A newbie 'CC' question....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Graces f
  3. A newbie 'CC' question....

User Info: sumstoner

sumstoner
2 months ago#1
Why are the CC stats for characters and weapons in 2 numbers? Like 9-12 for example. What does the first number mean, 9, as well as 12? Is 9 what u get with a potential for 12 if certain requirements are met? Any info will be greatly appreciated, thanks
I sleep diagonal in my bed, when you're there,
I sleep lengthwise, and when you're gone,

User Info: Delta123456789

Delta123456789
2 months ago#2
I'm a little rusty and you'll probably want to check the FAQs for a full explanation of game mechanics, but here are some basics on CC:

-All weapons have two values (e.g. 2-4). These values are your Min CC and Max CC. Certain character passive skills obtained from titles can also raise these numbers (get these ASAP).
-CC are basically your action points, and will quickly regenerate after you pause attacking.
-Min CC is the size of the CC pool you start a battle with.
-Max CC is the largest CC pool you can have during a battle.
-Every time your CC regenerates (e.g. if you do an attack then pause to recharge) your pool will increase by 1, until it reaches your Max CC, after which it will start going down again. Essentially, your CC pool will fluctuate between your Min CC and Max CC over the course of a battle.
-Getting a critical hit raises your Min CC by 1 for the current battle. You can get a crit by filling your critical bar (guard auras help with this) then striking an enemy. You can keep doing this until your Min CC equals your Max CC.
-Getting KO'd resets your character back to their Min CC.

This is a little hard to follow but basically your CC (action point) pool will vary between your Min CC and Max CC over the course of a battle. Min CC is especially important on higher difficulties as you'll be dying and being revived a lot and won't have as much opportunity to raise your Max CC via critical hits.

Basically to keep your CC as high as possible get as many critical hits as you can (use guard auras between attacks to make this happen faster) and avoid getting KO'd.
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.

sumstoner
2 months ago#3
Well that totally helps and makes perfect sense, thank you. Is there a max limit or cap on how much CC one can aquire? I know you can dualize weapons and armor to like level 99 or 100 so will CC increase for each level or is it capped off somewhere?

Delta123456789
2 months ago#4
CC won't go up every time you upgrade the weapon, only after a specific number of upgrades (see the customisation FAQ for more details). Given the costs involved, you may want to simply buy new gear on a first run instead of upgrading them. The hard cap for Min/Max CC is 30, but even in the end game you won't reach that without a ton of weapon customisation.

That said once you complete the main story and progress to the epilogue arc you can unlock the Accel ability, basically a character-specific overdrive state that instantly refills your CC to max when triggered, allowing for double the actions in a combo.

Unfortunately Tales games tend to limit your options a lot early on, and it's only near the end of the game once you have better gear and skills that your options open up a lot more. You can do really impressive things when you get there though, like the guy in this combo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHgBReB_MQ

As well as having maxed out CC and the accel ability, the guy here is using the concussive volt skill to force a knocked-down enemy up again to continue his combo. Several attacks have this "off-the-ground" (OTT) effect which allow you to use knockdown skills as part of a combo (giving you the chance to regen a little CC like in the video).

While we're at it here are a few other general pointers about the game:
-Accuracy is the most important stat by far as it governs your ability to stagger enemies, get critical hits, and how quickly you charge your Eleth Break (and how slowly the enemy charges theirs).
-Playing the game on the highest difficulty you can comfortably is highly recommended, as on high difficulties the game becomes a blast to play where you can't tank hits and therefore need to master dodging. You'll also gain more EXP, SP and gold so won't need to grind, and enemies take more damage from weakness hits, partially counteracting their increased HP.
-Customisation is never mandatory even on the highest difficulties, so don't feel forced to bother with it if you aren't enjoying it (though getting useful skills onto a gem can help).
-Setting your mages to manual control rather than semi-auto means they can spam attacks into thin air before casting a spell, significantly lowering the casting time (learning to switch to a healer and quick-casting a resurrection spell this way can help a lot if your main character goes down).
-If you decide to play on high difficulties, note that an option if your characters die is to simply perfect dodge until you trigger Eleth Break. Characters with an auto-revive passive skill will then wake up, or Cheria can use her Level 2 "Garden of Innocence" limit break to revive everyone.
-The FAQs are really useful when it comes to figuring out game systems (especially customisation which is really complicated). There's also an Asbel FAQ by the guy who made the combo video that will help a lot if you end up playing him.

That's enough wall of text for now. Hope you enjoy the game and feel free to come back if you have any questions.
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.

sumstoner
2 months ago#5
Delta, you are the bomb! Thanks again for all the great info

Delta123456789
2 months ago#6
Glad I could help. I got tons of great advice from people on this forum back when I played (the game's not always the best at explaining its systems) so it's nice to be able to pass some of that on.

One other note for if you're playing Asbel is that once you get his Infernal Torrent B-Arte, try to raise it's usage and get its mastery title skill ASAP as this will let you chain it into the powerful 4CC Void Sword A. Arte, even if you haven't unlocked the attack yet. Both artes are really great for crowd control, as even if enemies block it they'll still be unable to attack you. Hubert's Rolling Thunderbolt is another great crowd control arte you can spam with impunity :)

User Info: ShinZackra

ShinZackra
2 months ago#7
Delta123456789 posted...
-Every time your CC regenerates (e.g. if you do an attack then pause to recharge) your pool will increase by 1, until it reaches your Max CC, after which it will start going down again. Essentially, your CC pool will fluctuate between your Min CC and Max CC over the course of a battle.

This is how it works in Destiny Remake, not here.

Say your weapon has 8-12 CC: you start a battle with 8 CC. No matter how you use up your CC, it will regenerate to 8 at most until you get a critical hit. Once you get a critical, that cap goes from 8 to 9. More crits will raise it from 9 to 10, and so on up to the higher end of your weapon's CC (12 in this example). Also note that receiving a critical will lower the cap as far as the lower number for your weapon's CC (8 here).
Cheria is love. http://www.twitch.tv/BerserkerSwordsman
The future is ours to decide.

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
2 months ago#8
your minimum CC also raise when you kill an enemy or initiate an encounter by walking behind the enemy
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

Delta123456789
2 months ago#9
XtraT posted...
your minimum CC also raise when you kill an enemy or initiate an encounter by walking behind the enemy

Really? Didn't know about the "on kill" one. I used to spend ages just dodging the first enemy in the arena until I could raise my Min CC to max with critical hits.

For reference the passive skills that raise your Min/Max CC are called Raise and Exceed, so prioritise levelling up titles that grant these as skills. You can also get them as a weapon/gem effect through dualising.

Delta123456789
2 months ago#10
ShinZackra posted...
Delta123456789 posted...

This is how it works in Destiny Remake, not here.

Ah, you're right, it's been a while since I played either game so I was confusing the two. Thanks for the correction and apologies to TC for muddying the waters.

Good to see you guys by the way, nice to see other graces fans still check back here once in a while. Talking about this stuff kinda makes me miss Graces. Maybe I should start playing Zestiria again even if it's not quite the same (hear Berseria was better).
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Graces f
  3. A newbie 'CC' question....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived