Screen cutoff problems

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Screen cutoff problems

User Info: manofstars

manofstars
1 year ago#1
So I decided to revisit this game after having not played it in a while, and I noticed the edges of the screen were being cut off. I can barely see my health and can't read the bottom row of text. I'm running Windows 10 but I remember having the same issue back when I ran it on Windows 7. I don't remember how I fixed it but I've looked everywhere online for a solution and haven't found one yet. Is there a way to fix this?

User Info: Kaelin

Kaelin
1 year ago#2
The previous desktop monitor I had would project the display into different areas of the screen depending on the resolution I selected. There were controls on the monitor I could use to shrink/stretch or shift the display at each resolution. It was not unusual for me to have a decent amount of black space or for the display to be cut off by default when moving into a new resolution. If you may possibly have this problem, you may be able to rectify it using your monitor controls after entering the game.

Iji does not have a widescreen display, so for widescreen monitors (ones with a 16:9 ratio instead of a 4:3 ratio), it'll display black space on the left and right. If for some reason your monitor is configured to "zoom" instead of "stretch" or to leave space, that might cause your particular problems (I don't recall running into this with computer monitors, but TVs may be configured to zoom to avoid distortions or blank space).

Failing that, it may be possible that your computer or monitor does not truly support the fullscreen resolution that Iji is attempting to run at and is cutting off part of your display, but I have no experience with this particular outcome.

User Info: manofstars

manofstars
1 year ago#3
The game runs in 4:3 ratio on my widescreen monitor, but even the left and right sides of the screen are slightly cutoff. It's like the entire screen is slightly zoomed in within that one square. Putting my monitor into other resolution/ratio settings just gives me a different version of that cutoff (for example, one puts it in a small box in the middle, but even within that box it's still cut off). Plus it also cuts off at the top and bottom, so it's probably not a problem with the widescreen.

Also it's probably worth noting I tried to take screenshots of the game to show exactly what it looks like, but when I checked the screenshots I had taken they all showed the entire game and looked completely normal... I'm not sure why that is.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Screen cutoff problems

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Iji 1.7Kaelin456/9 3:22AM