Failed to connect via LAN

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Failed to connect via LAN

User Info: Saberslash

Saberslash
5 years ago#1
I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue, or if anyone can help me fix it.

I get Torchlight 2 installed on my computer and my wife's computer. I make a LAN game, and at first we could not connect to each other at all. We try all manner of rebooting steam/Torchlight 2 and finally she can connect to me.

Now she cannot connect to me at all. Just keeps saying connection failed again. But now I can connect to her LAN game for some reason..... Computers are literally feet apart, both connected to a router just a few feet away. Not wireless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar

Saberslash
4 years ago#2
Still looking for assistance. tried it again this morning and now neither of us can connect to one another....
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar

User Info: Zetamancer

Zetamancer
4 years ago#3
you need to be part of the same homegroup.
Pokemon Diamond FC: 0517 6756 4359

Saberslash
4 years ago#4
As far as I know we are both part of the same home group.

What is confusing to me is last night after fighting with it she could finally connect to me, then after a break she couldn't so I had to connect to her, and now we can't connect to each other at all...
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar

Saberslash
4 years ago#5
Zetamancer posted...
you need to be part of the same homegroup.

Wow, okay, I forgot that I had upgraded her computer recently, and I guess it got her off the home group. After I re-added her computer, I was able to instantly access my LAN game. Thank you so much for this assistance. Sorry about my last post, I was booting up her computer at the time and hadn't checked yet.

As long as it still works tonight when we try to play again, awesome. Thanks again.
PSN - Skaghar
XBox Live - Skaghar

User Info: ReallyDamnMad2

ReallyDamnMad2
4 years ago#6
do you need to buy this game multiple times to play over LAN?
Take this quarter. Go downtown, and have a RAT...GNAW THAT THING OFF YOUR FACE...

User Info: Buck_Swaggler

Buck_Swaggler
4 years ago#7
Bump, same question ^
julbull73 - Ahh message boards: Here's my opinion and why. Insert logical reasoning
Response:Your opinion is wrong.

User Info: zavlinz

zavlinz
4 years ago#8
^no. At least not for the runic version. I imagine you might with the steam version.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Failed to connect via LAN

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived