The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Better items in NG++ vs NG+?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Better items in NG++ vs NG+?

User Info: ThePHiLsTeR

ThePHiLsTeR
4 years ago#1
I read on runic forums that the best items in the game come at the end of NG+ so no need to go NG++ for best items. I did several netherlord runs in NG+ and I got several unique items repeatedly. They ranged in level 75-85. However when i do mapwork runs in maps 85-100 I get higher level items. So wouldn't going NG++ make sense in terms of better Item drops? I rather go through the story then go through mapworks.
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 32'' panasonic HDTV

User Info: p_O_

p_O_
4 years ago#2
technically but you wont find as many online games sadly, hopefully theyll patch this but its unknown if they can change that function (going through NG+ difficulties etc)

Me personally im thinking about NG++ since alchemist is so easily farmable and drops nice stuff and mapworks dont have the guaranteed uniques like netherlord+alchemist do, but i'd hate to have less online players :(
http://i.imgur.com/PFuuV.png | http://i.imgur.com/SvQK9.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Nyitu.jpg

User Info: SKA_

SKA_
4 years ago#3
i am fairly certain drops are based off monster lvl and nothing to do with NG status.
it's not easy being this awesome and modest

User Info: ThePHiLsTeR

ThePHiLsTeR
4 years ago#4
SKA_ posted...
i am fairly certain drops are based off monster lvl and nothing to do with NG status.

Yes but this is exactly my point. Netherlord+alchemist runs = lvl 75-85 items. NG++ will net me up to level 100 items because the monsters are higher level.
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 32'' panasonic HDTV

User Info: raensi_dneeht

raensi_dneeht
4 years ago#5
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
SKA_ posted...

Yes but this is exactly my point. Netherlord+alchemist runs = lvl 75-85 items. NG++ will net me up to level 100 items because the monsters are higher level.

Then you've just answered your own question, no?
Official Tentacruel of the Pokemon B2/W2 Boards
New and improved Sea Salt, now with 0% Sodium Chloride!

User Info: Mac13eth

Mac13eth
4 years ago#6
There are some items (the legendary items in particular) are only thrown into the drop mix once you click NG+. Level is also a factor, but if you grinded the map room to level 100 without ever clicking NG+, I don't think you'd have access to the Legendaries.
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.

User Info: DreCraft

DreCraft
4 years ago#7
Mac13eth posted...
There are some items (the legendary items in particular) are only thrown into the drop mix once you click NG+. Level is also a factor, but if you grinded the map room to level 100 without ever clicking NG+, I don't think you'd have access to the Legendaries.

I leveled to 100 using only the map room. I've found 2 Legendaries in there. A 65 staff and lvl 100 shotgonne.

User Info: IcyBrilliance

IcyBrilliance
4 years ago#8
Level 90+ rare sets show up in merchants in the later acts in NG++ as well. I got entire Dragonrift set this way (9 pieces) so it's a nice way to easily upgrade all your armour if you like set bonuses.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight II
  3. Better items in NG++ vs NG+?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived