Am I the only one who rages at how Pascal says "Poisson?"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Graces f
  3. Am I the only one who rages at how Pascal says "Poisson?"

User Info: Kantonoso

Kantonoso
5 years ago#81
JetAurion posted...
It's ******* adorable.

This. Sometimes I run around talking to her from different angles for no real reason.
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently: pissed at Gamestop Canada for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend release date slaughtering.

User Info: Palpable

Palpable
5 years ago#82
Cette topique est tres magnifique!
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin

User Info: more_cow_bell

more_cow_bell
5 years ago#83
Have you ever met an FF7 fan who was able to accept that not everyone likes the game? A fan who could accept that someone who dislikes the game isn't just a troll or hater? A fan who admits that it IS physically possible to play it and not like it?

the ff7 boards main core is just that. those people are more of a myth anyway
So shave your face with some mace in the dark
Savin’ all your food stamps and burnin’ down the trailer park

User Info: Kantonoso

Kantonoso
5 years ago#84
Palpable posted...
Cette topique est tres magnifique!

Bien sur! C'est la verite!

(Pardon the lack of accents; I'm used to the old "Alt + 130" methods, and that was apparently phased out ages ago in favor of multilanguage keyboards... I'm not sure how to make the accents....)

more_cow_bell posted...
Have you ever met an FF7 fan who was able to accept that not everyone likes the game? A fan who could accept that someone who dislikes the game isn't just a troll or hater? A fan who admits that it IS physically possible to play it and not like it?

the ff7 boards main core is just that. those people are more of a myth anyway

1) If I dislike a game, why on earth would I willingly go right into the core of it's fanbase? I'm not a troll. Someone who goes to a game's forum and is like "yo, I don't like it" is just looking for negative attention.

2) They're clearly NOT a myth if they mass invaded a few forums I used to run so hard that we had no choice but to abandon ship. Not to mention, I've met FF7 fans IRL that picked literal fistfights in public (It happens at least twice a month normally, 5 times a month when I'm attending college) when my response to their fanboysim was simply "I'm not a fan."
PSN: Ranylyn. Currently: pissed at Gamestop Canada for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend release date slaughtering.

User Info: gamer65926592

gamer65926592
5 years ago#85
gamer65926592 posted...
GoldPhalanx posted...
gamer65926592 posted...

Well....it's a French name, so that makes sense.

ITP: I said it wasn't.

How do you go about saying "Poisson" isn't French when it obviously is?

please answer the question.

Are you..... Nvm.....

Wow.... I can't believe I'm having to explain this... When did I say it wasn't French?!?!

You said you hate the fact that the game "goes French." I don't think it's too egregious a jump in logic for the poster who originally called you a bigot to detect some anti-French sentiments in that statement. Whether or not you intended it that way doesn't make the response any less justifiable. *shrugs*

ITP: I have to desire French influence in all of my games where I don't feel it belongs in order to not be considered a bigot.

...why doesn't it belong?

Because the game has no other names that are pronounced with this heavy of an accent. I am even set toward not having included ANY of the even "less" heavily French-accented names at all.

-Children! Bunch of children, the lot of you!
-Uses meme as a comeback
-Still doesn't answer how Poisson is otherwise pronounced
-Mockmockmock

seems legit.
didn't know horses grew that high, either.

WOW! Do you not understand what "ITP" means?! I NEVER said that's not how you pronounce it.

gamer65926592 posted...
gamer65926592 posted...
Lol TC quit while you're ahead. Its pronounced properly and that's why we love it.

While I'm ahead? ROFLMAO. You're such a threat. I'm so afraid of what you might do to me if I don't "stop while I'm ahead."
http://i45.tinypic.com/21l6a6q.jpg

So you love literally every single word in every single game that's pronounced correctly?

beautiful troll topic.

Troll: Someone who disagrees with me.

Never claimed to be an Internet Tough Guy but eh ok. If you think I'm trying to be a threat than ooookay. And yes, I love when words are pronounced correctly. Cause when they aren't, then that's just sloppy. Not that hard o understand. If I had your mindset, id hate the way most names in anime were pronounced

xD HAHAHAHA. So let me get this straight, you LOVE pronunciation but spelling and grammar mean nothing? LOL. Hahaha. I'm literally laughing out loud. What am I "ahead of" if you're not trying to be an internet tough guy?

ay caramba.

or, for you, ey cahraymbuh

*has no valid comeback*

*resorts to childish mockery*

Well...no. I never said spelling and grammar meant nothing. You're kinda just making stuff up now dude

I was saying yours is horrible. Omg. I can't believe the things I'm having to spell out for some of you people. This board HAS to be filled with UaU's.
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia.

gamer65926592
5 years ago#86
Wow.... I can't believe I'm having to explain this... When did I say it wasn't French?!?!

Well....it's a French name, so that makes sense.
ITP: I said it wasn't.

I feel like I'm being trolled. There is no WAY someone can be this.... Nvm.....

Apparently the TC doesn't know who Siméon Poisson was. Or Blaise Pascal. Or Joseph Fourier or Pierre de Fermat or Carl Gauss.

Otherwise he might understand the theme and pattern behind Poisson's name and why she was named as such.

ITP: That has anything to do with me not caring for the influence of the name or the pronunciation of it.

... Why do you care so much? Actually, a more pressing question is; Why has this topic gone on for so long? Why do you all care? If he doesn't like it, there's no changing his mind.

Now I'm going to do something no one in this thread has even thought to do 'cus they were too busy flaming you, and that's answer the topic title.

You're probably not the only one in the WORLD that's raging at it, they're might be at least one more person in the world who is. I personally have no problem with it and I kind of like it.

one guy doesnt like how a name sounds, then the tales of baby crying defense force shows up. LOL fanbase makes the CoD and FF fanbase look like the most well mannered.

These. Hard. In response to your question, Kite, it simply sounds ugly. Idk how to explain it. It just hits me so hard out of nowhere when the rest of the game sounds like nearly perfect English.

LOL, I got called an angsty teen, that's HILARIOUS.

I'm 23. Yup. Twenteen three is totally a teenager.

Before you attack others, TC, get the facts.

I called you a xenophobic bigot based on the fact that you were all "OMG it's FRENCH I HATE IT!" SO clearly your tolerance of languages besides your own is at a juvenile or indoctrinated level.

You called me an angsty teen based on what, exactly? Defending whatever you were insulting? If I was an angsty teen, I'd go brood over it or something.

Oh wait. Except I'm not.

LOL. I love how you are STILL acting like a teen when trying to prove your point of not being one by twisting my words.

LMAO! Check into a rehab facility OP.. this is just..... sad... I can understand people not liking stuff in certain games... but a name... WTH!

Wow. Yet another UaU who doesn't even know what rehab is for.
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia.

Palpable
5 years ago#87
Il est trop facile de se moquer de vous.

Mais, je ne me moquerai pas de vous. :)

However, this topic isn't fun anymore. Also, my French is rusty.

It just hits me so hard out of nowhere when the rest of the game sounds like nearly perfect

"Cheria"
"Fourier"
"Cryas"
"Noko"
"Moji-kun"
"Turtlez"
"Paella"
"Bouillabaisse"
"Pasta Vongole"
"Yakisoba Noodles"
"Natto"
"Fried Manju"
"-au [x]"
"Quiche"
"Strahteme"
"Haute Couture"
"Eau de Peau"
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin

gamer65926592
5 years ago#88
Il est trop facile de se moquer de vous.

Mais, je ne me moquerai pas de vous. :)

However, this topic isn't fun anymore. Also, my French is rusty.

It just hits me so hard out of nowhere when the rest of the game sounds like nearly perfect

"Cheria"
"Fourier"
"Cryas"
"Noko"
"Moji-kun"
"Turtlez"
"Paella"
"Bouillabaisse"
"Pasta Vongole"
"Yakisoba Noodles"
"Natto"
"Fried Manju"
"-au [x]"
"Quiche"
"Strahteme"
"Haute Couture"
"Eau de Peau"

Most of those aren't even said throughout the game. I could care less about spelling. English has spelling influences from all kinds of languages. The ones that are said are rarely said also. So most of the game still sounds like English.

Palpable
5 years ago#89
Cheria, cryas, and Fourier aren't infrequently said at all.

And if they were "Americanized," it'd be Cheria, as in cherry, cryas, as in "cry-ass," or Fourier, as in "four-rear."

"Poisson" is pronounced "pwah-sawn." So drive on down to Home Depot with me, buy some 2x4's and a hammer and some nails, build a bridge, and get over it.

gamer65926592
5 years ago#90
Cheria, cryas, and Fourier aren't infrequently said at all.

Cheria and cryas don't sound as immensely French as "Poisson" does to me so I don't care about them. Fourier is quite infrequent also. Definitely infrequent enough for me to not care that much.

And if they were "Americanized," it'd be Cheria, as in cherry, cryas, as in "cry-ass," or Fourier, as in "four-rear."
K

"Poisson" is pronounced "pwah-sawn." So drive on down to Home Depot with me, buy some 2x4's and a hammer and some nails, build a bridge, and get over it.
WOW. UUA. Lololol. That was the most pathetic thing I've ever read in my life.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Graces f
  3. Am I the only one who rages at how Pascal says "Poisson?"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived