Collection of Malady's Iji Questions.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Collection of Malady's Iji Questions.

User Info: Malady

Malady
1 year ago#1
Collection of Malady's Iji Questions.:

1. There are 'missing pacifist ending pics'?

As literally quoted from the FAQ.

2. How do I control the Enemy Crack result? I guess I can't? ... Well, Nanomaster apparently can be done as a Pacifist... Trying for Pacifist Fully Supercharged Extreme Nanomaster...

3. Couldn't Iji disarm her enemies? Well, at least the Tasen scouts and soldiers? She's bullet-resistant enough to get into CQC range, and possibly grab their weapons out of their hands? ... Or are the guns bonded to the user? ... The latter is creepy...

4. Lastly... Shouldn't the enemies run out of rockets and stuff after a while? Or do they somehow have infinite rockets and stuff like Iji has Infinite Shotgun?!

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
1 year ago#2
1. I intended to make some of the ending pictures different depending on what you did during the game, usually related to the person shown in the picture. For example, showing Iji and a small group of Tasen from the Sector 9 bunker if you managed to save them, instead of the picture of Iosa. But I was weary after drawing over 70 cutscene pictures for three months, and too dissatisfied with the ones already in the game at that point.

2. What happens when you crack someone is always the same. Part of what happens is that the enemy's HP is halved, so Scouts always die from cracking since they only have 1 HP (and no "pain" animation or related code). If I make another version I'd probably change this.

3. I suppose she could, at least with the weaker enemies. To be honest I never considered it during development, as the game was becoming too complex already. :p

4. Lore-wise, they do not have infinite ammo, and it makes no sense for Iji to have it either (hence a logbook joking about it). But gameplay-wise it would get a bit boring to wait around until they ran out of ammo, I think. :)
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

Malady
1 year ago#3
2. I just went in Sector 2. Got Crack 4, Strength 1. Cracked the Soldiers to the left and the right of the bottom of the 1st lift. Right first, then the Left one. Right had her Heavy Weapon malfunction, while Left had her Nanofield self-combust.

Ultimortal
1 year ago#4
To clarify, I had the idea of making the pacifist ending pictures around the 1.3 update, but my experience with making the previous pictures just put me off the idea entirely.

Edit: Oh yeah, it is random for Tasen Soldier - it's all the bigger enemies who have their HP halved. Sorry, I don't remember the details anymore. :p

Malady
1 year ago#5
*nods*

How come Sector Z's first area is so slow compared to everywhere else?
(message deleted)

Malady
1 year ago#7
And at Crack 10, I just cracked a Tasen Commander. Got a Heavy Weapon Malfunction message only, no sparking animation. Which means that there wasn't any Nanofield Self-Combustion.

Also at the prereq Crack 10, I cracked an Annihilator, and got Weapon Malfunction and Health Damage...

Malady
1 year ago#8
And a Berserker, also at Crack 10. Just Weapon Break.

Malady
1 year ago#9
Mmm... Can't do a Fully Supercharged Pacifist, as I need to kill Asha...

Maybe I should do all 3 endings, just for the pictures. ... Huh. There's no Gallery. Just realized that...

Ultimortal
1 year ago#10
How come Sector Z's first area is so slow compared to everywhere else?

It uses a lot of line/polygon drawing in the background, and modern computers don't like the way Game Maker 5 does it (DirectDraw). Plenty of special effects use polygons, but Tor and Sector Z are usually what cause the most slowdown.

I just checked in the code, and it appears that Scouts, Soldiers, Beasts and Shredder riders always die instantly, Annihilators always have their HP halved, and the other enemies have a 50% chance of having their HP halved. Ammo drops are guaranteed and heavy weapons always malfunction.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Collection of Malady's Iji Questions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Iji 1.7Kaelin456/9 3:22AM