Princess Remedy question re: easter eggs. [spoilers]

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Princess Remedy question re: easter eggs. [spoilers]

User Info: mutecebu

mutecebu
1 year ago#1
Hey there! I've beaten Princess Remedy on hard mode, and have some questions regarding secrets in the game. Naturally, **SPOILERS** from this point down.

Specifically, I've gotten "100%" via 79/80 hearts, 6/5 power ups (go go apathetic frog weapon), and 10/10 or whatever in everything else. I opened Jealous Chest, and healed the broken heart of my childhood friend. All this was done on Hard mode. I found the Saturnian Secret but can't figure out how to open the door.

On "Master" difficulty, I've healed 26 NPCs - *almost* enough to get to Jealous Chest but not quite.

Things I'm wondering (but don't actually tell me!):
-where's the 80th heart?
-How do I open that door?
-I notice there are 2 more endings then there are NPCs. Presumably, this means you can somehow get back up to the "Saturnian" starting area and marry the NPCs up there, and there are "alternate endings" for 2 NPCs. How do you get the alternate endings?

At this point, all I can think to do is to replay on Master mode and get Jealous Chest again.

Before you answer the above questions: Please just tell me: am I on the right track? Do I have to do it all on Master difficulty? If not, please give a generic hint. I'm very much obliged!

Lastly for Ultimortal, some comments on stuff that I found fun:
-I loved all the humor in the simple NPC dialogue.
-I love the idea of a princess using a "frog" weapon to attack a bespelled prince
-the whole setup with "hey, the prince is your age, nudge-nudge wink-wink", with the twist of "become queen, marry literally whoever you want" was nice. Jealous Chest was my first spouse.
-I found "hard" mode to be fairly easy, and "Master mode without chests" to be insanely hard - just the way I like it. When I was fighting the final boss and the bullet hell started up on the third stage, I went, "Ah, NOW I know I'm playing a Remar game." Thanks again for half a decade of fast-paced easter-egg-ridden bullet storms.

User Info: saniblues

saniblues
1 year ago#2
You got 100% because you missed one NPC, but got the Apathy buff. Look around, the 80th heart is supposed to be the Prince.

mutecebu
1 year ago#3
So, I have 79 hearts after healing the prince. Is there a secret final heart/NPC *other than* Frallan and the Prince? Or did I probably just miss something obvious?

Also, apparently you can marry an Empty Chest, in case that counts.

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
1 year ago#4
You probably missed a heart in a chest somewhere. If a house has no NPCs, there's at least one chest in it. Secret walls are marked with an X, except when the secret wall is a bunch of leaves.

Once you have 100% and all hearts (opening the Jealous Chest is not required), the door in Saturnian Secret will open.

The two extra endings are an empty chest and the Jealous Chest, which you're already found. :)
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
1 year ago#5
Also, there's only one difference on Master difficulty (besides being tougher): you get some simple fireworks and a message at the end of the game. All the secrets are the same.
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

mutecebu
1 year ago#6
Ah, I got it. I somehow neglected to heal Tulip X in the East Hurtland forest.

Doc is enamoured with my ability to find secret rooms. Daww.

Thanks for the game! Other fun things done by other members of the team:
I really like the title screen music, and the pixel-art of Remedy as she descends at the start of the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Princess Remedy question re: easter eggs. [spoilers]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived