon with random effects or you want a particular quality on the gem such as Nataliated, it is way faster to collect the Gald. Right now I know enough about dualizing that my Dreamer's Flange + 4 sold for over 800, 000 gald. I used garbage shards on the Dreamer's Flange (and the info in the dualizing faq ).

I personally made a S gem with restore that is only available on weapons. The way I did it is to get a gem with the effect and polish it to something like Restore [7] / Random effect [5]. After which I dualize the gem to get a lower secondary like Restore [7] / Random effect [1] which drops the gem level and makes it cheaper for polishing. In this case, I am not against polishing, I simply saying you can incorporate dualizing to reduce the polishing cost when you are creating High level gems.

For those special cameo qualities, it is easier to just polish which I assume helps in not changing the quality. However, doing so will only net you a Q gem at best. (Unless you end up with 2 gems with the same special quality... maybe).

CobraGT
5 years ago#8
I personally made a S gem with restore that is only available on weapons. The way I did it is to get a gem with the effect and polish it to something like Restore [7] / Random effect [5]. After which I dualize the gem to get a lower secondary like Restore [7] / Random effect [1] which drops the gem level and makes it cheaper for polishing. In this case, I am not against polishing, I simply saying you can incorporate dualizing to reduce the polishing cost when you are creating High level gems.

That is genius. Thank you.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived