Iji 1.7

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Iji 1.7

User Info: Kaelin

Kaelin
3 months ago#1
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

You can download a high-quality soundtrack from the site as well. There are also new passive(!) weapons that give us something productive to do with weapons in a Pacifist run.

I'll have to return to this tomorrow to give it a proper assessment, but a "thank you" is in order as always.

User Info: IkazuCirno

IkazuCirno
3 months ago#2
Just dropping in to say that scout's shaking fist at player is a nice touch.
Genocide is fun, as long as death is cheap. About "7% of your money on the moment of death" cheap.

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
3 months ago#3
Heh, they were supposed to look scared :p It was a bit hard to convey without deviating from their standard pose too much.
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

User Info: Malady

Malady
3 months ago#4
Well, the copyright stuff needs a change to end at 2017, instead of 2010? But other than that, I now have a reason to replay!

Replaying on Extreme! Gonna try out those new weapons! Eee!

OH! Iji's got a zapping animation! .. Can it be used as an attack?? Nope. That's the thing for showing that cracking / log access range is longer...
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Ultimortal

Ultimortal
3 months ago#5
I actually wanted to keep the copyright stuff at 2004-2010 since that's when most of the game was made. It's not like I spent 2004-2017 making it, and "2004-2008, 2008-2010, 2017" is a bit long. :p
Original freeware games and more: http://www.remar.se/daniel

Kaelin
3 months ago#6
I've started my folder completely from scratch.

First, Pacifist mode makes a lot more sense now (no more "self-defense" kills), and it's a lot more interesting/fluid than just running through/around enemies or reflecting them to death. It's also a bit harder to build levels, since the Pulse Linker can only milk so much Nano. I've done a Pacifist run on Hard, and I still had a few levels to spare to handle Sector X, but I don't know if it would have been enough on Extreme.

I do like the Pacifist weapons in general. You've made them more varied than the original weapons, which I don't imagine is an easy feat, and the Passive CFIS has applications even in a Genocide run. Even if it was awkward to use in this particular room, I found the Shock Barrier handy in the Sector 8 with the teleporting enemies, even when placing it in the middle of the action, as it cut in half the number of projectiles I had to dodge at any given time.

In that Hard Pacifist run, I tried running a mostly-flat build (5 Health and 6 Others) except when I had to do that one thing to keep the Pacifist run intact (and when doing so, I found the MPFB Neutralizer to be amazing for navigating out of the area with that weapon in Sector X). Even just using it to support shotgunning Assassins, I feel like Attack is perhaps overpowered now. Besides Attack 6 cutting battles in ~half, a larger portion of shots make the enemy flinch (do HP damage), making it hard for the enemy to ever counter. For a player going Genocidal, it's easier to not run out of Health and Ammo when you can be do up to triple damage/effectiveness per ammo, and it's probably worth sacrificing one of the two weapon lines (or the top tier of each line, or Cracking, or Strength, or more than a basic amount of Assimilate) to get that.

Of course Health still has that issue that it's basically obligatory to boost to a certain level. I suspect there's not much appetite to realign HP progression so max HP becomes [Level + 5], [2*Level + 5], [2*Level + roundup(Sector / 2)] or somesuch, but it would give players more freedom to distribute points as they see fit.

"Expanded save file" -- Unless you're referring to the save slots using more space, I'm only seeing five slots.

It may be a while before I get around to it, but I'll try to come back to see what makes the 300+ kill run special.

Malady
3 months ago#7
Kaelin posted...
I've started my folder completely from scratch.

First, Pacifist mode makes a lot more sense now (no more "self-defense" kills), and it's a lot more interesting/fluid than just running through/around enemies or reflecting them to death. It's also a bit harder to build levels, since the Pulse Linker can only milk so much Nano. I've done a Pacifist run on Hard, and I still had a few levels to spare to handle Sector X, but I don't know if it would have been enough on Extreme.

Well, I haven't even cracked my first scout yet... But, are you getting the Supercharges? Where are you not getting Max level? Also, you can still do pacifist kills by reflecting projectiles, until a sabotaged weapon explosion can take them out... then sabotage them? Unless that doesn't work anymore?
(edited 3 months ago)

Malady
3 months ago#8
Malady posted...
[Pacifist Sabotage Kills] Unless that doesn't work anymore?

Nevermind, it still works, thankfully.

Kaelin
3 months ago#9
I wasn't getting most of the Supercharges, so yeah, putting in the work to get most of those should be more than enough.

I was coming up a few levels short on XP. I hadn't put effort into sabotaging weapons at the right HP level to trigger a suicide, or having enemies kill themselves or each other with friendly fire.

I didn't mean to insinuate that Extreme Pacifist might be impossible, but it would likely require planning in a way not necessary for a Hard mode run. I tried to go with a pretty casual self-imposed rule set, and I was met with a playthrough that wasn't grueling by any stretch but would likely have faced problems with Extreme (which is perhaps the point of these difficulty settings).

Malady
3 months ago#10
Kaelin posted...
I wasn't getting most of the Supercharges, so yeah, putting in the work to get most of those should be more than enough.

*Nods*

Kaelin posted...
I was coming up a few levels short on XP. I hadn't put effort into sabotaging weapons at the right HP level to trigger a suicide, or having enemies kill themselves or each other with friendly fire.

I meant, "At which sector did you start getting short of Max Level"... But, you might not remember. Either way, the info is helpful. Thanks.

Kaelin posted...
I didn't mean to insinuate that Extreme Pacifist might be impossible, but it would likely require planning in a way not necessary for a Hard mode run. I tried to go with a pretty casual self-imposed rule set, and I was met with a playthrough that wasn't grueling by any stretch but would likely have faced problems with Extreme (which is perhaps the point of these difficulty settings).

Well, I know that Extreme Pacifist is possible 'cause I asked about it before, regarding 1.6.

It'd be easier if a Reboot had you drop the ammo that didn't fit once your Assimilate goes down... Or does it now keep the higher ammo, but not let you grab anymore if your Assimilate's too low? Dunno.

Taking out Proxima without the electricity, for the Supercharge might be easier now? With the higher damage?

I wonder what the trinary in the main menu is about... And you can kick people to make them stop, even if you don't knock them down... How about that...
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Iji
  3. Iji 1.7

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

More topics from this board...
Fighting fan game.Puffolotti45/24 5:33PM