The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Collection of Malady's Iji Questions.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Collection of Malady's Iji Questions.

User Info: Malady

Malady
11 months ago#21
The link, is actually: https://web.archive.org/web/20141017022637/http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/118428-iji/send_download?code=3a907e342d5888a4683056d873a35238617f5b82

But, maybe you don't want a mirror. Just in case you do.

Malady
11 months ago#22
Is it said anywhere that riding a Shredder keeps you from being damaged by being near other Shredders? 'Cause I only found out from the trailer. ... Although, in hindsight, it makes sense to not cripple being in a shredder like that?

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
11 months ago#23
I don't think it's written anywhere, but it would be pretty bothersome if Shredders collided with each other. :p
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

User Info: ZeldaMutant

ZeldaMutant
11 months ago#24
Malady posted...
Defeating Proxima without using the Electropads on Extreme might be the hardest thing, but I think it's possible?
It's shouldn't be that hard. With reboots you can get all the supercharges in the first four sectors no problem. Those sectors have 10 MPFB ammo total so you won't lose any to reboot. The total amount of MPFB ammo before Proxima is 61. At 4.95 damage per full hit, it takes 41 to kill Proxima.

(Though I'm not fully sure how easy it is to get all that ammo with limited stat investment. I usually end up with ~35 when doing a mid-strength no-crack build. I guess you could purposefully avoid gathering any ammo in Sector 5, reboot until all the doors are open, then do your final reboot and gather all the ammo. That's 30 and the next two sectors should have more than enough loose ammo)

...in any case, with 25 points to spend, you can get something like TA10 HE10 AS5 AT4 which should blow him away. You can't miss too much but that's it, no real risk of dying.

Malady
11 months ago#25
ZeldaMutant posted...
It's shouldn't be that hard. With reboots you can get all the supercharges in the first four sectors no problem. Those sectors have 10 MPFB ammo total so you won't lose any to reboot. The total amount of MPFB ammo before Proxima is 61. At 4.95 damage per full hit, it takes 41 to kill Proxima.

(Though I'm not fully sure how easy it is to get all that ammo with limited stat investment. I usually end up with ~35 when doing a mid-strength no-crack build. I guess you could purposefully avoid gathering any ammo in Sector 5, reboot until all the doors are open, then do your final reboot and gather all the ammo. That's 30 and the next two sectors should have more than enough loose ammo)

...in any case, with 25 points to spend, you can get something like TA10 HE10 AS5 AT4 which should blow him away. You can't miss too much but that's it, no real risk of dying.

I see. Yeah, the hard part is the planning.

I guess the focus on the MPFB is 'cause it's got the best DPS? ... How often does the Nuke fire? Could you just keep retrying until you get a no-nuke run? ... Don't think so, I think Proxima, who I think is a girl?, fires the Nuke at certain health levels too?...

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
11 months ago#26
Proxima fires the Nuke after a certain time (or rather, after a certain number of orders has been executed). Knocking it into the electropads is the only thing that resets the timer.
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

ZeldaMutant
10 months ago#27
Okay, I did it.

http://i.imgtc.com/wxHh8uZ.jpg

Some notes:

1. It's a lot harder than I thought. Proxima hits hard, there's very little health and the nukes are unavoidable 4 damage. It's very easy to die here.

2. It's a lot easier than I thought. Blowing Proxima across the room with kicks and MPFB causes its AI to get confused and just spam tackle. You can deplete a third of its health without losing any yourself by trapping it in a loop, bouncing between the two doors. Because it doesn't get to attack, it doesn't get to nuke either. So when I got the trick, I beat it with flying colours.

3. The ammo estimates were lower than reality, because you can get Tasen 10 and use Vengeance to pick up more ammo. I would have reached ~56 if it weren't for the Assimilate cap.

4. The ammo estimates are completely unnecessary because sector 7 has a nano-to-ammo converter named Vateilika. Just play pacifistic for the first three sectors, then kill enough in sector 7 so you can buy MPFB cells from her. That way you can get 2 more supercharges for more Attack. Or do an Extreme All Supercharges run.

Malady
10 months ago#28
ZeldaMutant posted...
Okay, I did it.

http://i.imgtc.com/wxHh8uZ.jpg

Cool!

Give the save for posterity? Just wondering.

ZeldaMutant posted...

2. It's a lot easier than I thought. Blowing Proxima across the room with kicks and MPFB causes its AI to get confused and just spam tackle. You can deplete a third of its health without losing any yourself by trapping it in a loop, bouncing between the two doors. Because it doesn't get to attack, it doesn't get to nuke either. So when I got the trick, I beat it with flying colours.

Wait, so did she nuke you or not?

ZeldaMutant posted...

3. The ammo estimates were lower than reality, because you can get Tasen 10 and use Vengeance to pick up more ammo. I would have reached ~56 if it weren't for the Assimilate cap.

So, do you need more, or less, than 41 MFPB shots? ... What does Vengeance do? Looked in the Guide, and it doesn't say...

I wonder what'd happen if you maxed Attack or Assimilate instead of Health... Then again, Assimilate's Special Skill isn't useful against Proxima. Although, the Attack one might be?

ZeldaMutant posted...

4. The ammo estimates are completely unnecessary because sector 7 has a nano-to-ammo converter named Vateilika. Just play pacifistic for the first three sectors, then kill enough in sector 7 so you can buy MPFB cells from her. That way you can get 2 more supercharges for more Attack. Or do an Extreme All Supercharges run.

Oh. Right! Vateilika!

ZeldaMutant
10 months ago#29
Malady posted...
https://www.mediafire.com/?29jpo8m5daz9vx2

On the winning run, she managed to escape the loop enough times to get one nuke in.

So, do you need more, or less, than 41 MFPB shots? ... What does Vengeance do?
Looking at the screenshot, I fired 33 MPFB shots, plus a few rockets during the nuke charge (didn't want to risk knocking it into the electropads). Some MPFB missed; it would take only 31 full hits at 4 ATK. Vengeance makes every Tasen ammo pickup give one more ammo.

I wonder what'd happen if you maxed Attack or Assimilate instead of Health... Then again, Assimilate's Special Skill isn't useful against Proxima. Although, the Attack one might be?
Anything over 5 Assimilate is fairly useless as even at 1 atk Proxima dies in 41 full MPFB hits. The trait would let you heal a bit better from the red nanofields, but Health is still better.

Malady
10 months ago#30
ZeldaMutant posted...
Malady posted...
https://www.mediafire.com/?29jpo8m5daz9vx2

Well, I meant posting the hex, but it's not like Mediafire's any less reliable than Gamefaqs?

ZXCQWER00001262143231172414715807044451010237ASD
7.51463685600000E+0009

Ijicryption v2.2 (29/11/08)
WARNING: MANUALLY MODIFYING THIS SAVEFILE WILL MAKE IT CORRUPT

ZeldaMutant posted...
On the winning run, she managed to escape the loop enough times to get one nuke in.

So, do you need more, or less, than 41 MFPB shots? ... What does Vengeance do?
Looking at the screenshot, I fired 33 MPFB shots, plus a few rockets during the nuke charge (didn't want to risk knocking it into the electropads). Some MPFB missed; it would take only 31 full hits at 4 ATK. Vengeance makes every Tasen ammo pickup give one more ammo.

Anything over 5 Assimilate is fairly useless as even at 1 atk Proxima dies in 41 full MPFB hits. The trait would let you heal a bit better from the red nanofields, but Health is still better.

So, if you maxed Attack, you would have gotten enough damage in the assault to not be Nuked. Hmm. Useful to know.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Collection of Malady's Iji Questions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived